Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

BMW 330ci or STi (was: questions)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 10:04 PM

Car Info: 08 TL Type-S
I love my sti. To me the only down fall is the gas you only get like 280 miles if you baby the car and you can only fill with 92 which makes expensive. Other than that the ride to you should fell better after driving a slammed car. Power to get up and go is great. But in traffic 6 speed can really get irratating. To me its a funny car to drive.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:28 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX / 06 f150 King Ranch
For the daily driver, I'd go with the 330CI. For the playmobile, I'd go with the STi. The STi would rape a 330 in every way but comfort and build quality. I owned a 5 series BMW, and I'd have to say it handled well but was a heavy pig and sssssslow. I have had 6 Subaru vehichles over the years and they have all been great cars to own. The BMW was more comfortable than all of the Subarus. The STi isn't a daily driver ment for lots and lots of traffic stop go city / commute car. Of course this is my opinion and I own one. I drive a Toyota pickup as my daily driver. The cars are so different, it makes this a super hard question to answere. I'd see if you could drive both and pick the one you like. Or, get a regular WRX. Softer suspension, and better performance 0-60 and wet weather. Plus, it's cheaper than both of the others hands down.

Paul...
Old 03-17-2004, 08:05 AM

Car Info: Blue STi +Red del Sol VTEC
I went from a del sol to the STi and i think the STi is very comfotable especially compared to the sol. I drive my STi everyday and in the snow w/ the stock tires and i think it's just fine as a daily driver.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:38 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX / 06 f150 King Ranch
A Dinan supercharged 330 would be a very very nice and fast car. Put a couple of grand in the suspension and a couple of grand into the wheel and tires. Then you will have a kick butt Beemer. But, is still can't perform in the wet as well. It can't get the hole shot for those stop light to stop light kills. The STi out of the box is an awsome car. Period. You can't do better for the money.

These two cars you chose, couldn't be farther apart in comparison and perfomance. If it was a E46 M3 that you were thinking of getting, well that would be easy. They are what they are. The STi is, for the most part, a street legal race car. When you drive one, you're in hole shot heaven. The Beemer just wont compare from a dead stop. With a supercharger, you will be spinnin and burning for a while. By that time, the STi would be down the street and never looking back. That much is for sure. Top speed is another story. I think the supercharged 330 woud have it in the bag. Too bad you can't rent the cars first to try them out eh.

Paul...
Old 03-18-2004, 10:05 PM

Car Info: 2004 Black/Gold STi
I use mine as a daily driver. I could see how it could get annoying during traffic.

Quick Reply: BMW 330ci or STi (was: questions)