Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

How to keep d@mn CATS off my car!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 08:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
How to keep d@mn CATS off my car!

Some new neigbors moved in next door, and brought two cats. Now, every morning I wake to evidence that these cats have used my car as a playground, including what seems to be BUTT PRINTS where they slid down my windshield! Even worse, they are tracking through the muddy front yard (neighbors are watering fresh landscaping) and then jumping all over the car -- little kitty prints everywhere.

Anyone else have this problem? I'd like to find a way to solve it in a nonviolent and nonconfrontational manner (i.e. no using cat as a silencer for a handgun -- see Postal 2 for details) but I don't think I'm willing to settle for having my car be a cat jungle jym/litter box for much longer.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:33 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I'm having the same problem...except they're my own cats!
Little ****ers wait until I've washed the car & gone to bed.
They proceed to climb on, dance on, and their little kitty WWE-like wrestle matches on my car.

So, instead of gettin all the boo-boo kitty ****s in a room & shooting one so that the others see that I mean business, I bought a car cover @ WalMart.

Works pretty well & no more kitty prints.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I'd say go with a car cover, if they are still getting up there and if their claws go through the cover, put down a layer of sandpaper, cats hate it. Works on the top of fences too
Old 07-03-2005, 11:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
I'm not a fan of the car cover idea. Car covers can actually harm your paint, especially if it is windy (which it often is here in the desert) and the wind "flaps" your car cover in any way. Not to mention the time and effort it would take to put on/remove the cover!

I was sort of hoping for a more hi-tech solution; right now I think I am going to go with my brother's suggesiton of getting a Super Soaker and just waiting for the cats to show up and blasting them with it (he said vinegar in the water was also a great idea); I was hoping someone had discovered some little magic box that makes a sound cats hate or some powder that makes them stay away... I could sandpaper the top of the wall that is near the car, but technically it is the neighbor's wall
Old 07-03-2005, 11:55 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Mrs. Oaf suggests the vinegar trick:
Place tuna can sized containers with a little bit of vigegar in them around the vehicle.
Also, wait for the cats to get on the car & hit the panic button on the alarm.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by meilers
Some new neigbors moved in next door, and brought two cats. Now, every morning I wake to evidence that these cats have used my car as a playground, including what seems to be BUTT PRINTS where they slid down my windshield! Even worse, they are tracking through the muddy front yard (neighbors are watering fresh landscaping) and then jumping all over the car -- little kitty prints everywhere.

Anyone else have this problem? I'd like to find a way to solve it in a nonviolent and nonconfrontational manner (i.e. no using cat as a silencer for a handgun -- see Postal 2 for details) but I don't think I'm willing to settle for having my car be a cat jungle jym/litter box for much longer.
well i have an internship at my municipal building, and i know the zoning officer. He gets animal coplaints all the time. You should talk to your neightbors about what the cats are doing to the car, and to keep em locked away or something. If they dont do nothing about it then call your towns municipal building. Make a complaint vs your neightbor (but this might tarnish your friendship with your neighbor) and hope that the township can help you out. THis may not be the best but its my $0.02
Old 07-04-2005, 12:33 PM

Car Info: Twin WRX Turbo VR-4
You can get an aftermarket alarm system that has one of those sensor alarms, which senses if something is near it within ~5 feet or whatever and it will start to beep when it's triggered... cats probably wouldn't like that haha
Old 07-04-2005, 04:21 PM

Car Info: 06 STi
put some traps around. drown them, then dump um when garbage day comes around. hey theyre in your garage. its not your animals running loose.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:52 AM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Lmao...Im having the same prob.....
Old 07-05-2005, 10:34 AM

Car Info: GDA
japanese boxwood trees are known to be poisonous to cats.

j/k. well, the tree being poisonous is a fact....i'm not condoning this; i just know b/c i'm into bonsais.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:51 AM

Car Info: 05 STi, 89 GTR
told your neighbor bout their cats... had the same problem before, but after I told them, they locked their cats inside
Old 07-05-2005, 01:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: dangerous with a wrench
ib STIR FRY
Old 07-06-2005, 12:12 PM

Car Info: wrx02
I know my cat hates lemons. Every time I peel fresh lemons, she just stay away from me. I was wondering if you can get some fresh lemons, and spread some juice on the ground around the car. Not on the car since the lemon juice could be bad for paint. Yeah, so get some "fresh" lemons and spread around your car and see if that would deter them from coming near the car. I don't know how long the smell will last though. It's a try though..
Old 07-06-2005, 06:27 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
You can always get one of these:

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=sportka.wmv
Old 07-06-2005, 08:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
^^^OMG

Poor kitty!

Anyways, I say tell the neighbor first and if that doesn't work shoot the little f##kers in the *** or rent a dog.

Quick Reply: How to keep d@mn CATS off my car!