Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Subaru STI vs. Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 09:05 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
First off, dude, Mistake #1. NEVER make a claim on a Subaru site that a Subaru is slower than something else. You will bring nothing but flames upon yourself. Everyone here knows that Subarus are the fastest cars on the planet, and not only are they the fastest, but there are absolutely NO domestics worthy of comparison to the mighty Subaru.

Camaros suck. WRXs are so much faster, even through the corners. When are you going to learn that a Camaro corning at 0.87g on the lateral skidpad is worse than the WRX's 0.82g?

With an STi/STI his story would be halfway believable that he was making 315 whp on a stock turbo, but he owns a standard WRX. Nothing wrong with that, but his claim is filled with skepticism. The #1 way to tell someone's lying is when they refuse to put up their proof, or post something like, "I don't have to prove myself!" It's real simple. It's the simple excuse for not having proof of their claim.

8 cars ahead of a Camaro and reeled in, all within 1/4 mile? If that's the case, that Camaro sure did get a poor launch, because his WRX wouldn't have stood a snowball's chance in Hell. Within 1320 feet and somebody getting reeled in to within 1/2 car; that car is as good as SMOKED.

One other thing, he said he ran a 12.0 Vs. 12.40. 4 tenths in the 1/4 equates to more than half car. The more I read into his story, the more it wreaks of BS.
Yeah, his story was shakey at best. And sinse I didn't see any turbo upgrade on the mod list, I assumed it was an STI.

But instead of getting so wound up about it, why don't you just say, "I call bull$#@% because, X, Y, and Z"?

And I wanna know how many gs a Camaro pulls on a set of RE92s Also, the skid pad doesn't tell the whole story, you know as well as anyone that the Camaro can't do tight switchbacks as easily as the WRX/STIs.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Yeah, his story was shakey at best. And sinse I didn't see any turbo upgrade on the mod list, I assumed it was an STI.

But instead of getting so wound up about it, why don't you just say, "I call bull$#@% because, X, Y, and Z"?

And I wanna know how many gs a Camaro pulls on a set of RE92s Also, the skid pad doesn't tell the whole story, you know as well as anyone that the Camaro can't do tight switchbacks as easily as the WRX/STIs.
I'm not wound up about it. I simply said he was full of sh*t. He's the one that's wound up, and he should be, considering how he repeatedly makes himself look like more and more of an *** every time he types.

How well does a Camaro run on RE92s? I couldn't tell you, so I'm not even going to begin to make claims that I can't back up with factual information. Buy me a set and I'll let ya know.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:13 PM

First off, dude, Mistake #1. NEVER make a claim on a Subaru site that a Subaru is slower than something else. You will bring nothing but flames upon yourself. Everyone here knows that Subarus are the fastest cars on the planet, and not only are they the fastest, but there are absolutely NO domestics worthy of comparison to the mighty Subaru.

Camaros suck. WRXs are so much faster, even through the corners. When are you going to learn that a Camaro corning at 0.87g on the lateral skidpad is worse than the WRX's 0.82g?

With an STi/STI his story would be halfway believable that he was making 315 whp on a stock turbo, but he owns a standard WRX. Nothing wrong with that, but his claim is filled with skepticism. The #1 way to tell someone's lying is when they refuse to put up their proof, or post something like, "I don't have to prove myself!" It's real simple. It's the simple excuse for not having proof of their claim.

8 cars ahead of a Camaro and reeled in, all within 1/4 mile? If that's the case, that Camaro sure did get a poor launch, because his WRX wouldn't have stood a snowball's chance in Hell. Within 1320 feet and somebody getting reeled in to within 1/2 car; that car is as good as SMOKED.

One other thing, he said he ran a 12.0 Vs. 12.40. 4 tenths in the 1/4 equates to more than half car. The more I read into his story, the more it wreaks of BS.

i thought he said he owned a 04 sti? i mean, the name of the thread is sti vs camaro ss.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:19 PM

Car Info: ur mom crazy
whaaaaaaat?!?!? you hit 12 flat on a stock turbo? UNBELIEVABLE! LOL
Old 10-18-2006, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by bluewrx82
i thought he said he owned a 04 sti? i mean, the name of the thread is sti vs camaro ss.
My bad, he *does* own an STi (or is that bs too...), especially at the ripe age of 17 years old. His next BS story will be about how he has some job that pays him like $20 per hour. He's probably a jobber at the local Block Buster.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:29 PM

I can't, they don't make RE92s that fit any of the 4th gen Camaro Z28/SS.

I think that speaks volumes about that particular tire model
Old 10-18-2006, 10:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX

dude, do you REALLY wanna go there?

He's probably a jobber at the local Block Buster.
or there?

