Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

New Pics of Saabaru 9-2X

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 12:24 PM

Car Info: Evo 8 and WRX (sold)
saab is a gm piece of s**t? Gm owns subie too...so that would also make it a GM piece of s**t.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Honda S2000
GM owns subie??????

Um johnnysixer i was just on GM's website, Subaru is not listed under the names that they own. Subaru is owned by Fuji Industries i think that's the name in Japan not GM, i might be wrong but go check their website, Subaru is not on there. The only reason Saab is getting like the WRX platform is probably because GM probably made a deal with Subie, to get the platform, same thing like the Pontiac Vibe and the Toyota Matrix, Honda Passport and the Isuzu (or however you spell it) Rodeo.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:08 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Re: GM owns subie??????

Originally posted by esracer
Um johnnysixer i was just on GM's website, Subaru is not listed under the names that they own. Subaru is owned by Fuji Industries i think that's the name in Japan not GM, i might be wrong but go check their website, Subaru is not on there. The only reason Saab is getting like the WRX platform is probably because GM probably made a deal with Subie, to get the platform, same thing like the Pontiac Vibe and the Toyota Matrix, Honda Passport and the Isuzu (or however you spell it) Rodeo.
GM does not own all of SUbaru, but they do own 20% which is why this platform was used for new 9-2X.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:47 PM

I think it looks pretty good. Gotta see it in the flesh like all cars to really decide though.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 WRBlue WRX sedan
Learning about how GM somewhat owns Subaru really depresses me. Anyway, that wagon looks just like the wrx wagon, just with a different front end, and slightly changed rear. The doors look exactly like the wrx! "rip off" as somebody stated, is definitely right.
Old 12-24-2003, 07:23 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Sorry guys...no 6-speed. According to the new saab page about it its only gonna have a 5-speed. Damn
Old 12-24-2003, 11:18 AM

I just don't get all the outrage here. Who frigging cares if Saab rebadges a Sube? I mean, why should that rankle anyone? If anything its good for Subaru. They sell their platform to buyers that may not have considered a Sube product, and then they get to make money off of spares, service items, etc.

Also, for those of you who don't get why Saab is using an already developed platform, its because they are bleeding red ink and have nowhere near the financial capacity to develop an entirely new platform.

Click here, then read the 11th article down

Last edited by The Mirror; 12-24-2003 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:35 AM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX 06 CGM FORESTER XT
At least they could have put the key in the center console like every other Saab, that would have been kinda sweet! As it is this is nothing more than an expensive rebadge kit!!

My 2 Cents!

- Badfish :banana:
and Merry Xmas all!!!

Quick Reply: New Pics of Saabaru 9-2X