Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Woud you believe me? Ferrari Station Wagon....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 09:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I think station wagons were looked at more as family cars back in the 70's and such. 80s too I guess, but that was before the whole SUV craze. It used to be that families got the wagon, but now it's the SUV so they can go offroad and do 80 in the snow over the summit. They can see over every other car, they are true kings of the freeway!!!!!

Too bad they suck.

Now, I see very few wagons on the road and they're usually driven by middle aged white guys who use the wagon to haul their bike/ski/recreation gear all over the place. There's some younger people who use them for the same reason. I sorta wish I'd gotten the WRX wagon, and if they make an STi wagon I'm buying that in a heartbeat.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by thebankman
ferrari has always been about the almighty dollar, not a suprise they would make a big passenger car for an ultra rich oil tycoon.
Ferrari didn't do it, Pininfarina did. But your right, if you've got the money you can have whatever you want.

BTW, I would take a wagon over an SUV any day. It's a lot easier to make a car sporty than it is a truck.

Last edited by mule2k; 07-07-2004 at 10:46 PM.