NJ: '95 Impreza L coupe w/WRX motor/driveline, Link ecu, other mods...INCOMPLETE

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 11:45 AM

Car Info: NSX, 3 WRXs :eek:, '98 Outback, '96 Legacy wagon
NJ: '95 Impreza L coupe w/WRX motor/driveline, Link ecu, other mods...INCOMPLETE

I literally just purchased this, but I am tentatively putting it back up for sale, as the city is giving me a hard time about working on it in the street in front of my house, and I don't want to pay a shop to do the remaining labor.

Asking price is $5750 obo.

I have a brand new FP20g available for it that I'm going to sell separately if I sell the car. If the buyer is interested, we can discuss.

Here is the list of mods from its original post.

1995 Blue Impreza L 97,000 miles on the body...it weighed 2420 lbs from the factory, and will be a BEAST w/the swap completed.

Mods:

WRX front and rear struts/springs
WRX steering Rack
WRX Crossmember
WRX 5 speed Tranny
WRX Front and Rear Brake Upgrade
WRX front seats
B&M Short Shifter
Link Engine Management - Wired In
Stock TD04 Turbo
Blitz Nurspec 3" Cat Back
WRX USDM EJ20 (25k miles)
Nardi Torino Steering Wheel
Euro WRX Tachometer
New Clutch and throwout bearing
Version 5 Front Bumper (not pictured)
Version 5 Hood
(needs wheels)

*drivetrain swap needs to be finish all parts needed are included*
specifically, driveshaft install, pedal assembly, clutch slave install and bleed the brakes.

Car can be seen by appointment.
This is a older picture to get a visualization of what it looks like!

Mark
crazyfastwrx@yahoo.com
cell: 609-287-9806
Old 07-29-2004, 11:29 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx wgn
FS: '95 Impreza L coupe w/WRX motor/driveline, Link ecu, other mods...INCOMPLETE

Mark, I would just about be interested if it was completed. What all needs to be done to it to finish it and gte it here? I am always pondering the idea of selling wagon and having project car near done like this Yet still able to do things I want to car ya know. Email me oneoffive@aol.com
-Joe
Old 07-29-2004, 12:18 PM

Needs a lot of little things, which I've been continually working on. It goes into Rallispec the 4th week of August. I take a one week vacation on 8/16 to swap my '02 WRX parts over to it, which for me is the point of no return. Until then, its for sale

Rallispec is going to go over the wiring, and road tune the Link, as well as swap my RA tranny into the '95. Anything else that I can't get to will be dealt w/ then, too, if their time allows.

My next steps are to install the one caliper that's not on, bleed the brakes, and then rehook the e-brake. I hopefully have a hydraulic clutch cyl on the way, as I want to get that system working asap, too.

I also found out after recieving the car that there is no A/C w/the WRX motor. I'm planning on doing the swap w/o AC for the time being, then eventually installing the underhood A/C components, since the '95 L had air cond from the factory.

Some bolts aren't in the cradles/subframe/mounts...they are in a box in the trunk.

There are no rear seats, and the carpeted wooden board behind the rear seats is missing.

The rear struts need AWD top mounts for the car to sit properly. I sourced these, and will have them shortly.

I sourced a hood scoop and vents, but haven't had a chance to go pay for them and pick them up. Also sourced RS clear headlights and grill, same situation, haven't had the opportunity to pick them up, either. The hood closes fine, but the '93 headlights and grill don't match the contour of the RS hood.

There is no windshield washer bottle.

From what I've seen so far, those are the issues that need to be addressed. I'm working on them as I have time, which is usually an hour or two, here and there.

Mark
Old 08-02-2004, 11:32 AM

I took 14 pics w/my crappy digi-cam this morning, and I apologize in advance that some pics aren't centered well, and the photograph quality is substandard.

Hopefully I can get ahold of a better digicam soon Here's a link to the pics.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann...dwrx/my_photos

Mark