Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Subaru STI vs. Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 06:47 AM

Car Info: Subaru Wrx STi
Yea i was supirsed that i ran a 12.00@110 on the stock turbo, but i have seen a wrx run a 11.66@120 on the stock sti turbo
Old 10-17-2006, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by DragonSube
yea ok like you would know, from what i have seen you post sinister you dont know what you are talking about.
I was just saying b.c i did not remember is time smart ***
o yea and next time i race him i will so you how hard a real subaru driver can pull from a dig.
Yes it is true a camaro can spin from a dig and o yea subaru DON'T
Well then don't post bullsh*t, asswipe. Nobody cares what you think you know, or what you think I know. I surely know more than you do. Now, since you think you have a timeslip, post his 60 ft time and that will tell you if he's making excuses, or he really did get a sh*tty launch. This isn't rocket science, but then again, for you it just may be.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:51 AM

Yea ok since i have his time slip, and all, o yea and last time i checked i think no one cares about you or what you think. Hey but since you know so much about everything, o yea that is right you are still in middle school since you failed the last 12years of your life.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:53 AM

Yea ok since i have his time slip, and all, o yea and last time i checked i think no one cares about you or what you think. Hey but since you know so much about everything, o yea that is right you are still in middle school since you failed the last 12years of your life.
Well, bigmouth, since you have the slip, what are you waiting for? POST IT. Don't sit here and talk sh*t like the rest of your retard friends do. Step up and post the facts.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:28 AM

no thats ok i dont think i need to prove myself to low lifes like you and o yea i didnt talk **** you were b/c you got mad that a 315whp can beat a 360whp camaro ok
Old 10-17-2006, 12:56 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
^^^ Still no reason not to post your timeslip though. You should be proud of a 12.000 considering your mods.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:36 AM

yea i know but i dont have anything to do it with and plus i am on my lab top
Old 10-18-2006, 09:59 AM

no thats ok i dont think i need to prove myself to low lifes like you and o yea i didnt talk **** you were b/c you got mad that a 315whp can beat a 360whp camaro ok
315 whp on a stock turbo? LOL! Tell me another good story! ROFL LMFAO!

Oh yeah, how'bout you do prove yourself. Now your story's even less believable!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:38 AM

ok well since ever one hear knows you are an idot and yes you can make 315 whp on a stock turbo, b.c i made 340whp on 21psi but you own what does the dyno know since you are so much smarter than a machine that is built for cars idk.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:39 AM

lets see alil engine done to the engine such as cams, and heads. I am sure you could put down well over 340whp
Old 10-18-2006, 12:16 PM

ok well since ever one hear knows you are an idot and yes you can make 315 whp on a stock turbo, b.c i made 340whp on 21psi but you own what does the dyno know since you are so much smarter than a machine that is built for cars idk.
Type in English, ya retard. I can't understand a word of what you just wrote.

And what's an "Idot?" It sounds like a department store.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:38 PM

Car Info: Jaguar XJR, VW Corrado, 911 Carrera
BOTH of you are retarded.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:12 PM

Car Info: 2005 impreza rs
I agree with 1sic. Although Dragon had failed to prove anything and his story seems a bit exagerated there is no reason for you (sinister) to take it personal and talk a bunch of sh**. Anyway, from the little bit I know the Camarro should have rocked you. If you were that far ahead and he made up that much ground, it's safe to assume he's faster. I would bet that with a good launch from him you wouldn't have stood a chance. His v8 is pulling a lot more power throughout the powerband than you are, regardless of the peak hp. But, what a car should do and what it does are completly different, if every car with more hp won every race there wouldn't be a sport. Drag racing would be more like; 'how much power do you have? 300hp you? 290hp, dang I guess you win.' Good job on the win.

Last edited by gijow; 10-18-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:52 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Why don't you guys take this over to NASIOC where it would be more appropriate?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by gijow
I agree with 1sic. Although Dragon had failed to prove anything and his story seems a bit exagerated there is no reason for you (sinister) to take it personal and talk a bunch of sh**. Anyway, from the little bit I know the Camarro should have rocked you. If you were that far ahead and he made up that much ground, it's safe to assume he's faster. I would bet that with a good launch from him you wouldn't have stood a chance. His v8 is pulling a lot more power throughout the powerband than you are, regardless of the peak hp. But, what a car should do and what it does are completly different, if every car with more hp won every race there wouldn't be a sport. Drag racing would be more like; 'how much power do you have? 300hp you? 290hp, dang I guess you win.' Good job on the win.
First off, dude, Mistake #1. NEVER make a claim on a Subaru site that a Subaru is slower than something else. You will bring nothing but flames upon yourself. Everyone here knows that Subarus are the fastest cars on the planet, and not only are they the fastest, but there are absolutely NO domestics worthy of comparison to the mighty Subaru.

Camaros suck. WRXs are so much faster, even through the corners. When are you going to learn that a Camaro corning at 0.87g on the lateral skidpad is worse than the WRX's 0.82g?

With an STi/STI his story would be halfway believable that he was making 315 whp on a stock turbo, but he owns a standard WRX. Nothing wrong with that, but his claim is filled with skepticism. The #1 way to tell someone's lying is when they refuse to put up their proof, or post something like, "I don't have to prove myself!" It's real simple. It's the simple excuse for not having proof of their claim.

8 cars ahead of a Camaro and reeled in, all within 1/4 mile? If that's the case, that Camaro sure did get a poor launch, because his WRX wouldn't have stood a snowball's chance in Hell. Within 1320 feet and somebody getting reeled in to within 1/2 car; that car is as good as SMOKED.

One other thing, he said he ran a 12.0 Vs. 12.40. 4 tenths in the 1/4 equates to more than half car. The more I read into his story, the more it wreaks of BS.

Quick Reply: Subaru STI vs. Camaro SS