Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

me vs m3 in the wrong forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 07:55 PM

Car Info: black o2 sedan
me vs m3 in the wrong forum

ok.. so my last car was a civic hatch with a stock motor, so i wasnt used to beating anything but tercels.... but now ive got the WRX.... just broke the 1500 mile mark and ive gotten a good 'kill' in the stock wrx:

M3, late 90s bmw m3 with mirror tints and "m3 power" written everywhere was punching the throttle and weaving in and out of traffic on a small 4 lane street..... i followed suit slowly and when traffic cleared i punched it in high second and blew past him and stayed there for the next few blocks while he held back and made alot of noise..... all i ever hear about is how fast m3s are how they can spin the wheels at any time etc etc etc so i really wanted to test this guy.... he was in the lane behind me... but we were still on the small road so i wasnt speeding or anything, just keeping him behind me while obeying all laws.,... anyway

i pull into the next lane and wait for him to pass, as soon as he did, i got right back behind him and prayed that he was gonna get on the highway.... sure enough he did and threw a big downshift onto the ramp showing his exhaust off and makin a ton of noise....... i left it in second on the on-ramp where i would normally be in third.... i was hanging around 4500 rpm i think

as we got on the highway he tried to take off but i was right on him and had to hold back so i didnt hit his rear bumper.... i totally expected him to take off like a bat out of hell but he couldnt..... and then....................... he tried to shift and made a horrible sound (mishift or something) and as soon as he got it in gear i was passing him,

he had a girl in the passenger seat which made it better, and his arms where in the air after he got the car back in gear in disgust....!!! ha ha ha i justed pulled and pulled and pulled until finally i closed it down at 80 and he pulled on me, and then i had to get off the highway and go back hom becuase i passed my house just so i could follow and race this m3 with silver mirror tints and "m3 power'' i guess its safe to say that i t wasnt a real m3 too bad i cant tell the diff with the older ones

im just used to driving a civic so the thought of beating a fast car is sick~!

next up is my three friends fast *** hondas:
worked type r
worked b16 in an EG hatch
and a worked b16 in a CRX

those three im gonna wait for until i can launch better... i just had to join in and share a story
Old 01-12-2003, 05:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '03 WRX Sedan
the e36 ///M's were still pretty fast, most pulling off an average stock time of 14.0 give or take a few tenths. but i wouldn't know how they do in a highway battle. but thank god it wasn't the E46 cuz my sister's b/f just got one. it's the paddle shifter version, if ya know what i mean, and it still smokes my stock 03 by a lot.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '03 WRX Sedan
VERY nice Evil. I know what you're talking about with the spoiled kids and their luxury cars. Some cocky kid tried to run my boy's turbo prelude on the Garden Sate Parkway in a stock IS300 and got smoked by at least 5 cars at only 100 MPH then we backed off... Ricer fly-by came in a few seconds of course. But you can't hate on M3's just because you can't afford one. They're priced so high because of luxury and elegance. You have to love that.