Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

230 hp dogde srt-4 for '04

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 11:39 PM

Car Info: dream car Subaru STi
yes so funny hunh american car using japanese parts. lol

its still american made because the parts are bought then assembled into a full car.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:40 PM

just like most computer parts are produced in taiwan and then assembled into other brands. ever
Old 09-09-2003, 06:12 PM

if im right.. wats with the eyes rolling?? please share ur true thoughts. it good to communicate ideas. dodge is an american car isnt it?
Old 09-13-2003, 12:34 PM

wow very well said doom. i see your point. and i agree with you. also the srt4 comes with something that can read the air temperature and lets the engine know what the air/fuel ratio which will allow the srt4 to boost safely at all times which i think is very kool.

srt4 is a great car, so is the WRX, i like the WRX better t hough b because it has a horizontally oppossed 4 cylinder motor and AWD because at the end, a $5000 worth of modded up srt4 with FWD, its gona be a dangerous ride. u can get new coilovers, but the physics are still the same. but whos gona drive that crazy.. if i had the chance id buy a srt4 on the side of my wrx just because i like the srt4 a lot too, its really neat.
Old 09-14-2003, 01:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
:-) doom ...nice post...the srt4 w/3000$ of mods will beat a rex with 3000$ of mods...in a straight line and ....in the twisties also...as long as its dry...if its wet...thats another story...but anyway the srt4 is a great car...and it'll own the rex in dry weather...stock/stock or equal mods for both...unless the srt4 is built close to its peak potential, which isnt what ive been hearing....but ill still take the rex...it snows here...plus i like the look better and it is more reliable...if i was down in cali or something....id consider the srt4......but the look of it really bothers me
Old 09-14-2003, 01:36 PM

$3000 worth of mods on a WRX can hit high 12's on a 1/4. what about the srt4?? what do you do with $3000 worth of mods on an srt4? im curious since i have no experience or idea about the srt4.
Old 09-14-2003, 01:38 PM
VIP Member

i dont know what u do...but mods for the srt4 are cheaper and make it mucho fast-o according to scc and some other magazine i cant remember
Old 09-14-2003, 03:59 PM

wats wrong with subaru? i got full warranty too and same with any part i buy. its comes with warranty. warranty is warranty.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:36 PM

Car Info: Viper ACR & H1
The fastest SRT on their site is like low 12's with a 75 shot at high psi. If that is what they are doin to tune they will be around for 3 or 4 years. The neon is cheap, sucks in snow, torque steer like a *****, dosnt looks as good as WRX. Now it has a bigger motor, FMIC, no mufflers, and more boost to make 20 hp more than wrx. A WRX with a 2.2 litre, high boost, no mufflers, and front mount would whoop the **** out of an SRT-4. The stock race is gonna be driver vs. driver, with the Dodge advantage. In the long run we will go through a tranny or two, and they will go through a car or two. I want to see how long the head gaskets stay on those cars, 6-7 months. Everything about a Neon is cheap, except the Autometer gauge. If I owned a SRT-4 and out ran an STi that would be cool, but I would have to go home and kick my own *** for buying a NEON!

Nick
Old 10-30-2003, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

the srt4's engine is bulletproof and made for high boost. it has mayn cheap performance upgrades and with a few thousand dollars it will whoop STis in the quarter mile and probably handle just as well, maybe better

Quick Reply: 230 hp dogde srt-4 for '04