Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Drove an Sti and an Evo VIII.. = )(whew!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 11:22 AM

Car Info: 2011 STi
Drove an Sti and an Evo VIII.. = )(whew!)

wow! I am very happy that i got the chance to drive the both super cars. On my humble opinion is that The Mitsubishi is pretty cool and the driver could drive the full potential of the car easily
(like what i said my opinion). I consider the Evo to be more "tamed" beast.
On the other hand, the Sti has more potential (the "wilder" beast). It seems like the car's power/control is not the problem, but it is on the driver... As long as you know how to use this car right... I think its still the better pick..

**note... this is just my humble opinion...
I feel so lucky to drive this two cars... i still can't get rid of this grin on my face...
Old 09-26-2003, 01:05 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
you are a lucky lucky man
Old 09-26-2003, 01:17 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sedan
Closest I've been to either one of those beasts is as a passenger in someone's Evo. What a ride. You are definitely very lucky to have driven BOTH cars, yapster.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:30 PM

Car Info: 2005 WR blue WRX w/ premium package
Thumbs down

the dealer i went to w/ my friend, they only let him test drive a wrx, not the sti. the salesman say that they don't let people test drive the car. why buy something that you cannot take for a spin. the salesman also said that the salesman themselves can't drive it. they can only move it around on the lot.
Old 09-27-2003, 04:03 PM

Car Info: 2011 STi
lukeko,

i drove them... in a way wer, had "some" fun... and ofcourse... i can't be too agressive.. the owner is right next to me. = ) but the driver of the evo was impress on what his car could do on those turns.... = ) (evo driver= used to own a mustang, and he's happy about getting the lancer)..
Old 09-28-2003, 12:37 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
How do you test drive a ferrari?

you dont, you buy it.

kind of a different situation as the STI doesnt cost 200 large but its pretty common for nice cars that are in high demand to be off limits for drives. They wont even let you sit in a ferrari at the dealership by my house.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:29 PM

Car Info: soon to be sti
In my experience with both cars the EVO is like you said slightly tamer feeling but will inspire confidence quicker then the STi. I drove the two cars within minutes of each other. I liked the EVO quite a bit, but already had my name on an STi. In getting to drive the STi daily it doesnt really inspire confidence as it does have the ability to make you grin and scare the crap out of you.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:08 PM

Car Info: 2002 Black RS
That guy with the new ferrari must have been pretty slick in that delership. I've tried a few times and had no luck with the STI.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:51 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX wagon
I recently drooled over an STI at the dealership where I bought my WRX. NO test drive! I think if I had seen my salesperson and told him I really needed more !!! I might have had a change to try it out. He really showed off the WRX by taking me over some back roads, hills and dales, tight turns, etc. etc., which sold me (although I was pretty well sold already).
Old 10-24-2003, 06:47 AM

Car Info: 04' JBP STi 02' WRB Wagon
Originally posted by flyBY 11
the dealer i went to w/ my friend, they only let him test drive a wrx, not the sti. the salesman say that they don't let people test drive the car. why buy something that you cannot take for a spin. the salesman also said that the salesman themselves can't drive it. they can only move it around on the lot.
I got a WRX on first allocation without a testdrive, then the STi without a test drive fortunately i loved both cars from the moment i got into the seats

Quick Reply: Drove an Sti and an Evo VIII.. = )(whew!)