Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

kids finally learning to respect cars the deserve respect?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 09:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
kids finally learning to respect cars the deserve respect?

well, maybe not "kids" persay....but here my story

I had time to kill today after getting new tires so I stopped by the local music and parked on the street, right in front of the door. So I go in and start playing my dream $1600, and as I'm sitting there in my own nirvana I see two of the store emplyees (on in his 20's and one older) standing in the doorway point and talking, and I just hear parts of what they are saying like "sekbrtvr racing ewfne sweet ods;vnr car weuor" and whatnot and I'm sitting there thinking "I parked behind a truk, and I know they arent talking about the truck" so I go and look, and they are talking about my bugeye that I just got an STi wing on :-D anyways, so I tell them its my car, and they ask about it, and I knew the younger guy was into street racing and I knew he had a car that he raced, but I fogot what kind, so I asked...and heres the clincher....he response was "SRT-4" that just made my day
Old 09-25-2005, 10:45 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
lol SRT-4 owners are gettin such a bad rep haha. its true though, 90% of the SRT-4 owners i have ever spoken with either want to race or talk about street racing. If an SRT-4 owner gets beaten in a race, on the strip or the street they always say something like, "if i spent the same amount of money as you i would have won blah blah". if they beat you, they never let you hear the end of it. One time i got my *** handed to me by a modded SRT-4, the car was very fast and looked pretty nice. I never made any excuses when i got beat but the first thing he said to me was "how does it feel to get beaten by a neon?"
Old 09-26-2005, 12:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Talking

Originally Posted by Dice
lol SRT-4 owners are gettin such a bad rep haha. its true though, 90% of the SRT-4 owners i have ever spoken with either want to race or talk about street racing. If an SRT-4 owner gets beaten in a race, on the strip or the street they always say something like, "if i spent the same amount of money as you i would have won blah blah". if they beat you, they never let you hear the end of it. One time i got my *** handed to me by a modded SRT-4, the car was very fast and looked pretty nice. I never made any excuses when i got beat but the first thing he said to me was "how does it feel to get beaten by a neon?"
and then you said,"I dunno, how does it feel to own a NEON!!!"
Old 09-26-2005, 01:01 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by case1
and then you said,"I dunno, how does it feel to own a NEON!!!"

OOWWWWWWW SNAPS!!!!! I wish I'd have an oppurtunity to use that but not likely.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:35 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
OOWWWWWWW SNAPS!!!!! I wish I'd have an oppurtunity to use that but not likely.
yeah, yeah, yeah, I thought it was funny at the time I wrote it, but now=not so funny considering he got beat by a neon
Old 09-26-2005, 09:43 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB WRX
I guess I dont cry about getting beat by a neon cause my good friend has a low 12 one. Luckily he is one of the few people who dont give the car a bad name. He's, do I dare say, responsible?
Old 09-28-2005, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

I actually have no problem with the SRT4, other than the fact that it is a neon, I like the fact that it costs around $20k for a turbo 4 with 230hp. They're pretty quick stock, and can be cheaply modified to make them pretty f**cking fast!
Old 09-28-2005, 12:39 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by hockeygod
I guess I dont cry about getting beat by a neon cause my good friend has a low 12 one. Luckily he is one of the few people who dont give the car a bad name. He's, do I dare say, responsible?
*amazement*

Noooooooo................
Old 09-30-2005, 07:03 AM

Car Info: '02 wrx
some kid in a srt4 talked **** to me once... hes lucky he drove away quickly cuz i was about to throw a starbucks chair through his windshield.................. i dont like neons
Old 09-30-2005, 08:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by sLeak
i dont like neons
good thing they arent being made anymore...