Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

2004 Maxima - AWD, V6, & Manual Tran.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 09:20 PM

2004 Maxima - AWD, V6, & Manual Tran.

http://www.freshalloy.com/site/cars/...iew/home.shtml

From Nissan's Press Release:

Muscular Performance and the Looks to Match. The all-new 2004 Nissan

Maxima offers the soul of the Z, wrapped in a muscular, premium sports sedan design. Set to debut on January 5, 2003 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Maxima combines aggressive performance, agile and responsive handling and an innovative interior.

The new Maxima goes on sale next spring as a 2004 model

Our take? The car high resembles the spy photos that were featured on FreshAlloy.com a few months ago. The car carries most of the distinct Nissan cues with a profile similar to the Altima, sharp C-pillar door, wraparound tailights similar to the Murano and 350Z, and flat panoramic rear windshield. The rear spoiler reminds us of BMW's new 7 series.

It's also interesting that Nissan is adopting Mercedes style door grab handles that other manufacturers like Honda and Toyota are now favoring.

We also think Nissan will also be pushing to bring the "sports" back into the "4-door sports car" moniker with all-wheel-drive as an option or possibly a standard feature. We also expect the 3.5L V-6 to make at least 255 bhp mated to a helical limited slip differential and 5 speed automatic transmission or 6 speed manual. And the Maxima finally returns to a true rear independent suspension found in the Altima (and originally adapted from the Skyline GT-R). With AWD and 6 speed manual, the new Maxima moves up the market (leaving the Altima to fight the Camry and Accord). Expected competition includes the Audi A6 and some might dare say BMW's 5 series. And don't forget Chyrsler's upcoming rear wheel drive LH derived (350M?) cars.

Is Nissan taking chances with styling that consumers will embrace? At least Nissan is bringing the flagship status back into it's top of the line sedan. Stay tuned for more details on January 5, 2003 when more details and photos are released.
Old 12-07-2002, 02:37 PM

Thumbs down

what is wrong with the American Nissan engineers, I seriously want to shoot everyone of them, their car are just plain ugly, they should go work for Ford or something..........and why build a car that's not suppose to be that big? like Altima, big to the point and being super ugly.......
Old 12-09-2002, 05:37 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
I don't think it looks that bad. Looks like it will have some room in there at any rate. I buy cars for what they can do, not so much what they look like (hell, I drive a WRX!).
Competition for Subaru means improved transmissions and wheel bearings by my way of thinking...and maybe a manual mated to the H6?
Old 12-18-2002, 07:36 PM

Car Info: 2008 Spark Silver WRX 5-door
Passat Anyone?

They took a Passat and put a really ugly back on it. This is the second car nissan riped off VW