Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

dad borrows car - cited for catback (was: dmn im pissed)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 04:15 AM

dmn im pissed

I just got a spankin new espelir catback ...been enjoying it since last friday...then bam i let my dad drive my car to north caorlina and he comes home with a FREAKIN EXHAUST TICKET...omg

thing is he got it in frederick maryland which is like ricerville ...I thought catbacks were LEGAL

I've never gotten a ticket before ...what can i do?? they want it to be fixed within ten days and signed off blah blah

this is so embarrasing cause my uncle ( my pastor) was driving at the time and HE got pulled over...OMG

!#%!@
Old 09-08-2005, 07:09 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by mrrcheekss
I just got a spankin new espelir catback ...been enjoying it since last friday...then bam i let my dad drive my car to north caorlina and he comes home with a FREAKIN EXHAUST TICKET...omg

thing is he got it in frederick maryland which is like ricerville ...I thought catbacks were LEGAL

I've never gotten a ticket before ...what can i do?? they want it to be fixed within ten days and signed off blah blah

this is so embarrasing cause my uncle ( my pastor) was driving at the time and HE got pulled over...OMG

!#%!@

You got an exhaust ticket...................IN MARYLAND!!!!!! WTF is going on around here!!! I guess a Sac-town cop transfered and isn't familiar with no-**** CARB regs.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:35 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german

!#%!@

So wait.. your dad got popp'ed and now your pastor did.
Someone got Jesus angry.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:47 AM

jokes aside...is there anything i can do?

1.Email mackin and see if i can get anything out of them. (street legal, sound etc)

2.Or i can get a friend at the inspection place to sign off and keep the exhuast.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:35 AM

Car Info: 05 LegacyGT,06 Black STI Will be home Soon
Man this is my worse nightmare... I never let anyone borrow my car cause of this reason right here... I always tell them you get the fix it ticket you'll pay for it all and then they agree with me
Old 09-08-2005, 06:45 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
take the damn ticket to court, most of the time the cops dont show up, and its thrown out, you pay nothing . if they do show up your f***ed!!!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 09:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
you can put your stock catback on again and get the car inspected an the ticket signed off
Old 09-09-2005, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by MBasile
you can put your stock catback on again and get the car inspected an the ticket signed off
then put my espelir back on later? ( i worked overtime to get the damn thing) home depot pay sucks =(
Old 09-13-2005, 07:43 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
then put my espelir back on later? ( i worked overtime to get the damn thing) home depot pay sucks =(
Yeah, just swap your stocker back on and show up at the inspection place, pay the fine for inspection, it isn't much, and swap your Espelir back on when you get home. I ran a totally catless custom setup including uppipes and turboback and never even got a funny look. Of course, I live in CO...
Old 09-15-2005, 03:08 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Sedan
that sucks, just remove it until the check it out and then put it back on?
Old 09-20-2005, 04:58 PM

Car Info: 1993 Impreza L EJ20 Turbo FWD
thats what you get for believing in jesus