Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

06 STi vs a 97 'vette?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 12:07 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
After having read your diatribe of how magazine testers are "professionals," I felt that much dumber after doing so.

Actually, I wanted to thank you for the waste of the 3 minutes that it took me to type a response to your post.

You keep on reading "Sport Compact Car" and "Modified Mag." I'll get my information from credible sources......like the track.
ooooo, because it was suuuuch a denunciation!!!!!!

haha, get real man, I use the track times i get from right here Sacramento at the dragstrip. Possibly different climate or something from where you're from but from what I've seen, low to mid 13s is the norm for sti's.

and you are nooooo better for trying to bench race your car, take your sti to the track and see what you hit. I hit 13.0 at 105...
Old 07-30-2006, 03:37 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX
WRX409, I've never had my car to the track. While I'm curious as to what it would run, I'm just not a very good manual driver at all, plus I just don't want to risk burning up my AWD. I paid $31,000 for the car, so I really don't want to pay an additional $7000 if/when I blow something up. I figure I'll just hang around on the site until someone with basically the same mods posts there mods after mentioning that they hit the track.

Aside from that, and still hitting the track quite often (to watch), I'm just not really into the drag racing aspect much anymore. I still enjoy watching some American Muscle get down but personally, I've just come to love the twisties much more than driving in a straight line.

Thanks for the compliments, bro.
I totaly agree that is one of the big risks of taking your car to
the track.Parts will brake it's all about having a car.If you can atleast
granny shift you will probably not hurt anything.Don't be worried about
blowing up your engine I would be more worried about destorying your
glass transmission because in stock form are transmissions don't hold up
we'll from what I see.If I paided that much for my car I honestly wouldn't
want to take my STI to the track unless I had the money to replace parts,
engine,transmission, etc. if something broke.I go to my local track about
once a month to check out the local cars and their are only a few Subaru's
their.I mostly see mustangs, Trans Ams,and Corvettes there but, I just go
to the track for fun.My 04 WRX is my daily driver and I can't risk blowing it up either.I take my mustang I have to the track every once in a while.

Last edited by WRX409; 07-30-2006 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by WRX409
I totaly agree that is one of the big risks of taking your car to
the track.Parts will brake it's all about having a car.If you can atleast
granny shift you will probably not hurt anything.Don't be worried about
blowing up your engine I would be more worried about destorying your
glass transmission because in stock form are transmissions don't hold up
we'll from what I see.If I paided that much for my car I honestly wouldn't
want to take my STI to the track unless I had the money to replace parts,
engine,transmission, etc. if something broke.I go to my local track about
once a month to check out the local cars and their are only a few Subaru's
their.I mostly see mustangs, Trans Ams,and Corvettes there but, I just go
to the track for fun.My 04 WRX is my daily driver and I can't risk blowing it up either.I take my mustang I have to the track every once in a while.
see, the thing is, if you're driving your sti (wrx trannies are weak, sti's aren't) the right way...not beating the **** out of it, but driving it the right way, you won't break anything. I've been to the track twice and made approx 15 passes on the car at the track, let alone other extracurricular activities and haven't broken one thing
Old 07-30-2006, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by SubyN00by
ooooo, because it was suuuuch a denunciation!!!!!!

haha, get real man, I use the track times i get from right here Sacramento at the dragstrip. Possibly different climate or something from where you're from but from what I've seen, low to mid 13s is the norm for sti's.

and you are nooooo better for trying to bench race your car, take your sti to the track and see what you hit. I hit 13.0 at 105...
I couldn't care less what my car runs. And I really don't care if it leaves a sour feeling in your mouth that somebody ran faster than your car. Life sucks. Get a helmet.

If you were using track times you wouldn't have even mentioned some idiot magazine "professionals."

And once again, you simply fail to read, just as so many others do, and then they wonder why they're greeted with a smartass comment. It gets quite annoying having to repeat the same thing 20 times over because there is a lack of reading comprehension skills. What aren't you understanding? The guy admitted that his car was a freak and it was not the norm.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:52 PM

I couldn't care less what my car runs. And I really don't care if it leaves a sour feeling in your mouth that somebody ran faster than your car. Life sucks. Get a helmet.

If you were using track times you wouldn't have even mentioned some idiot magazine "professionals."