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 10-18-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
I can't, they don't make RE92s that fit any of the 4th gen Camaro Z28/SS.

I think that speaks volumes about that particular tire model
Don't feel bad. The Camaro got stuck with crap-*** Good Year Eagles or something, which are equally as poor.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by MBasile
dude, do you REALLY wanna go there?

or there?
Ah, yes, we've been down that road before, haven't we....You know, the thread that I continuously ignite.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:16 PM

Car Info: Jaguar XJR, VW Corrado, 911 Carrera
I'm not wound up about it. I simply said he was full of sh*t. He's the one that's wound up, and he should be, considering how he repeatedly makes himself look like more and more of an *** every time he types.

How well does a Camaro run on RE92s? I couldn't tell you, so I'm not even going to begin to make claims that I can't back up with factual information. Buy me a set and I'll let ya know.
His story is full of crap but I think you look more like an *** every time you type. You ARE wound up! I have seen you post many times and have held my tongue but there isn't any denying you tend to **** people off continuously on this website, your an annoying keyboard warrior that doesn't know when to shut the hell up. Chill out, who the f*ck cares if he is some kid in Texas is spouting about his 12.00 run at the track with really no mods whatsoever. Like the other guy said, give it rest, call his bluff and that is the end of it.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Ah, yes, we've been down that road before, haven't we....You know, the thread that I continuously ignite.
same tactics, different thread?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by 1sicwrx
His story is full of crap but I think you look more like an *** every time you type. You ARE wound up! I have seen you post many times and have held my tongue but there isn't any denying you tend to **** people off continuously on this website, your an annoying keyboard warrior that doesn't know when to shut the hell up. Chill out, who the f*ck cares if he is some kid in Texas is spouting about his 12.00 run at the track with really no mods whatsoever. Like the other guy said, give it rest, call his bluff and that is the end of it.
A "keyboard warrior?" I haven't heard that one (yet). Yeah, I do **** people off. They shouldn't lie.

I am NOT wound up. I don't get wound up over internet forums. This isn't church (not that I attend church anyway....). It's the internet.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:37 AM

Car Info: Subaru Wrx STi
Yea ok i have minor mods, well sry to prove you wrong once again but i dyno at 315whp and lets see that is about what 80to70 more whp than a stock one. O yea and i ran a 13.2 stock so i mean you can say it is a bluff but i mean it is not unrealistic. Go to www.aps.com and see a 325whp wrx run a 11.66 so i mean 10 whp off isnt that bad. Go to SPG Racing in texas and ask them what a 400whp subaru should run.....they will tell you with a good driver it should run in the 10s
Old 10-19-2006, 08:33 AM

I've heard of 12.2s on the stock turbo, but 12 flat is a big leap. Especially considering your only big mods ar an FMIC, MBC, Exhaust, and a tune. The intake, pullies, and headers probably don't account for much power.

The VF39 is a relatively small turbo and it's hard to imagine it throwing down a 12sec 1/4 mile with hardly any supporting mods and 93oct. I'm gonna have to find the VF39 compresor chart for this one.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by DragonSube
Yea ok i have minor mods, well sry to prove you wrong once again but i dyno at 315whp and lets see that is about what 80to70 more whp than a stock one. O yea and i ran a 13.2 stock so i mean you can say it is a bluff but i mean it is not unrealistic. Go to www.aps.com and see a 325whp wrx run a 11.66 so i mean 10 whp off isnt that bad. Go to SPG Racing in texas and ask them what a 400whp subaru should run.....they will tell you with a good driver it should run in the 10s
Sorry, man, but you've proved nobody wrong, (once again). A 400 whp car that weighs nearly 3500 lbs with driver (assuming you weigh 200 lbs) isn't going to run 10s. Every Camaro with heads/cam would be running in the 10s if that were the case, or very close to 10s. 100 additional whp ain't gonna equate to picking up nearly 3 seconds in the 1/4.

Nobody ever said that your 110 mph trap was poor. It's very respectable, but I have witnessed bone stock LS1 F-bodies trap 106 and 107 mph. With very minor mods, they will easily eclipse your 110 mph trap. Those cars aren't running 12.0, but in your defense, they also don't have an AWD drivetrain.

With some suspension work, a RWD car will launch just as good as an AWD car, as there are PLENTY of RWD cars that pull of 60 ft times like you wouldn't believe, hence the reason that RWD is the best platform for drag racing.

With a good launch, that Camaro would've simply destroyed you, even given his "minor" mods. You said it yourself, he reeled you in from "8 cars."

This is where you accuse me of starting an argument and being a fanboy.....

Quick Reply: Subaru STI vs. Camaro SS