Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Connected battery wrong (Dodge Dakota truck)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 04:41 PM

Car Info: dodge
Unhappy same thing happen to me HELP!!

hey i need some help the same thing happen to me i put the + to the - and the - to the + and smoke came out the fuse box under the hood put none of the fuses are burned just my radio dont work know more and the truck starts pretty fast but the battery level is 2 low and when i turned my lights on or signal light everthing dims down the level of the battery gets lower and lower and i turned the truck on and disconnected the + and the truck dies they told me thats how u can check if the alternators is working.do u know if i have to change any relays,fuses ,first before buying all the big stuff. i would really appreciate if u can help . thanks michael email me at (daboyz_from_tx@yahoo.com)
Old 09-17-2005, 04:21 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Split off from another Subaru-related thread because it is off-topic.
Relays and fuses won't affect your alternator output. Your charging system is not recharging your vehicle battery. There is nothing wrong with your starting system or engine ignition since you are able to turn over and start the engine and it runs fine other than it is running completely off of the battery.

Consult your vehicle service manual, or a Dodge Dakota message board, or your Dodge/Plymouth dealer to find out if a simple alternator swap will cure the problem. Dodge probably has an integrated charging system regulator built into their ECU but it's been years since I've owned a Dodge vehicle. This board is Subaru-specific.

Good luck fixing your truck.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 09-18-2005, 03:08 AM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Good luck and just like he said check the serv. manual or just take it in to a shop, Im pretty sure they can help you out...