Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Types of cars faster then WRX

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 04:57 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Originally posted by drmosh
The question should be: What cars can beat the WRX on a windy road for less than 40k??

Not many... my friend has a stock WRX eating Cobras up for lunch on mountain roads.

The only car I would truly fear is a Evo 8.
Stock for stock, I think an Integra Type R or MINI Cooper S would be a pretty good match on a mountain road...
Old 03-19-2003, 10:30 PM

Car Info: Viper ACR & H1
I own a 03 Sedan 5spd, and a 1987 Buick Grand National. The GN is a hell of alot faster, but i cant drive it in the winter. A EVO VIII and unfortunatly a Neon SRT-4 would give it a run for its money but I think that the WRX is the best bang for the buck on the market for a new car besides a Viper. Besides who the hell wants to drive a neon? You could buy a 90's Corvette, Camaro or T/A modify it with the left over money and kill a WRX, but gas is expensive too. You could also buy a Mustang, but then you would have to kick your own ***.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:53 PM

LOL!!! SuboobaruWRSEX i needed that after a long work day
Old 03-26-2003, 03:14 PM

Car Info: 2000 RS coupe ej-20 swap
faster than wrx???

Just for the record, my father owns a 2001 ls1 corvette. My good friend has an 02 wrx. On more than one occasion we've lined the two cars up, and the vette has never been able to beat the wrx 0-60. Traction makes a big difference. However, the vette easily pulls even svt cobras from the lights. I'm a car enthusiast, and love american v-8's, but you just can't beat the function of awd.

Quick Reply: Types of cars faster then WRX