Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Why so much hate for the SRT-4?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 02:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Aspen White Subaru STI
I agree most of the SRT 4 drivers think they have the fastest car on the road. I have no problem with the car itself, I wouldn't own one, but it's the people that drive them that give the car such a bad name. Everytime I come across one on the road they definately make it clear that they have a bov.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:08 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX 4EAT (VF34'd and FMIC'd)----sold :(
Originally Posted by SuzWRX
Everytime I come across one on the road they definately make it clear that they have a bov.

hahahaha
+1
Old 12-10-2006, 09:08 PM

Car Info: Sti hatch
i met one that said his could take an 02 Z06 corvette and got sh*t on 40-160 and got off the freeway because he was talking so much crap n got proved wrong i drive a mustang and a wrx wagon but they are two totally different cars not even in comparison to one another. (contradicting) my suby is a much more stirdy and comfordable car, but my mustang is faster and more torqier, especially at low rpm's but the suby is more reliable but thr mustang is fast and handles a little better. all in all i wouldnt trade either of em for anything else...accept an sti and a cobra lol.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:59 AM

Car Info: sc300
every single str-4 owner ive talked ot driven close to was an asshat.. they are 'teh fastaaahhrr' or something?

maybe its a car for ppl with small member AND small wallet i dunno
Old 05-03-2008, 08:11 PM

Car Info: 2007 Subaru WRX STi AWD
yeah i raced a black srt-4 that kept driving by my house busting his bov every 5 minutes and he blew his crap engine out lol. happiest day of my week. didnt see him for awhile
Old 05-03-2008, 08:20 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
2, the guy at Gadsby's music in Salinas has one and one time I parked my car infront of the store and he was standing there looking at and talking to another worker about how awesome the cars were.

as for most srt-4 drivers, or well, most drivers, and cocky *******s that constantly try to start **** an think they are god's gift to earth, well, no one really likes them. Its not just srt-4 drivers, they just seem to have taken the torch of cockiness from mustang drivers
i am on a mustang forum and that is all they think.. is that their **** is the best **** ever and that no one can touch it... hahahaha.. lol... well let me convert my wrx to RWD and then we will see who pulls harder lol... and they complain saying that AWD sucks because it the *****s way of launching and there is no talent involved in launching one lol... well all i have to say about mustang owners and SRT-4 owners is that they think their **** is so badass... i want to see them do as many things as we do with their cars... Subaru-Track, AutoX, Rally, RallyX, Drag. SRT-4/Mustang-Track(maybe), Drag. so... i would take a 10year old suabru over a mustang/srt-4 any day.. plus i dont want to deal with the people involved in the "scene" i am very happy that i own a WRX!
Old 05-03-2008, 08:23 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
Originally Posted by apexwagon
i met one that said his could take an 02 Z06 corvette and got sh*t on 40-160 and got off the freeway because he was talking so much crap n got proved wrong i drive a mustang and a wrx wagon but they are two totally different cars not even in comparison to one another. (contradicting) my suby is a much more stirdy and comfordable car, but my mustang is faster and more torqier, especially at low rpm's but the suby is more reliable but thr mustang is fast and handles a little better. all in all i wouldnt trade either of em for anything else...accept an sti and a cobra lol.
really?? what year mustang/engine..

i drive my buddies 94 GT 5.0L... no power/handling is so bad i would rather drive a truck.... thats just my opinion tho.. and he has a complete shock and spring setup...
Old 05-03-2008, 09:39 PM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
its not the car, its the douche-bags that drive them. I ALWAYS get revved on..and its always a fat high school kid with his gay friend in the passenger seat w/ crooked hat and hoody. Kinda like that story where the fat kid stole the dudes skyline than got owned by the good folks on the forums. Imagine that kid, but in a SRT 4
Old 05-04-2008, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by wrxisthebest
i am on a mustang forum and that is all they think.. is that their **** is the best **** ever and that no one can touch it... hahahaha.. lol... well let me convert my wrx to RWD and then we will see who pulls harder lol... and they complain saying that AWD sucks because it the *****s way of launching and there is no talent involved in launching one lol... well all i have to say about mustang owners and SRT-4 owners is that they think their **** is so badass... i want to see them do as many things as we do with their cars... Subaru-Track, AutoX, Rally, RallyX, Drag. SRT-4/Mustang-Track(maybe), Drag. so... i would take a 10year old suabru over a mustang/srt-4 any day.. plus i dont want to deal with the people involved in the "scene" i am very happy that i own a WRX!

Yeah cause only mustang and srt-4 owners do that.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:43 AM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
lol damn old thread come back to life.

but anyway. is really the SRT drivers that made it that way. all those srt4 is RICE out. i HATE IT.

for example, my girlfriend went hang out with her friends and told me that a guy drives a car with the vroompssh, and chrome wheels. i ask what car is it, she said its a SRT. she goes he drives fast and stuff. im like omg dumb *** driver.

there are rice wrx out there, but there are WAY too many rice out neons. they think they are the SHI*, because they have a turbo and vroompshh.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:27 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
This is what I have to say about them...

1. When whey were new you COULD not get one for under 20k
2.it's still a Neon lol
3. it's FWD
4. Everyone that drives them thinks it is the world, but it's not lol

I am not full of hate though! some good things about the car.

1. The engines are good and can react to mods very well\
2. they car be insane on th freeway and put crazy hard over 120mph

thats it, and I still don't like the car lol
Old 05-06-2008, 02:31 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
These days I see more STR-4s on used car lots than on the road.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 05 cgm imp
i like the look of few srt-4 customer that i check in, it goes

me: here for a alarm install?
me: so, what car is it?
customer: 03 dodge srt-4 red
me: 03 dodge neon, red, ok.
*then i look at the customer with a smile*
Old 05-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by jinorazi
i like the look of few srt-4 customer that i check in, it goes

me: here for a alarm install?
me: so, what car is it?
customer: 03 dodge srt-4 red
me: 03 dodge neon, red, ok.
*then i look at the customer with a smile*
not even just a smile.. a huge grin! lol
Old 05-06-2008, 03:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
I like the fact that you can put a small amount of money and time and have a really fast car, in a straight line.
Most of the drivers I have seen with an SRT-4 always rev at me or try to race me and that to me is stupid unless its at the track.

there are a few drivers out there that are cool and understand the car scene, not just the neon/srt-4 scene, but the majority of the other drivers ruin it.

Quick Reply: Why so much hate for the SRT-4?