Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

How would an STi hold up in Nascar

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 01:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 WRX - 401whp/408wtq
Originally Posted by ultimatesti
i disagree with a statement about jeff gordon being a hick.he's a pretty well rounded guy that can keep up with the best of them.
"Hick" does not imply that he is incapable or unworthy of competing. It simply suggests that his neck is a little well... redder than most of ours. He is a great guy though.

I love him.

I do.

I mean it.

I love hicks too.

Trust me.

Goodbye.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Originally Posted by Turbo86
first off i wanna make clear that i in no way support nascrap.

unfortunately any nascar would own an impreza wrc. nascars go over 190mph around a the track most wrc's go about 160mph tops, then again if we're talking about off-road...well...that's a whole nother story, lol.

Good point.....fk that nascrap....lol
Old 08-30-2005, 09:20 PM

Talking

i think the most interesting would be to have a Nascar guy and a WRC guy switch driver's seats for a day. I wonder who would do better in the other guys shoes?

Ha ha
Old 08-30-2005, 09:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
Originally Posted by drifter dave
i think the most interesting would be to have a Nascar guy and a WRC guy switch driver's seats for a day. I wonder who would do better in the other guys shoes?

Ha ha
Well, the rally driver would lose because he'd fall asleep at the wheel out of boredom; however, this would be followed shortly by the NASCAR driver running off the road and hitting a tree after punching out the codriver for talking while he was racing.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Originally Posted by meilers
Well, the rally driver would lose because he'd fall asleep at the wheel out of boredom; however, this would be followed shortly by the NASCAR driver running off the road and hitting a tree after punching out the codriver for talking while he was racing.
:rotfl: Best post evar :rotfl:
Old 09-05-2005, 05:23 PM

Damn, I think most of the opinoins on this thread are crap. Not only that, but damn narrow minded with respect to culture in general.

I watch, appreciate, and admire damn near every kind of racing under the sun, which is not intended to be a commentary on other peoples prefernces or hobbies, but **** people, variety makes the world go round. Open your minds a little bit and STOP HATING.

Sincerly,

STI Owner, F1 fan, WRC fan, NASCAR fan,SCCA league fan (too many to list), etc...you get the point.

Out
Old 09-05-2005, 07:05 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Blu05Sti
Damn, I think most of the opinoins on this thread are crap. Not only that, but damn narrow minded with respect to culture in general.

I watch, appreciate, and admire damn near every kind of racing under the sun, which is not intended to be a commentary on other peoples prefernces or hobbies, but **** people, variety makes the world go round. Open your minds a little bit and STOP HATING.

Sincerly,

STI Owner, F1 fan, WRC fan, NASCAR fan,SCCA league fan (too many to list), etc...you get the point.

Out

Werd!!!
Old 09-06-2005, 09:32 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
Oh, lighten up. I'm from Ohio (home of the famous MidOhio track, Dayton Speedway etc.); making fun of NASCAR's hick attitude and image is, in effect, making fun of myself. Besides, we did all conclude that a WRC car (or driver) would stand no chance against a NASCAR car/driver. You can't come to a message board focused on AWD automobiles and expect to everyone to be thrilled about oval-track asphalt races; after all, our cars are TERRIBLE at that kind of race.

Certainly one doesn't have to only like one kind of racing; I'm a huge fan of any GT-spec racing as well as WRC and anything with a dirt track. That's not going to stop us from taking potshots at NASCAR -- hell, they deserve the punishment for taking over the entire SPEED channel.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:54 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by Blu05STi
Open your minds a little bit...

I actually think Americans in general are the ones who need to open their minds to auto racing. For some reason, we have ovals all over the damn place. Even the American F-1 stuff is oval...I mean, we have some GTs and the Cali road courses...but compared to everywhere else we go in circles too much.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I wonder if that Suzuki Escudo could compete with a Nascar...uhm car.

Didn't the Escudo run like 800 hp with two V6s?

Well, maybe not for 3-5 hours but maybe 15 minutes

Anyways, I guess if you built a purpose built, tube frame, ground up racer with a STi shell and Subaru motor...you'd still have problems with having it run at 700+ hp for 3-5 hours. Just imagine how bright the turbo would be glowing!
Old 09-06-2005, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by bpang1
I wonder if that Suzuki Escudo could compete with a Nascar...uhm car.

Didn't the Escudo run like 800 hp with two V6s?

Well, maybe not for 3-5 hours but maybe 15 minutes

Anyways, I guess if you built a purpose built, tube frame, ground up racer with a STi shell and Subaru motor...you'd still have problems with having it run at 700+ hp for 3-5 hours. Just imagine how bright the turbo would be glowing!

***problem solved***

600Hp/13000rpm all motor
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Old 09-06-2005, 07:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
^^^Whoa!

Someone throw that in their Impreza!
Old 09-25-2005, 10:54 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
Originally Posted by meilers
Oh, lighten up. I'm from Ohio (home of the famous MidOhio track, Dayton Speedway etc.); making fun of NASCAR's hick attitude and image is, in effect, making fun of myself. Besides, we did all conclude that a WRC car (or driver) would stand no chance against a NASCAR car/driver. You can't come to a message board focused on AWD automobiles and expect to everyone to be thrilled about oval-track asphalt races; after all, our cars are TERRIBLE at that kind of race.

Certainly one doesn't have to only like one kind of racing; I'm a huge fan of any GT-spec racing as well as WRC and anything with a dirt track. That's not going to stop us from taking potshots at NASCAR -- hell, they deserve the punishment for taking over the entire SPEED channel.
Hahahaha, so true about the speed channel!!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:04 AM

Car Info: '04 WRX, '13 STi
You know, I've never really been a fan of NASCAR. In fact, I think it's boring as crap to watch...

But I think its not as boring as many believe. I mean it's no World Rally Championship but racing 230+ mph can get pretty damn exciting. It's not the course that makes the race, it's the people you race against. And when you have 30 something cars racing together going at that stupid speed... It should be fun. But this is under the assumption that I'm the driver
Old 09-27-2005, 12:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
if they had that on tv, instead of reality shows or 20 hour marathons of cops, I'd watch

Quick Reply: How would an STi hold up in Nascar