Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

I would like to see a NEW Trueno (Corrolla GT-S) hatchback...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 09:40 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Lightbulb I would like to see a NEW Trueno (Corrolla GT-S) hatchback...

You know, Im sick of all the innexpensive FWD cars. I miss all the RWD innexpensive cars from back in the day... I mean, its pretty much a mustang or a miata, and even those have gone up way in price. At least the RS is still around $19,000 with its AWD system and decent power...

With all the Initial-D fascination, i'd like to see a new version of the Trueno (also known as the Corrolla GT-S in the states) with a nice RWD drivetrain with LSD and say the Celica GT-S engine for say $18,000. Two door hatchback version of course, and this time around with a nice independent suspension with multilinks front and rear. And by no way do I mean for it to be based on the current corrolla

Anyone else have a thought on this subject?
Old 04-07-2003, 10:25 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Originally posted by AndyWRX
Yup heard about this too....

Its gonna be a 2.0l 4 Cylinder with 200BHP......

L.S.D and RWD Happy Dayz.......
That pic is pretty much what I imagined too! LOL!

I do hope that it does come out, and make it here to the states for a decent price. And I do hope it stays light weight... I mean, other than the MR-S, its like every car is GAINING weight 100lbs at a time right now
Old 04-24-2003, 10:01 AM

Car Info: MY06 CBA-NCEC True Red
The Altezza idea would be perfect, just reduce the weight and bring back the good old popup headlights. Trueno looks much better than Levin. If they can keep the weight under 2350 lbs it would be awesome.

OR

Dig up the old blueprint of the AE86 and just rebuild it with modern parts like aluminum body panels and better plastics.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:16 AM

Isn’t she a beauty

Old 04-25-2003, 01:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: GF8 ver6
Originally posted by Pray4rain
hate to tell you guys ...that yellow sketch of a future Trueno has been around WAYYY too long.....TY wont do it...its only conceptual eye candy...as for an is300 cpe is possible...
Yup the yellow sketch of future 86 is old... but I still like it.
When Altezza came out, it was supposed to be the modern AE86.
yea it does okay in roadracing but when it comes to drift..
mmm...there is a reason why Apex-i ditched the yellow Altezza and chose FD3S for D1GP.

AE86, Silvia and CRX are the cars that need to come back.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:36 AM

Originally posted by fsfishnchips
oh believe it or not, one of my international friend gave me about 20 "best motoring" video types and one of them features the IS300 in japan so it's called a alteza. and they are comparing it to the 86 as today's 86! of course the IS in japan doesn't have v6 i think it has a revvy inline four so it makes sense but it's not very cheap!
Yes, the Altezza has a 3SGE I4 Beam engine co-built with Toyota and Yamaha. It is a very nice engine. The Altezza was meant to be the replacement of the AE86 however some (DriftKing) disagree and still say the 86 is better.

Quick Reply: I would like to see a NEW Trueno (Corrolla GT-S) hatchback...