Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

New Pics of Saabaru 9-2X

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 11:10 PM

Car Info: Viper ACR & H1
To the untrained eye, they dont look anything alike. Look back at the origional pics on page 1. Dont look at the window lines or the roof line. SAAB buyers are not looking at mid 20,000 subarus. They wont know the difference. Dont know what to say bout' the interior, kinda like it, kinda hate it. Anyhoo if it is WRX I CAN NOT, NOT like it. That double neg dosnt cancel out.

Nick
Old 12-19-2003, 05:52 AM

Car Info: 2010 370z Roadster, 2008 Frontier CrewCab
I don't like GM, but I think the Saab in the pics is great!

Maybe we can get some well-fitting upgrades (trim, etc) for our Subies!
Old 12-19-2003, 06:30 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Originally posted by IndyF1WRX

Saab's are still pieces of GM s**t
I agree with you on the newer models, even this model. GM is *** raping Saab in every way/shape possible. First the new 9-3, which completely goes away from everything Saab is known for (safely, uniqueness, great design) and now this and the new 9-7 SUV which is also way agaist everything saab.

But then again, look at the 9-5, and the old 9-3, both designed by Saab w/o GM. GREAT CARS, espec. the 9-5, and the 9-3 viggen (see my post in car talk or w/e)
Cheers
-Jeff
Old 12-19-2003, 04:28 PM

^^disagree... IMO, it looks much better than the current version (04+) wagons. Still, the thought that GM is selling an AWD saab, that isnt a saab, but really a subaru really urks me
Old 12-19-2003, 06:17 PM

Car Info: E36 m3
Personally I dont like it. But from my understanding it comes with a 6 speed. All this means for the subaru community... good motors with good transmisions in cars that will get crashed by owners who didnt realize that they could have just bought a wrx.

Sure most owners will realize what it is, and want it for what it is instead of a wrx, but there WILL be people dont dont, and my 2.5rs is just begging for an ej20 6 speed :-D
Old 12-20-2003, 12:18 AM

I love GM!!!!!! The only cars in our family thst are NOT GM are the WRX and my mom's Jaugar XKR. I love GM, they created my Buick Grand Naitonal. THE TURBO BUICKS will WHOOP THE **** out out of the *****. I own both, I know. Watch out, and DO NOT call them Monte Carlo's. you are a ****et if you do.

Nick
Old 12-20-2003, 07:36 AM

I agree that many of the older GM cars, and a few of the newer ones are kick ***...I just REALLY do not agree with their buisness practices. THey are distryoying a brand here! There current cars also suck *** for the MOST PART! (not saying all of them are)

So basically I wouldnt have a problem with GM (Our family owns a Suburban) if they changed their buisness practices.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:43 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I think it's gorgeous...I think saab makes good looking cars these days...they handle petty well...and yeah I'd throw those side skirts on my car.

But I hate that people do this with cars...just throw a new face on the same car and charge way more....but it's been working for years for manufacturers so it's not gonna change. The Hummer H2 is a stinking deisel tahoe. Toyota to Lexus....tahoe to caddy...etc....etc.....

It might do saab well cause they'll have a car that doesn't fall apart in 2 years. I'd never buy a saab...least not one that isn't a subaru......they are notorious for having many many problems..including turbo failer. Bad head gaskets. Oil leaks. Bad electrics....etc....they are very pretty junk as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-20-2003, 01:43 PM

Car Info: 04' JBP STi 02' WRB Wagon
I want that center trim piece around the lighter.

"Nice mod to that center console dude, how'd you do it?"
"Ripped it out of a saab"
"!!!"

I wonder if i can graft that front end on the 02' wagon, that would be hilarious, a WRB Saaburu with P1's and S0-3's with a subaru windshield banner, talk about identity crisis! (with the Saab-uru lettering on the trunk, WR-9X^2)

Last edited by Seraph; 12-20-2003 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:07 PM

Car Info: 03' WRB
yeah those delta88s or t-types i meanGnX's were great cars if alls you ever did was drive in a straight line. same with the syclone and typhoon. remember the shelby glh and the glhs... those were ugly but fast..

<))><
Old 12-21-2003, 09:25 PM

I am offended about the GNX comment. I own a Grand National and it isnt ugly and it dosnt look anything like a delta 88. If you got a Grand National confused, it would have been with a Monte Carlo SS. Think of it this way, you pull up in an STi and someone is like nice impreza L.

Nick

Last edited by SuboobaruWRSEX; 12-21-2003 at 09:35 PM.

Quick Reply: New Pics of Saabaru 9-2X