Gauging Interest > FS/Possible part-out: 1995 Impreza L, 76k miles, RS drivetrain...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 12:29 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Arrow Gauging Interest > FS/Possible part-out: 1995 Impreza L, 76k miles, RS drivetrain...

Right now, i'm just seeing if there is any interest...

I'm thinking about selling it because well, i'm tired of it I guess, and I'm out of mod money to keep myself happy with it...

I bought it a year and a half ago from LIC motorsports with the RS drivetrain in it. It was being preped to be a track car at that time, but I had it converted back to street duty before I purchased it. I've taken it to two auto-x's since then, and a couple of back-road driving trips, but other than that not any other serious use from me. Before that, it was Joel Gat's car (aka Gary Sheehans team mechanic).

Its definatly not a perfect car for your average joe, and I wouldnt recomend it as a daily driver as it is(which I have been using it for). I'll be completely honest in this thread so there wont be any surprised for anyone interested. Ill list them after I list more info about the car.

UPDATE! I just spent $2300 repairing the transmission. ALL 5 gears were replaced, and a new front differential (OBX LSD) was installed. Shifts VERY smooth now, basically a brand new transmission!
Also installed Kartboy tranny crossmember bushings, TiC shifter pivot bushings, and the Kartboy rear shifter bushing!
Also, GT-Spec front fender braces are on the way! Will be installed for the buyer if the car is sold.
Price has been updated too

Details:

1995 Subaru Impreza L

BAR legal (IE certified by a California state SMOG Referee) RS 2.5 motor and transmission swap, installed by LIC motorsports (can still be seen on the web page at: http://www.licmotorsports.com/projectl.htm ). The motor/tranny when swaped had about the same mileage as the car, which is now a 76,100 miles (not a typo)

SMOGGED last summer! Passed with flying colors!

No ABS, no trunk release, no power mirrors or power windows

Current Mods:

OBX FRONT LSD, JUST INSTALLED!!! Quaife replica, Helical dif
WRX rear LSD (came with the car, converted to 4.11 with ring/pinion swap)
WRX midpipe modified to fit, with STI muffler
Kartboy exhaust hangars
Modified CAI using 1.8 Intake
Lightweight Flywheel and ACT Clutch
Vishnu Underdrive pulley
17"x8" Rota Torques
225/45/17 Hankook RS-2 Tires (under 500 miles!)
KYB AGX struts with SPT springs
Eibach rear camber bolts
Group N top hats
STI short shifter/linkage
Kartboy shifter bushing, rear shifter bushing, tranny crossmember bushings
TiC short shifter pivot bushings
WRX 20mm rear swaybar
Whiteline Heavy Duty front and rear Endlinks
Generic front strut-bar
RS front brakes
WRX rear brakes/hubs
Whiteline rear diff bushings
Whiteline Steering rack bushings
STI Control arm bushings (IE from the WRX OEM suspension upgrade)
STI tranny mount (RS tranny crossmember)
STI engine mounts
2006 STi underbody Diffuser
1998 RS front seats
RS red stitching shift ****
60/40 rear fold down seat (from a early 90's legacy)
RS Floormats
RS steering wheel
WRX pedals
Sony CD/Radio, 6x9 Kenwood rear speakers
Gimble Camera mount (custom setup by ME between the rear speakers)

Pics:

Name:  kman4.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  59.1 KB

Name:  121.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  94.7 KB

Before seeing the price, here are the good and bad things (issues) about the car...

BAD (Issues):

The car doesnt look as good as it does in those pics, there are plenty of dings and rock chips, but nothing extreme other than the front bumper could use a repainting. I had plans to replace it with a V4 bumper, but no $$$ to do so.
The rear AND front fenders have been rolled, causing paint damage to the fender lips. I had to also cut the front fender liners to fit the 225 tires, but they fit now without rubbing.

The front struts squeek over bumps. Cant do anything about that, they work fine and dont squeek at settings 3 or 4 (only 1 or 2)

For other minor details, the driver window seal needs replacing because it doesnt seal 100% anymore by the mirror (aparently common with GC's). The rear seat, since its from a legacy, doesnt match perfect, and half of the 60/40 split doesnt work (tried to fix it, cant be done I dont think) and is also slightly faded. The front driver side carpet also has a hole in it, covered by the floor mats.

The Airbag light is on and wont go off. I dont know which airbag it is either, and the ECU doesnt want to have the code read for some reason (I dont know much about this, but it might be due to a wiring issue, I havent cared enough to notice).

The GOOD (unique things about this car):

The interior is PERFECT! Its what sold me on the car... Other than the one hole in the carpet and a slight crack in a panel in the rear of the car, it looks almost new. I've seen year old WRX's with worse interiors. This is where the 76k miles really shows.

The car is 100% street legal as it is. Certified by the BAR and with a CARB approved swap, it will pass emissions for years to come.

Being a 93-96 Impreza, its the lightest Impreza chassis of them all. And this one, with no ABS and no power features of any kind, is the the best model to use for a Impreza project car bar none weighing in at around 2600lbs! The RS drivetrain might add a little weight to that, but not much.

Its a great auto-x or track day car as it is! Doesn't need anything else to be fun to drive.

The Deal

I bought this car without the suspension, wheels, tires and several of those smaller mods for $6000 from LIC back in 2004.

If I were to sell it as it is, I would include all the mods, PLUS all of the extra intakes I have for it (stock RS intake, 1.8 intake, cone filter for both of those intakes), an extra FULL exhaust designed by LIC motorsports (pic: http://community.webshots.com/photo/...28749778sIYxyl ) and some other stock components if the buyer wants (stock endlinks/suspension/bushings)

As is I'm asking $6,000 for the car with those other items included...

Now, for the part-out option...

If someone IS interested in the car, but wants to spend less, I have the option of removing the suspension and wheels/tires in favor of stock parts. If I were to uninstall the suspension (including STI top hats, AGX's and SPT springs) and the wheels/tires (the Rotas with NEW Hankook tires) I would be willing to sell the car for $5,000.

IF someone is willing to buy the car without the suspenion and wheels/tires, I would be willing to part those outs... But only IF someone shows interest in the car. So please, NO DIBS ON THE SUSPENSION/WHEELS UNLESS I UPDATE THIS POST WITH CONFIRMATION THEY ARE FOR SALE!

Anyway, thats about it, let me know if you have any questions. Since i'm gauging interest at this time, I wont be including my phone # with this post.

Contact me via PM, or email at: Kostamojen@yahoo.com

Last edited by Kostamojen; 06-07-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:36 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
BUMP for a very clean car
Saw this in person at the Fairfield/Vacaville BBQ back in March @ lagoon valley park and its definently nice ride. GLIA
Old 06-07-2006, 03:58 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Updated