Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

06 STi vs a 97 'vette?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 07:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Lol....what a dumb ***. $14k for a solid used WRX is a better starting place than a $35k stock STi.

Sinister Subaru is my new internet hero. I just love people that start the old 2nd grade name calling crap and then can't realize how stupid they are.

Last edited by RedStage; 07-31-2006 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by 06WRX4ME
Sinister:

how can I be cool like you? Is it hard being that cool?

Oh, and you say you have an STI or is it an STi because if it is the STi, then you my friend also bought a used car. You also say that an STI will beat our little sorry sad WRX. So therefore you said that your car is faster. What you need to say is this.

Got it. There is nothing there. Let it go. Have a prozac or zoloft or smoke a joint or suck a di** or eat some p****. Just dont be a punk poser and let other people do the work for you to talk about.
Uh, I bought my STi BRAND NEW. See, my car wasn't someone else's abandoned project, and if it were, I surely wouldn't be bragging off like it was special, especially considering I wouldn't have thrown ANY time, ANY effort, or ANY money into it. What's he have to brag about? HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! But, that's ok. If it makes him feel special to think and say that he has a "fast" (high 12s/low 13s is fast???) car, so be it.

And to answer your question(s). To be cool like me, keep trying. Practice makes perfect. No pain, no gain.

:banana::banana::banana:

Last edited by Sinister Subaru; 07-31-2006 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by RedStage
Lol....what a dumb ***. $14k for a solid used WRX is a better starting place than a $35k stock STi.

Sinister Subaru is my new internet hero. I just love people that start the old 2nd grade name calling crap and then can't realize how stupid they are.
This idiot talks about calling names, yet right after he calls me a "dumb ***." My, this one sure is smart, isn't he?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, and $3500 for a 1992 5.0L Mustang is a better place to start than a $14,000 WRX. What's your point?

See, it's like this. Nobody cares about WRXs. You pull into a gas station in a WRX and nobody gives a damn. Nobody even gives it a second glance. They get no respect. You pull into a gas station in an STi and it's a treat. People pay attention, they ask questions, they compliment you. They demand respect. See where we're goin' here?

Moving on, genius. You can say what you want about what a great deal a used WRX is, and at the end of the day you still have puny horsepower (227-231 hp- what a treat!), puny brakes, a 5 speed transmission made of glass, a basic AWD system, a basic suspension, crappy wheels, and crappy tires. Just to even match the performance of an STi you'd need to throw a boat-load of money into it. And then you still have to throw even MORE money into it to surpass the performance of a stock STi/STI!

See, it's not a matter of hating WRXs, or having an arrogant attitude about STis Vs. WRXs, but your boy's an idiot. He wants to call STis "pieces of sh*t?" Dude, see the above paragraph? Yeah, that's what I thought. If STis are "pieces of sh*t," then I really don't know what to call a standard WRX, but whatever it is, it ain't as good as a "piece of sh*t."
Old 07-31-2006, 08:10 AM
VIP Member

Problem is...he bought this WRX with the express purpose of a build, a build for a specific goal. For now the 2.0 in there is just a stand in.

And I do believe he was specifically calling YOUR STi a piece of ****.

You're funny, I like reading your posts. To think how much time you waste coming up with these.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:24 AM

Problem is...he bought this WRX with the express purpose of a build, a build for a specific goal. For now the 2.0 in there is just a stand in.

And I do believe he was specifically calling YOUR STi a piece of ****.

You're funny, I like reading your posts. To think how much time you waste coming up with these.
What's even funnier is that I don't spend ANY time coming up with "these."

But, that's ok, he can call my STi a "piece of sh*t." That's fine by me, because at the end of the day I still have an STi and he still has a uh.....standard WRX.

And don't make excuses for your boyfriend. We all know he bought that car because he can't afford a build. That's why he bought one that was already built!

Sooner or later you'll catch on. I'm guessing it'll be later than sooner.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:38 AM
VIP Member

lol...you're still funny.

Not my boyfriend, just because that may be your sexual preference, please don't assume that we all swing on your side of the fence.

Edit: You say "Sooner or later you'll catch on. I'm guessing it'll be later than sooner."

I've already caught on, you're a homo, and you're coming out of the closet on i-club. And that we all have to lower ourselves to your level to get you to understand.

Last edited by RedStage; 07-31-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
This idiot talks about calling names, yet right after he calls me a "dumb ***." My, this one sure is smart, isn't he?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, and $3500 for a 1992 5.0L Mustang is a better place to start than a $14,000 WRX. What's your point?

See, it's like this. Nobody cares about WRXs. You pull into a gas station in a WRX and nobody gives a damn. Nobody even gives it a second glance. They get no respect. You pull into a gas station in an STi and it's a treat. People pay attention, they ask questions, they compliment you. They demand respect. See where we're goin' here?

Moving on, genius. You can say what you want about what a great deal a used WRX is, and at the end of the day you still have puny horsepower (227-231 hp- what a treat!), puny brakes, a 5 speed transmission made of glass, a basic AWD system, a basic suspension, crappy wheels, and crappy tires. Just to even match the performance of an STi you'd need to throw a boat-load of money into it. And then you still have to throw even MORE money into it to surpass the performance of a stock STi/STI!

