Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Volkswagen R32 Golf

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 12:49 AM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
hey

the r32 is indeed a nice ride. but more of an enthusiast car than a true performance car. the best ive seen so far in europe is a 6.2 0-62mph (or 0-100kmh). it is really not in the same league as the wrx, especially the EVO.

it is a VERY nice car, and neither the wrx or EVO could touch that interior. if it was a bit more "raw" i would consider it.

josh
Old 03-16-2003, 09:30 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX WRB
4motion awd is definitely not made for performance. It keeps most of the power going to the front wheels and only transfers to the rear when the fronts start to slip, like the Audi TT. I don't know the details on the car, but I would assume it to be pretty nose-heavy with a 3.2 in that little shoebox. But it still sounds like the best car VW has ever sold in the U.S.
Old 03-16-2003, 01:17 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
hey EEnjai

according to the vortex guys, the car is going to be closer to 32k. ouch. that is expensive.

i agree that is will bring volks into the forefront a bit more, but they are apparently bringing very few over. less than the EVO or the STi. again, it WILL be the best VW to hit our shores, but it will mainly be for those who are VW die hards.

josh
Old 03-20-2003, 01:41 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
From what I've read, it is going to be very difficult to get your hands on one of the R32. Due to the small volume of vehicles VW is exporting, expect to pay a hefty premium.

Super dope ride, though.

Quick Reply: Volkswagen R32 Golf