Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Subaru STI vs. Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
I've heard of 12.2s on the stock turbo, but 12 flat is a big leap. Especially considering your only big mods ar an FMIC, MBC, Exhaust, and a tune. The intake, pullies, and headers probably don't account for much power.

The VF39 is a relatively small turbo and it's hard to imagine it throwing down a 12sec 1/4 mile with hardly any supporting mods and 93oct. I'm gonna have to find the VF39 compresor chart for this one.
With those mods, his FMIC is probably doing more harm than good.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:11 AM

Car Info: Subaru Wrx STi
yea but you knew what i meant, when i said out of the hole i meant first gear b/c there is know way anyone can straight up pull 8 cars on the launch
Old 10-19-2006, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by DragonSube
yea but you knew what i meant, when i said out of the hole i meant first gear b/c there is know way anyone can straight up pull 8 cars on the launch
Well, you said "8 cars." Nobody made that statement for you. If you don't want to be called out on ridiculous claims like that, you should be more specific. Besides, you wouldn't even get 8 cars on a Kia Sephia, considering the very short 1-2 shift.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:35 AM

Car Info: Subaru Wrx STi
well the guys in the stands siad i was at least 6to8 cars in front of him by the end of my second gear. (spinning was a big factor for him), and i would hope i could pull 8 cars in front of a kia by the end of second gear.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
Why don't you guys take this over to NASIOC where it would be more appropriate?
Because Sinister is BANNED from almost every forum on the internet except i-club.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by RedStage
Because Sinister is BANNED from almost every forum on the internet except i-club.
Do you make a habit of starting sh*t in every thread that I post in? Go away, loser.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by DragonSube
well the guys in the stands siad i was at least 6to8 cars in front of him by the end of my second gear. (spinning was a big factor for him), and i would hope i could pull 8 cars in front of a kia by the end of second gear.
Dude, do you have any clue how large a lead of 8 cars is? That's at least 2.5 schoolbus lengths. From what it sounds like, a Kia could've raped the Camaro off the line. That dude either seriously screwed his launch or just simply doesn't know how to drive.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:55 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Yeah, you don't get taken by 8 (or even 6) car lengths half way down the track, then just make up the distance in the last 1/8 mile. It takes tremendous acceleration to make up that gap when the car ahead of you is already at +85mph (@1/8mile). Playing catch up takes a long time at those speeds.

The Camaro's reaction time couldn't have been a problem because he still got a slower ET than you. The only thing plausible is that the Camaro is a low 11 second car that spun his wheels hard, all through 1st and 2nd gear. Even then, I don't see a 12.00sec stock turbo STI pulling that far ahead of him on 1/8mile length of track.

A timeslip would show all this. We could just look at the 60 foot time, 1/8mile time, 1/8mile mph, and the trap speed to figure it out.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
I make a habit of starting sh*t in every thread that I post in! I'm a loser.
Much better....
Old 10-19-2006, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Yeah, you don't get taken by 8 (or even 6) car lengths half way down the track, then just make up the distance in the last 1/8 mile. It takes tremendous acceleration to make up that gap when the car ahead of you is already at +85mph (@1/8mile). Playing catch up takes a long time at those speeds.

The Camaro's reaction time couldn't have been a problem because he still got a slower ET than you. The only thing plausible is that the Camaro is a low 11 second car that spun his wheels hard, all through 1st and 2nd gear. Even then, I don't see a 12.00sec stock turbo STI pulling that far ahead of him on 1/8mile length of track.

A timeslip would show all this. We could just look at the 60 foot time, 1/8mile time, 1/8mile mph, and the trap speed to figure it out.
I don't think it's in dispute that the Camaro is the faster car, but if he knocked down a 12.0 on a stock turbo, more power to him....
Old 10-19-2006, 06:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
http://www.fastwrx.com/ihivftu.html CAN SUPPORT UP TO 300WHP!!!!

http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subeng.htm ~300WHP!!!!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=977541
particularly this part:
so far the highest whp on dynapack
using utec was 310 whp & 354 ft-lbs @ 19 psi
using ecutek 311 whp & 328 ft-lbs @ 18 psi
both on 93 pump gas..

Three different sites that all show that you can put down 300-310whp with a stock vf39. If you have a good tune and the dyno is set up right you can pull it off. For him to say 8 carlengths, you must remember. Its from a guy in the stands. Maybe he did run a 12 on the setup, maybe not. All I know is there are a bunch of haters on each other in here and it proves nothing. Until the time slip is posted, its to skeptical to tell, and without a video of it no one will ever know how far he pulled and what really happened. We should all just let it go and have a great day.

If you want to shut everyone up about running a 12.0 post a time slip. Otherwise,
Old 10-19-2006, 06:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
Do you make a habit of starting sh*t in every thread that I post in? Go away, loser.
its more like you start **** in almost every thread you post in. Look at all the sites you've been baned from...whats the one thing they all have in common? you were posting

face it, its YOU thats causing the ****. It really isnt that hard to understand.

now, if the kid wants to say he ran a 12 flat on the stock turbo, let him. No one cares whether or not you believe it, no one cares what you have to say or think about it. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU. All you do is start ****. You tried to start **** in my sea foam thread even! If all you're gonna do is start ****, stop posting or dont f-ing ***** about all the drama and fighting. If you dont want a dog to bite you, dont poke it, or dont get mad at it when it bites you. The bottom line is that if what someone says doesnt alter your life in any way....dont just sit there and try to argue. move on.

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 10-19-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:01 PM

Car Info: Jaguar XJR, VW Corrado, 911 Carrera
Here is one proof of evidence that Sinister is a d*ck. It seems like this week he has been much more agitated than usual, Aunt Flow must be in town.
This quote was taken from another thread here on i-club, just click on Sinisters name to see some of his over the top remarks. There are many more to choose from. And I thought he said he doesn't get wound up from internet chat forums. What a crock!

Sinister Subaru-"And your mom's been taking throat-shots from me. She likes it too, but she has to do something about that choking......"
Old 10-19-2006, 07:02 PM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
hey sini, maybe it was a "factory freak" sti...you know, like that "bone stock" sti that ran a 12.9 you so vehemently defended on the other thread? heck, maybe its the same guy with some more mods now...

LMAO!!

Last edited by turfshark; 10-19-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by turfshark
hey sini, maybe it was a "factory freak" sti...you know, like that "bone stock" sti that ran a 12.9 you so vehemently defended on the other thread? heck, maybe its the same guy with some more mods now...

LMAO!!
hahaha, I completely forgot about that....good call

you know he'll avoid that question though. Just like the "I have multiple jobs"/"I would hardly consider consulting 'multiple jobs' " one

Quick Reply: Subaru STI vs. Camaro SS