See, it's not a matter of hating WRXs, or having an arrogant attitude about STis Vs. WRXs, but your boy's an idiot. He wants to call STis "pieces of sh*t?" Dude, see the above paragraph? Yeah, that's what I thought. If STis are "pieces of sh*t," then I really don't know what to call a standard WRX, but whatever it is, it ain't as good as a "piece of sh*t."
I love this one. An STi or STI depending on the year is a WRX. This confuses me because if people dont care about a WRX, and an STi is a WRX, then does that mean no one cares about an STi?

STi's are great cars and the stock huge wing and hood scoop does draw attention. And that 2.5 liter is awesome.
Now how about this. The only difference between my WRX and an STI (on the outside) is the wing on the back, and two little STI badges. I know that the STI has more power and better handling, but you cant see more power or handling at the gas station or at the store.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by 06WRX4ME
I love this one. An STi or STI depending on the year is a WRX. This confuses me because if people dont care about a WRX, and an STi is a WRX, then does that mean no one cares about an STi?

STi's are great cars and the stock huge wing and hood scoop does draw attention. And that 2.5 liter is awesome.
Now how about this. The only difference between my WRX and an STI (on the outside) is the wing on the back, and two little STI badges. I know that the STI has more power and better handling, but you cant see more power or handling at the gas station or at the store.
That's ok. I don't need to. Everybody else notices.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:47 AM

lol...you're still funny.

Not my boyfriend, just because that may be your sexual preference, please don't assume that we all swing on your side of the fence.

Edit: You say "Sooner or later you'll catch on. I'm guessing it'll be later than sooner."

I've already caught on, you're a homo, and you're coming out of the closet on i-club. And that we all have to lower ourselves to your level to get you to understand.
Oh no, the kiddie called me a homo. I think I'm going to melt! Are you going to call me a "poopy head" next?
Old 07-31-2006, 09:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
That's ok. I don't need to. Everybody else notices.

I dont get it. Please explain for me.

From what your saying is that all I need to do is get an 06 STI wing and the two badges that say STI and I will be able to drive up and have everything we have the exact same car. Well, I think that me paying 24000 for my car and 750 for the wing and the badges is much better than paying 33000 for your STI for the exact same look.

What do you think?

Last edited by 06WRX4ME; 07-31-2006 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:51 AM
VIP Member

Oh no, the kiddie called me a homo. I think I'm going to melt! Are you going to call me a "poopy head" next?
If that's what you like to be called.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:53 AM

If that's what you like to be called.
So who's the homo NOW?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

BTW I'm like a whole 3 months younger than you, but you're the one acting like a kid.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
MBasile, I always thought that you were smarter than the rest, but here I am ONCE AGAIN repeating myself. I DIDN'T KNOW THE DAMNED DUDE WITH THE STI! HE WAS AT THE TRACK RUNNING, AND I WALKED UP AND ASKED HIM WHAT HE HAD DONE TO HIS CAR. HE SAID IT WAS BONE STOCK. WHEN I QUESTIONED HIM ABOUT IT HE SAID HIS CAR WAS A FACTORY FREAK. HE EVEN POPPED THE HOOD! HE IS NOT MY FRIEND, NEVER WAS MY FRIEND, AND NEVER WILL BE MY FRIEND.
well in that case you need to gain some logic. That car was not stock, for fun, you should look into whether or not that motor is still around or if it blew the next day.

Ah, so since I bought an STi I have to beat the hell out of it? You're an idiot. People buy Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsches, etc. and they never see the light of day at a track. I bought the car because I liked it, not because I wanted to race it.
I'm not saying you should beat the hell out of it, we're all saying that its made to handle more....its not some crappy american car, it can take a beating.

Wow, he just bought himself a used busted-*** WRX. He bought somebody else's used up *****. He should be proud of himself. He hasn't even done the work himself, yet he thinks he's the hot sh*t. Now that's funny. Who can't go out and buy a fast car?
the funny isht is when someone goes out and buys a fast car and thinks they therefore know everything, and anything they say is true. The respectable isht is buying a fast car after you've already learned everything through years and years of experience modifying, tuning, and racing. Don't let his name fool you.

And WOW, just WOW, it's "stock appearing." That sure is cool, isn't it? Not really, considering I know more than a share of people with Mustangs and Camaros that are running in the 10s and 11s that have "stock appearing" cars too. Maybe seeing a 13 second WRX revs your engine, but I don't give them a second glance. 13 second cars are a dime a dozen. If you've seen one 13 second car, you've seen'em all. I have two of'em and sitting in my driveway. They're nothing special.
ok, two things in here. 1) you just sabotaged your whole argument of factory STi's running 12.9's by talking about "factory looking" rustangs. Thats the whole thing that we were saying that you seemed to take as a personal attack. they only LOOK stock. I'm sorry someone tricked you into thinking a stock STi ran a 12.9.

the other thing, read the god damned post, it isnt his WRX thats running 13s, its the modded STi.

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 07-31-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX

my oh my getting an STi has sure gone to your head. The funny thing is that you brag about it on here where there are a bunch of people with the same, or faster cars than you. Please, don't try to act like a hotshot on here

Quick Reply: 06 STi vs a 97 'vette?