Roommate troubles

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:52 PM

Car Info: '12 pbp wrx
Roommate troubles

So tonight I almost got into a fist fight with Sarah* (name changed). She is not on the lease because she was planning on moving back to LA where she is from. Well she decided to stay. There goes my hopes and dreams of getting another roomie. Anyways, she's on the softball team and is always talking about that, which doesn't bother me except when I open my mouth about cars she's gotta act like it isn't important.

We've got into arguments before over food because she eats all the junkfood I buy but only gives my other roommate grocery money. Very rarely does she ever go shopping. Whenever I try to ask her or tell her something, like replacing the frozen pizzas she ate, or like in this case, why my face towel was on the window above the shower it's WWIII. She starts shouting why I ask f'ng dumb questions, do I honestly think she would do that, i'm spoiled, I don't clean the bathroom, while she's going to school and playing a sport, etc.

I stopped wiping down the counter because she kept leaving her freakn water spots. I work part time and go to school full time, my mom helps me out but hey in this economy barely anyone can fully support themselves. Oh btw did I mention she has a loan, so technically it isn't her money she's using anyway.

She's constantly bragging about how her mom lives in diamond bar but then says how she has to help her out. Her family is just living there so they can say they are. And boy does she work it, every chance she gets she tells people that she's from there like she hates being here. If you hate it so much why the hell are you living here?

Oh and the best part, she always complains about how people call her ghetto and how her coach picks on her. If you listen to this girl talk you wouldn't blame them. She has to get all up in peoples faces (including mine) and tell them off.

So as she's in my face screaming at me (still over the towel issue because she couldn't just answer my question) I asked her why she wonders why people think she's ghetto. Oh but I live in Turlock so I must be way more ghetto than she is. Ha, this is where I might've over stretched the boundaries a little. I told her my family has more money than hers ever will. I admit it is a low blow and sounds extremely shallow. But hey, it shut her up.

Man I don't know what i'm going to do, I can't stand living with her. Just her very presence in the house annoys the crap out of me. It's like a fly buzzing in your ear 24/7. I really am contemplating moving back in with my parents. If I don't I think we might get into a physical altercation soon and I don't feel like having assault charges.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
sounds like its time to move the FUUU out and save some money
Old 06-26-2010, 02:10 AM

Car Info: WRX
It's funny when I first read "sarah" because I know a Sarah from LA who lives down there. LOL

Ya, good luck with that. I say move out or kick her *** out. Either way you guys can't be in the same place. Find a place with someone you like and maybe a garage for your car.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:12 AM

Car Info: E85 Tuned
Agree!
Old 06-26-2010, 02:19 AM

Car Info: EQ Tuned * Corn Juiced '05 WRX
Sounds like you have roommate issues....??!!?!?!?!

HAHA, well, I don't know how much this will help, but it helped me with my roommates before even though it's a different situation:

Anything that's yours in the kitchen: pots, pans, sauces, spices, dishes, cutlery, utensils, ANYTHING that is rightfully yours, take up it up to your room and leave it there and use it when you need it and lock your door whenever you leave. Toilet paper, water bottles, ANYTHING that's yours, take it with you.

If she complains more and asks why you took the stuff to your room, tell her that until she stops complaining and does work around the apartment, she ain't getting ****.

I only read over your post once so I don't really remember what its about...
Old 06-26-2010, 02:35 AM

Car Info: 2011 SSM STI Sedan
Wow tell us how you really feel! lol
Old 06-26-2010, 03:09 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by DarkJuic3b0x
Sounds like you have roommate issues....??!!?!?!?!

HAHA, well, I don't know how much this will help, but it helped me with my roommates before even though it's a different situation:

Anything that's yours in the kitchen: pots, pans, sauces, spices, dishes, cutlery, utensils, ANYTHING that is rightfully yours, take up it up to your room and leave it there and use it when you need it and lock your door whenever you leave. Toilet paper, water bottles, ANYTHING that's yours, take it with you.

If she complains more and asks why you took the stuff to your room, tell her that until she stops complaining and does work around the apartment, she ain't getting ****.

I only read over your post once so I don't really remember what its about...
+1 on keeping your ****, ive got my own beer fridge, and ive got a stash of stuff in my room haha
Old 06-26-2010, 08:43 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX/2008 Yamaha YFZ450
yeah what they said about locking up your stuff, of if you and her leave some dirty dishes or something on the counter/sink clean up YOUR stuff only and tell her she needs to clean her stuff up. But if she isnt on the lease you can kick her *** out too.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:24 AM

Car Info: '12 pbp wrx
I think I might just have to move out, I can't stay here if she's going to stay. It'll be a rude wakeup call when she realizes she's gonna have to pay almost twice as much for rent and she doesn't have a job.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:34 AM

Car Info: WRB 03(sold) AW 03(sold) 02 Taco!
Just move out it will be for the better, sounds like it's taking a toll on your sanity which is never good. I hate ****ty roommates.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:43 AM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
i say get off the lease and find a new spot...no sense in having to deal with that. good luck though, i feel your pain!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:38 AM

Car Info: WRX
Beer fridge and TP FTWMFW! LOL
Old 06-26-2010, 10:47 AM

Car Info: your sister crazy.
Roommates not working out? Never heard of that b4.. lol.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:50 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Time to kick rocks.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:54 AM

Car Info: Was 08 Outback XT, Now 06 Sport Edition 4Runner
Is your name on the lease?

Did you have her sign any kind of room/rent agreement?

If you're name is on the lease and you leave you'll still be liable for the place: rent, damages, utilities, etc.

Give 'er the boot!

Quick Reply: Roommate troubles