FS: 2004 WRX STi - Rally Blue - 79kmiles, $16k

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 08:07 AM

FS: 2004 WRX STi - Rally Blue - 79kmiles, $16k

It's been unbelievably great to own what was my "dream car" for the last 4 years, but it's time to move on, and my STi is up for sale.

2004 World Rally Blue STi
79,xxx miles
NO accidents
Clean title in-hand
Located in Tallahassee, FL
$16,500 OBO

Sorry, but NO TRADES.

I bought this car in April, 2005 off of a NASIOC Classifieds ad. The car had 27,xxx miles when I picked it up and was in excellent condition. This is the original sale thread:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722928

The car is mostly stock, and has never seen any type of competitive driving, neither under my care or the care of Josh, the previous owner. It has functioned as a basically flawless daily driver for me over the last 4 years. It has also never been modified any more aggressively than it sits right now, which is, by any standard, basically stock.

Engine:
- Previous owner had the clutch replaced by Subaru under warranty at ~17,000 miles. Original clutch was slipping [defective] and the replacement has been perfect ever since.
- Oil changed every 3,000 - 5,000 miles w/ Mobil 1 full synthetic
- Intake Silencer-delete
- FUMOTO engine oil drain valve (tool-less oil changes)

Interior:
- NO rips, tears, or cracks in anything
- Steering wheel, door handles, shift ****, drivers seat and HVAC show some wear. Nothing beyond what a 70k+ mile car should have.
- Windows are all tinted to 25%, 5% "sun strip" across windshield

Exterior:
- Paint is not perfect, but not bad. Received a few door knicks, rock chips, etc. Will post pics of all flaws.
- Rota Tarmac 2 wheels (don't have stock, previous owner put these on)
- Tires are 1 year old, 60% tread left
- Just had an alignment done

Better pics + interior pics to come.

Modifications (the "good!")
- Cobb AccessPORT stage 1
This has been on the car since about 60k miles. Runs great with this map. AccessPORT also has the fuel economy and valet maps installed, but I never use them.

- KYB AGX adjustable gas struts
I installed these at about 75,000 miles. I had the same ones on my 2000 RS and they are phenomenal struts. The stock subaru struts were suffering from the infamous 04/05 clunk, and I had some extra cash so I grabbed a set of these.

- BRAND new battery

- BRAND new accessory belt, AC belt, and AC idler
AC was also recharged at this time and blows cold, even here in Florida.

- Boost gauge, turbo timer, and A-pillar pod
These were all installed by the previous owner. The turbo timer is a GReddy "full auto timer." I have never used it, as it is a pointless mod on a daily driver. The boost gauge is some sort of ultra-cheap AutoMeter mounted in an extremely bad single-slot A-pillar pod. The gauge is probably the worst gauge I have ever seen. It doesn't even measure vac. The only reason I didn't remove this is because I didn't want a hole left in the pillar.

I purchased a molded, dual-gauge pod replacement pillar, but never bought gauges for it, so it isn't installed. It will be included with the car.

- Audio system
NOTE: Before reading further, know that I am completely disinterested in car audio. I don't know what brands are good, I don't care how loud it gets, and I don't know any of the terminology. "I've got two 16's and a Jimmy" means absolutely nothing to me.

According to the previous owner: component speakers in the front
JVC single-disc MP3 CD player in the dash. I've used it, so I can verify that it works. NO antenna or something, because radio doesn't come in. Fine by me. Also, I don't think there are speakers in the rear.

The amp is mounted in the trunk. It's 1,500 watts or something. Friends that know about this stuff have told me it's good, but nothing special. I will take some detailed photos.

The BAD:
- Cruise control works on its own whim. It might work perfectly for 800 miles and then randomly decide it's done. Starts turning itself off for no reason. I imagine it's one of the sensors either loose or going bad, but I don't take highway trips too often, so it hasn't been worth it for me to have this looked at.

- The wheel well liner on the passenger side is gone. A few of those awful black clips that hold liner in broke. Since it doesn't look like the liner actually does anything, and since not having it increased air flow to the intake, I left it off. Anyone living up north, however, would want to replace this piece as it likely protects from road salts in the winter.

- The brakes will need to be replaced before too long. Currently has Hawk HPS pads that are nearing the end of their lives. No grinding/rubbing, but if I were keeping the car, I would probably replace them within 5,000 miles.

I would be willing to meet buyers halfway, provided they pay for fuel costs.

Please feel free to post here, PM me, or email me at tallahasseesti@gmail.com with any questions/offers.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:59 AM

bump!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:49 AM

Bump!