Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Cobras don't have pushrods.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 12:41 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
I really like the way the H4 sounds and all, but that 32 valve Cobra engine sounds so darn sweet I can't believe Ashcroft hasn't tried to make it illegal yet!lol I would love to hear that every time I left an intersection.
Old 03-21-2003, 01:02 PM

Car Info: 02' White WRX Wagon
Hmm.. I had to chime in..heh I was a 99' Cobra owner aswell, i luved the car.. Sweet sound.....i miss the roar...sigh. Anyhow, the 03' car is actualy quite a nice car, I was lookin into getting one aswell, but decided I should get a car that is a bit more practical,, but with some performance too.

LOL, '03 slobra. LOL. One of my buddies has a 98 LS1 T/A with a Procharger sys. on it and let's just say that he ran against an 03 cobra from a 50 roll giving him 2 cars before he got on it. By the time they reached 100 - 110, he had made up the 2 cars and put 2+ on him. Oh, btw, no replacement for displacement?? I still have to agree with this statment though boost does make up nicely for it. With displacment and boost, you're just ahead of the game
Hmm..was that a vette you were talking about with a procharger kit? It would only make sense assuming the 03' cobra was stock, pop on a procharger kit, and then see how it goes.. Supposedly, if you pop on a lightning pulley on the supercharger, the cobra should be in the 400hp range at the wheels...don't quote me on that...the eaton supercharger it comes with really capps out too quick anyhow, replace it with an autorotor..and youre rip roaring ready to go..heh...one of these days ill buy a toy cobra again. Don't get me wrong vettes are sweet cars and demand respect on the road..they prolly have one of the best pushrod engines on the road...AND yes there is no replacement for displacement..hehe

On that note, I still luv my wrx, and definitly don't regret gettin it, im just itchin to get that stage 2 kit into it..heh.....
Old 03-21-2003, 03:07 PM

Car Info: 02' White WRX Wagon
Very good point, something i neglected to bring up.. heh..at the level that most ppl are at when it comes to driving skills.... the driver will make a huge difference in the outcome. thanks for setting me straight..heheh Still workin on my launch..heh.

Quick Reply: Cobras don't have pushrods.