Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Drifting in an AWD

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 02:12 PM

Car Info: 04 Blue TS
Yes
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...light=drifting

Last edited by copytech; 12-09-2003 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:29 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
yeah, its possible, heck I've done a little in my legacy but its never going to be nearly as dramatic as a RWD car.
Old 12-09-2003, 04:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 WRBlue WRX sedan
How do you start and maintain a drift in an awd car? I've read about clutch kicking and the e-brake drifts. Do those work?
Old 12-10-2003, 10:50 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
wow, thanks for the info. Open areas of flat WET pavement work well for learning as well.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:29 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Just look at my Avatar (yes, that is me driving my car)
Old 12-11-2003, 03:30 PM

Car Info: 99' WRX
i hope the next thing to come from japan is "DONT DRIVE YOUR CAR" i wonder if everyone will do that to. no offense to all the enthusiasts. heck, im one of them but the moment someone does something everyone else has to catch on to it cause its "cool"

Yes i caught on to drifting and started doing it 4 years ago, but all my friends were telling me i was stupid for doing it and they thought it was dumb, isnt that funny because 2-3years later, there telling me hey! on my way home today i did this bas *** drift you should have seen it! and there whole life is about drifting now and becoming the drift master (ok im exagerating a bit.. but sometimes you see things that way.. and no, my friends arent that bad ) but theyre talking about getting into drift competitions and yet in my 4 years ive never joined one ( i guess cause thats just me i dont care for that stuff, i just do it for the fun of it) ..

Anywho, what i see in America is so many ppl catch on to things.. and then just let go cause its not cool. its like that each time. right now drifting is the coolest thing in the u.s. (in just two short years its been commercialized and even your neibhor with the Dodge Caravan is talkin about doing it) but just because the hype got so big so quick this scene is gonna die out quicker then it started or until "DONT DRIVE YOUR CAR" is the next big thing leaving the true enthusiasts in the sport.

Some of you may agree and some of you dont but that's what sets apart other countries such as Japan.. drifting is a national sport there yet it is more underground there then here.. isnt that funny? America comercializes things for profit and not for the sport and dont even think of respect. sure its good to make profit, but shouldnt there be a limit to that. I'm sorry if this didn't have much to do with the thread but i had to get it out of my system

I am not pointing fingers at anyone i am speaking of this in general.

Quick Reply: Drifting in an AWD