Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

RSX-S vs WRX

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 07:33 PM

Thumbs up

RSX-S nice car!!!

any mods?
Old 01-02-2003, 08:10 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB
To tell you the truith I don't know which would win from a rolling start. The guy who gets on the gas first would most likely win. I ran a friend of mine with an ITR from a rolling start and we were dead even. We are both very competitive Auto-X drivers so we know our skills are comprable.

Dave
Old 01-02-2003, 09:35 PM

Nice ride Ken Chan

Dave
Old 01-03-2003, 06:47 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX TurboXS Stage 4
I smoked a RSX-S with my stock WRX, I walked in second but I think we were even in third. My stock WRX ran a 14.287 et with a slip clutch launch, not a dump clutch at 5500 rpms, and slipping the clutch lessens the AWD advantage by a lot.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:31 AM

Andersonwrx,

I believe the original question included "from a rolling start". Off the line we definately smoke them. From a rolling start it is even enough it comes down to driver and who got to the gas pedal first.

Dave
Old 01-03-2003, 07:32 AM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX WAGON
I absolutely LOVE that RSX-R. It was a tough decision when I got my WRX since I had it narrowed down to the 2 before I made my decision. Honda makes a great product. No question. I had 2 Accords and they were the best built cars I have ever had. And, I'm about to get a CBR954RR.

However, with that said. I have crushed many an RSX-R. Beat them with little or no trouble. Granted, this was all on the street, and I can't vouch for the guy's driving ability, but I have never lost yet.

I would like to try it more often, but it seems that the RSX has become something of a chick car. It's like "Toyota Celica: The Sequel" or "VW Cabriolet II". What's up with that?
Old 01-03-2003, 11:17 AM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX WAGON
Originally posted by RSX-S
there is no RSX-R in US except for a dozen or so imported ones. U rprobably talking about RSX-S

and I agree about RSX base being a chick car because tahts hwo I mostly see in them, but the Type S which is avabile only in stick drives a lot of them away, which amkes it a much more exclusive car. Only see like 1-2 type S for like 20-30 bases.
Yup. Sorry my man. I stand corrected. I meant the "S". I always F up that last initial even in face to face conversation. Must be a mental block on my part.

I know this dude who has a super sweet white Type S. I see him every so often at the car club in my area. It is very nice, and I don't even like white cars as a rule. I'd feel like I was driving a refrigerator if I owned a white car.

Anyway. He's done some nice tasteful mods, rims, intake, exhaust etc. A really nice car indeed.

I also like the Civic SI. That thing is nice too. Not to mention that I read an article in Sport Compact Car recently that said the RSX-S engine can be installed into the Civic with no sweat. You just have to get the computer codes from Honda before the car will run. Thats to limit the possibilty of illegally obtained engines being used.

Quick Reply: RSX-S vs WRX