05 WRX Subaru Must sell! 36k miles, $15,900 obo

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 01:08 AM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
they wont total a car if the damage doesnt exceed the value of the car worth. 05 with that little miles on it still worth a lot of money. so the damage has to be really serious
Old 11-18-2007, 08:08 AM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Thumbs down

"This car was in a small accident (25K Miles) "

Dishonest dick... simple as that!
Old 11-18-2007, 08:22 AM

Car Info: '06 Civic Hybrid (w/carpool Stickers!)
Nw Obs

Why you so pissed, i cant have a post with a salvage car for sale?
I know that there are some messed up cars that are being put together and sold and I'm not denying that, but I'm not lying about the condition of my or the accident it was in, I'm not selling this car at blue book either, all you judgements you making against my car are speculative and based on your experience, you should come check out my car, you will not even find a singe thing that's different on my car from other wrx's because it really was in a small accident, and it was repaired professionally!

I'm also aware of the fact that about 70% of all salvaged cars have been through messed up damage, but weather or not a car gets salvaged or not is determined by insurance and appraisers, I have seen cars with light damage get salvaged and I have seen cars that are meet up beyond repair that are clean title!

I'm not defending salvaged cars and saying their all exactly the same as clean title I'm just saying you have to judge every car by it self,

Here are some examples of salvaged cars…
Attached Thumbnails 05 WRX Subaru Must sell! 36k miles, ,900 obo-12849117_1x.jpg   05 WRX Subaru Must sell! 36k miles, ,900 obo-14010467_1x.jpg   05 WRX Subaru Must sell! 36k miles, ,900 obo-14010467_4x.jpg  
Old 11-18-2007, 08:34 AM

Please ~ You can sell anything you want to anyone who will buy it.

My point is this and this alone. Your ad says nowhere this car is a 'salvaged title'! "Not a clean title" does not count. Your car with 25K on the clock right now @ wholesale in only fair condition would be worth $14K. NO insurance company is going to write that car off for less then $10K in damage. That sir, is NOT "a small accident"!

Your ad is less then straight up... admit it.

I will also repeat that my intent was only to notify the unwary buyer that a 'salvaged title' car (there is no exception) is worth 50% of KBB. I was making that one post and then moving on.

You are the one who went on attack and I simply responded with the truth. I am finished.

Last edited by NW OBS; 11-18-2007 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
LOL im selling my CLEAN TITLE 2006 wrx with vf39 & supporting mods for 16k

Your smoking dick asking that much

Oh yeah and it has brand new tires & runs 12's

Last edited by Mr. Furley; 11-18-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B

This was your defense on buying a salvaged car....??

Dude, that car needs a new front bumper, new headlight, frame straightened, new passenger and rear door, new front fender, and looks like atleast lower control arm, new shock, new rim, new tire..... that's without even digging into the car....
Old 11-18-2007, 01:27 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
hey seller!!!

hey man.. i think im gunna be one of the only nice posts here.. sorry bout that!

i worked at a body shop for a while and a little damage can salvage a car.. even without messing up the frame. if u have to replace any sort of door or entire side panel an insurance company can call it salvaged because they are paying for part of the car.. so the mark it salvaged so that if they ever get into a totaled acccident the insurance company doesnt lose any more money from that car. So a salvaged vehicle could have basically been a smaller accident, but the insurance company CHOSE to change the title to salvage for money reasons.

Good luck with the sale amn.. hope this post help them understand what u are trying to say!
Old 11-18-2007, 08:54 PM

Talking

Done! Thanks guys...
Old 11-18-2007, 10:00 PM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
Also... Back up the prevous comment.

I also seen cars get totaled with little damage. Doesnt take much now days to total a car.

Would you belive this car below was 16k in damage?

It was not totaled. But the quality of the repair is why it was so high. Plus parts
Frame pull. (which is better now then OEM spec)
Two new 1/4 pannels
Bumper
Trunk and trunk tray.
And so on.

Labor can also totals cars not parts.

My car faired better then I did.

Now I can also see from a sales stand point how a used car sales mans best intrest is to flag this stuff. But you know..... Thats kinda wrong. Its his sale. If the car is totaled.... You have nothing to worry about. The bank will not put a note on a totaled car. And car fax should also pick this car up. If the buyer does his home work. Then there is nothing to worry about. If I was going to toss down any money on a car. I'd do my homeowrk.

Cut the guy a break. Let him sell his car. Its not really your place to tell people what they can or can not sell. Unless your the FBI (which your not) And there was some broken law. (milage) Chill out. Your a sales guy and that all you are. You know about sales... Not autobody and no one asked you anyways. Some people dont care out there anyways.

To the seller.
Sorry for the B.S. Welcome to i-club
Old 11-18-2007, 10:42 PM

Car Info: '06 Civic Hybrid (w/carpool Stickers!)
I appreciate the suppost guys, i was just tryin to sell a car and not tryin to scam anybody with a salvage title, i know most subaru buyers do their homework(per comment above) yet i still stated "not a clean title", with the rex like iwas selling i wasnt going to have grandmas lookin at it but guys like me and i figured most guys know what salvage is but just in case ill let them know it not a clean title,

regarding the price of my car: At the end of the day, its all supply and demand! for rex's supply is low and demand is high, therefore i dont have to sell my 05 wrx for 10K but what ever the market is willing to pay for it, salvage and all....

Plus some guys know a thing or two about auto body..... as some of you have responded!, thanks!
Old 11-18-2007, 10:56 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
no problem man.... ill let u know if i hear about someione looking for a subie in that range!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:32 AM

Red face

Originally Posted by 06STi
Cut the guy a break. Let him sell his car. Its not really your place to tell people what they can or can not sell. Unless your the FBI (which your not) And there was some broken law. (milage) Chill out. Your a sales guy and that all you are. You know about sales... Not autobody and no one asked you anyways. Some people dont care out there anyways.
I believe you missed the point, I suggest you read the thread again. This is my 1st (and would have been my last) post:

Marked title = 50% Kelley Blue Book Value

Done ~ that's all that needed to be said. This was posted for the person who DIDN'T do his homework and might have bought the car and had NO idea when it came time for HIM to sell it he would be facing a major 'bump in the road'. I made no comment about the asking price, or the fact that the ad did not say 'salvaged title' anywhere in it.

Read the next post from the buyer and then his third post. He went on the attack and I responded. In fact, I received a PM with an apology from him and I accepted. Had I not been attacked, I would have gone away with that short original post.

He has the right to sell anything he wants in any fashion he wants. But, I also have the right to throw a 'red flag' out for members of this board if the guy is not forthcoming.

And finally, I got through college working in a body shop that specialized in high end european restorations ~ so please don't 'lord' over me...

Last edited by NW OBS; 11-19-2007 at 04:37 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
BLUEJ20, stg2lgcy00, xxr831
Hi Rene