And once again, you simply fail to read, just as so many others do, and then they wonder why they're greeted with a smartass comment. It gets quite annoying having to repeat the same thing 20 times over because there is a lack of reading comprehension skills. What aren't you understanding? The guy admitted that his car was a freak and it was not the norm.
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

haha, don't get your pannies in a bunch fool. To be honest, my first comment was sarcastic, but I figured I'd play devil's advocate and goof around with you a little. I could care less what people run...****, my friend jumped in my car and ran a 12.9, same night, same setup, I shook his hand and told him what a great driver he was. I was just saying you sound so damned knowledgable about your car...I'm just wondering as to what time you have put down in it. But if you're scared to run your car and see what kind of times you put down, it's aight. :banana:
Old 07-30-2006, 05:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32

I, along with subyn00by, do not get what your saying here.
The drivers in the magazines are professionals. Maybe not the best, but that is there profession.
professional - (adj) Engaging in a given activity as a source of livelihood or as a career (straight from dictionary.com)

maybe you should get some reading comprehension.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by 06WRX4ME
I, along with subyn00by, do not get what your saying here.
The drivers in the magazines are professionals. Maybe not the best, but that is there profession.
professional - (adj) Engaging in a given activity as a source of livelihood or as a career (straight from dictionary.com)

maybe you should get some reading comprehension.
Actually, you and Subyn00by should just get a room and be done with it.

As for your take on "professions," basically by using your skewed way of thinking, you're saying that if someone mowed lawns and got paid $20 for it then they're a "professional."

I'm pretty sure that an accredited driver could drive better than your typical asshat magazine "professional." Hmmm, I'd be willing to bet that someone like say, Boris Said, Ron Fellows, John Force, etc. would do quite the signficant improvement over say uh, Csaba Csera or Yoko Rice-o.

Again, learn to read, retards.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:49 PM

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

haha, don't get your pannies in a bunch fool. To be honest, my first comment was sarcastic, but I figured I'd play devil's advocate and goof around with you a little. I could care less what people run...****, my friend jumped in my car and ran a 12.9, same night, same setup, I shook his hand and told him what a great driver he was. I was just saying you sound so damned knowledgable about your car...I'm just wondering as to what time you have put down in it. But if you're scared to run your car and see what kind of times you put down, it's aight. :banana:
"My friend this, my friend that." The point is that you've never done it, so therefore you're full of sh*t.

So knowledgeable about my car? I never mentioned anything regarding my car.

As for my "pannies" being in a bunch, your girlfriend's wearing them. I'll just pick her wedge for her. :banana:
Old 07-30-2006, 06:39 PM

"My friend this, my friend that." The point is that you've never done it, so therefore you're full of sh*t.

As for my "pannies" being in a bunch, your girlfriend's wearing them. I'll just pick her wedge for her. :banana:
awww, the ****wad got mad cuz he can't drive his own ****en car...

I've been the track, I've done the racing...you have sat in the stands and watched me race. Come back when you actually have something meaninful to say. All other **** aside, you're willing to swing on the nuts of your friends who ran 12.89 and so on, go to the track and shut your "I know everything" mouth.

Old 07-30-2006, 07:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
Sorry, but I dont think the dictionary is scewed.
I know that there are better drivers out there than the ones from the mags, but they are pros.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Aspen White Subaru STI

You really need to go back to Nasioc and leave your bull**** comments there.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:42 PM

awww, the ****wad got mad cuz he can't drive his own ****en car...

I've been the track, I've done the racing...you have sat in the stands and watched me race. Come back when you actually have something meaninful to say. All other **** aside, you're willing to swing on the nuts of your friends who ran 12.89 and so on, go to the track and shut your "I know everything" mouth.

Actually, assbag, he isn't my friend. I didn't even know the guy! LOL!

Looks like I pissed the ****tard off.....Maybe I'll just play "devil's advocate!" Hahahaha!

You'll be alright, loser. Now swing on these nuts, *****.

I mean, WOW, just....WOW! I'm so impressed! You ran your car at the track! You must be an expert! FYI, jackass, I already have a car that I run at the track. But you've just done it all, haven't you? LOL! You're a freakin' retard.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:45 PM

looks like you've run out of ideas huh...that's usually what happens when people resort to name calling...

dood, run your car at the track, and be sure to post up that 14 second time slip for your stock sti.

until then, keep swinging on those nuts and reading your racing magazines...which are apparently better than my racing magazines...
Old 07-30-2006, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by SuzWRX
You really need to go back to Nasioc and leave your bull**** comments there.
Nah, that's ok. I care to stay away from NUTSAC. They're more your mentality. Most of the members here are quite a bit smarter than you douches.

I mean, I'm just enjoying watching you brownie hounds get your panties in a bunch cuz somebody's faster than you are.

It's not my fault you jackasses are pissed off cuz there are stock cars out there faster than your "modded" cars. You idiots think just cuz you have an ECU tune and a turbo-back exhaust that you have a hot rod. Guess what, son. Everyone and their grandmother has those mods done to their STis. You're the jackasses claiming to have these badass cars, not me. 13s ain't sh*t.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:50 PM

haha, since when did I say I'm fast. Seriously...you must have the logic of a 7 year old...

why do you keep resorting to such immaturity as calling people names? My panties in a bunch...when you're the one having to type out whole paragraphs just to say one thing.

Take your sti to the track and post the time slip...the same **** I've been saying for the past few posts now...but you're too scared to see what YOU would run, you'd rather swing off the nuts of all the "professionals" you probably jerk off to.

Quick Reply: 06 STi vs a 97 'vette?