FOR SALE: 97 Impreza L wagon 5MT in Pittsburgh (Lots of upgrades and new parts)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 06:18 PM

FOR SALE: 97 Impreza L wagon 5MT in Pittsburgh (Lots of upgrades and new parts)

MORE PICTURES HERE: http://www.intertrick.org/wagon/
Please email me at tom@intertrick.org for more info.

I am selling my Black 97 Impreza L wagon 5 speed. It has 123k miles on it. This car is the perfect daily driver for a Subaru Fan. Its a fun and reliable vehicle that you won't mind getting a rock chip on or two while driving in the winter. When I got this car I modded the suspension so it would handle at least as well as my WRX which has some suspension mods. As you can see from the list of STI, CUSCO, and KYB this wagon handles very well.

Vehicle Facts:
no bugs or driving quarks of any kind (basically, everything works as it did when it was new)
Never smoked in!
Absolutely does not leak any fluids (new seals)
A/C works fine
No history of problems
Fresh PA State Inspection - good through 6/2006
Interior looks like its almost new

Known/Visable Damage to the exterior:
The front grille is cracked (I bet you could buy a used stock grille on nasioc.com for $30) - very clearly shown in the pictures
Minor scratches around the luggage rack (I use it all the time)
Two small dents in passenger side rear door - very clearly shown in the pictures
Dent in rear drivers side quarter panel - very clearly shown in the pictures

Several people have asked me how the above noted damage occurred. This is what I know:
The previous owner apparently backed up next to something that damaged the rear quarter panel. bumped into something at just the right height to crack the grille. The hood and bumper don't show signs of being damaged or repaired so your guess is as good as mine. Finally, the dents in the rear door were caused by some jerk opening his door into the side of the car. By the way, CarFAX.com reports this vehicle as clean and accident free which matches the story told to me by the previous owner.

I think its important for anybody who buys a car to know a little info about the car's history so here it goes. I am a network engineer for a computer consulting company that has customers scattered all over the country. I purchased this wagon 9 months ago as a daily driver/trip car. The wagon had about 100k on it at the time and needed a few minor mechanical repairs. Since I planned on driving the wagon hundreds and sometimes thousands of miles away form home on a daily basis the of possibility breaking was down very scary. I read through the manual and the mysubaru.com site and did all the recommended maintenance. I also spent a ton of time on nasioc.com researching other parts to replace. At about 105k miles I noticed that the clutch was slipping a little and since it was the original clutch with 105k miles on it I figured that it had lived its life. I also noticed that the bearings around the clutch were starting to make noise so I figured it was time for a complete rebuild. I picked a nice exede clutch that was slightly stiffer than a stock WRX clutch but still very drivable. Around the same time the brakes and several other components were also ready to be replaced so I started working on the car a little each weekend for a few months.

The wagon has been very reliable, it has never broken down on me or given me any trouble whatsoever. I have felt very safe and comfortable driving it out to Colorado and back. On camping trips, to the SPTR rally in north central Pennsylvania and dozens and dozens of other trips. In addition to reliability, the new suspension and performance parts just make the car all the more enjoyable to drive. Since the suspension is adjustable you could set the suspension to full hard and go out for a spirited drive or full soft and take your parents out to dinner.

Here is the mod list (4k to 10k miles ago):
Full kyb agx suspension
STI Group-n top hats
2001 RS springs
STi group-n transmission mount
STi Group-n Pitch mount
Cusco 23mm rear sway bar
Cobb short shifter
Kartboy shifter bushings
Momo shifter
Exedy clutch (A little stiffer than a stock WRX)
EBC Green Stuff brake pads and front rotors
Home made grounding kit
Competition grade stereo
(I will part this car out if you're interested, please email me: tom@intertrick.org )

Maintenance history (All about two months/6k miles ago):
Timing belt
Timing belt tensioner
Alternator
Water pump and seals
Clutch kit (exedy as mentioned before)
OEM Flywheel
Input shaft bearing
Throw-out bearing
pressure plate
New transmission fluid (OE Subaru Fluid)
Coolant Flush
Brake System flush with high performance fluid
4 new tires at 103k miles (they don't all match but they were purchased at the same time)

Over all, the biggest question about the wagon has been: "why are you selling it since you just put all this money into it". Well, the answer to that is very simple. I just struck a deal with my employer to get a new company car. Starting Monday the 11th of July I am getting a Lexus RX 300 at absolutely no cost to me! Since I wont need to have insurance on the Lexus, pay for gas, etc this is a great deal for me. In addition to the Lexus and this 97 wagon I also have a Toyota truck and a 2005 STI. Four cars will just be to much all the way around.

Insurance on this car is great. I am in my mid 20s with a good driving record and my insurance is only $300 per year with state farm. This includes full coverage with $0 comprehensive deductible and a $500 collision deductible.

At the moment the wagon has a competition grade stereo system installed. This system cost me about $5800 in 2002. As I am sure you can imagine, it rocks. I am offering the car for sale with two different prices. One price reflects the price of the car bundled with the huge system while the other reflects the car with a more basic system consisting of a CD player and some nice speakers.

The current system is made up of the following:
Pioneer premiere 750MP MP3 capable head unit
Rockford 800a4 4 channel amp
Rockford 1000a2 2 channel amp
4 sets of Rockford FNQ component speakers (4x4 = 8 total)
2 Rockford HE 10" subs
2x Rockford 1F Caps
I have also installed about 150-175sqft of Dynamat installed to keep things nice and solid.

Asking price:

$4200 without the huge stereo system (Car will have 4 speakers and a CD player)

-OR-

$5800 with the huge stereo system (The stereo was $5800 new in 2002)

Please email me at tom@intertrick.org for more info.

Here are some more pictures from the picture gallery:

Crack in the front grille (I bet this could be fixed for $30 or less, look on nasioc.com):

NOTE: The ONLY damage visible here is the crack on the lower part of the grill. The marks on the hood above the grill are reflections of me taking the picture and of some nearby trees.

A strut top showing the adjustable KYB AGX suspension and a Group-N top hat:

A nice clean and well cared for interior:

More pictures here: http://www.intertrick.org/wagon/
Old 07-11-2005, 10:36 AM

pm'd you!

william
Old 07-11-2005, 05:58 PM

Bump for Monday
Old 07-12-2005, 01:36 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver 5door 5spd WRX
I am interested in your car. please email me so we can discuss. socrates4242 at gmail.com