FS: 1988 Subaru RX, CO

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 03:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 WRX wagon x2
FS: 1988 Subaru RX, CO

Ever since I got my WRX, my RX has been sitting in my driveway neglected. I bought it after begging the previous owner to sell it to me for 3 years. The car is a blast to drive, and as much as I love it, I just can't afford the extra insurance payments on a car that I won't be driving very often. I figure if the right buyer comes along, I can part with the car though. Anyway...description:

White. 5-speed dual range, diff lock, LSD, turbo, ground effects, etc. 193,000 miles, runs strong.

There is minor surface rust which I started to work on. I sanded and primed, but didn't do the greatest job, and I didn't get all of the spots, just the worst. I had to remove the trim on the drivers side door to get to a rust spot, and In the process, I destroyed it, so it's missing that part. The car has no major problems, it could use a tune-up, but I would be glad to do that before selling it. I just replaced the plug wires with new OEM wires because one of them got bent up somehow. The interior is in decent shape with the exception of the vinyl on the sides of the seats. Nearly impossible to find one with intact vinyl though. The little label by the dual range shifter is pretty worn, but that's also normal. It runs a little bit hot in the summer, the previous owner sold it to me like that, it could use a new radiator. AC doesn't work, haven't had a chance to troubleshoot. Previous owner replaced the compressor, but that didn't fix the problem. It has the usual leaky valve cover gaskets. It consumes oil, not tooooo bad, but it's definitely going somewhere. Compression was good when I tested it right after I got the car. I've put less than 3000 miles on it since I bought it over a year ago. I'm sure I'll think of more later. I want $1200ish for the car, it's negotiable, but I definitely will not go lower than $1000.

I've acquired almost all of the parts necessary for a 5-lug swap on the car as well. I'm waiting on the rear parts, but once I have those, all that will be left to hunt down is rotors, pads, brake lines, and the axles will need to be rebuilt. I'm pretty sure everything else is there. I also have black Rota Subzeros and Potenza S-03's sitting in my garage waiting for the swap. The wheels cost me $450, tires $370, I think about $300 for the parts themselves. I'd be willing to sell the car plus parts, wheels and tires for $1850.

I bought a parts car a few months back, and ended up with a lot of parts off of it. I'll throw in the extra headlight, corner light, tail lights, alternator, axles, starter, coil, shifter linkage, swaybars, trim pieces, whatever else I have for oh...$250?

So anyway, long story short, nice RX with tons of parts...$2100. I'll only sell it to someone who wants to fix it up, that car is absolutely NOT getting parted out. I'd rather keep it and let it sit in my driveway all alone and neglected than see it dismantled for parts. I would REALLY, REALLY prefer to sell the car with the parts-car-parts, it would just be too difficult to sell them off one by one. Like I said though, everything is negotiable.

I can take more pictures of the car upon request. Buyer would have to pick the car up. Anyone who wants parts without the car...we can discuss prices. Thanks guys. Picture.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:37 AM
VIP Member

Please buy my car.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:51 PM
VIP Member

The car left over a year ago. I sure do miss it.