Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

'06 EVO IX MR vs '06 STI

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 01:47 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Another convincing reason to get an EVO IX...

[taken from iveytune.com]
Car came in with Megan downpipe, TurboXS catback, cat delete, Hallman MBC, Turbosmart BOV, Fuel pump upgrade.

Car baselined at 311HP/281TQ as delivered with boost at 21-22psi, 93 octane fuel, I knew it was strong.

made another pull to veryify.

Applied the Iveytune.com Reflash. After adjustments and tailoring of the various ecu parameters to increase safety and power, ended up with:

359 WHeel HP and 348 Ftlb of Torque. (Mustang Dyno)

All I can say is I am shocked that the car made that much with these few mods, on pump fuel with moderate boost. No way is that going to happen with an evo8 as easily.
The evo9 is truly a different breed, the turbo, the mivec, the ecu.

Outragous!!!

Sean
Old 12-22-2005, 08:19 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Those are some pretty crazy numbers. Any reason why they started the pull so late in the RPM band? It almost looks like you'd have more power in lower RPM if the pull was started before ~ 3800 RPM.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:09 AM

Car Info: N/A
Holy crap
Old 12-22-2005, 12:03 PM
ZK

Car Info: 08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10
They were talking about it for a while. The stock Evo 9 with just a ECU reflash was putting out 277 WHP and 297 FTLBS of torque on a Mustang dyno. A lot more than a Evo 8 with a reflash...

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sho...=165455&page=1
Old 12-22-2005, 02:36 PM

how is there no power at all before 3400??
Old 12-23-2005, 01:20 AM
dk

Car Info: 2002 wrb wrx waggie
Originally Posted by ucbsti
lol, seriously. I don't think he's even driven one. Comparing a 06 model evo vs other DSMs is saying the C6 vettes are slow because the C4s were
horse****, fool. the only difference in evo4+ models is the engine is oriented 180deg around, which helps weight distribution *slightly*. not even comparable to the difference in suspension setup and chassis development between c4 and c6.

the evo's still fwd-based, and it's still a 4g63. saying "you have to drive it differently" is a weak attempt at covering up the inherent flaws of the car. but god knows why i have to make these arguments on a site dedicated to subarus... you people SHOULD know this already.

Last edited by dk; 12-23-2005 at 02:42 AM.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:08 AM

Car Info: 05' Evo MR w/E85 - 10' Ralliart Sportback w/E85
Originally Posted by dk
horse****, fool. the only difference in evo4+ models is the engine is oriented 180deg around, which helps weight distribution *slightly*. not even comparable to the difference in suspension setup and chassis development between c4 and c6.

the evo's still fwd-based, and it's still a 4g63. saying "you have to drive it differently" is a weak attempt at covering up the inherent flaws of the car. but god knows why i have to make these arguments on a site dedicated to subarus... you people SHOULD know this already.
There is WAY more difference between the evo 4-6 and the evo 7,8,9 then just the motor. The suspension is totally different, they have ACD (05+), front LSDs, longer and wider wheelbase, stiffer chassis, etc.

Please please please do some homework before you make statements like that. I am NOT trying to start and EVO vs. STi battle here AT ALL. Just stating facts.

Just because it is FWD based doesn't mean it can't be fast, Look at all the fast FWD cars at track events.

Also, none of this means jack unless you are on the track, so when do we get to see you at thunderhill?
Old 12-23-2005, 10:10 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
december 31st, free track day a t-hill.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by SubyN00by
december 31st, free track day a t-hill.
where is the link for this??????
Old 12-23-2005, 10:25 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Originally Posted by lowball
where is the link for this??????
http://www.spoolinmontereybay.com/sm...iewtopic&t=341

here's a link to it on my website, but I'm looking for an official one now...

free for scca members

*EDIT* http://www.thunderhill.com/html/calendar.html december 31st, free scca open track day

Last edited by SubyN00by; 12-23-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:33 AM
dk

Car Info: 2002 wrb wrx waggie
Originally Posted by earlyapex
There is WAY more difference between the evo 4-6 and the evo 7,8,9 then just the motor. The suspension is totally different, they have ACD (05+), front LSDs, longer and wider wheelbase, stiffer chassis, etc.
you're quoting me out of context of the discussion, which was comparing development between the evo and the vette. but i've lost interest in that rathole.

Just because it is FWD based doesn't mean it can't be fast, Look at all the fast FWD cars at track events.
i never said the evo couldn't be fast.

suggestion: review the thread before posting.

wtf. do you people all drive subarus because you can't afford evos?
Old 12-23-2005, 11:18 AM

Car Info: 2008 Red Alert Nissan Titan
we drive subarus because the evo ix was not available when we purchased our cars... While I love my sti, i am definitely envious of the performance out of the mitsu...The evo just *works* from a performance standpoint.

will I be able to keep up with one? Probably, but it will cost (and has costed) more money. If I was comfortable with throwing away the money I've put into my '04 I would trade in for an Evo IX today. But then, there's always going to be a better car out there...might as well wait for the next generation of everything. Maybe subaru will step up to the plate soon and compete with the evo in terms of performance as well as reliability (edit: meaning it has the reliability edge, now work on the other ).
Old 12-23-2005, 11:25 AM

Car Info: 05' Evo MR w/E85 - 10' Ralliart Sportback w/E85
Originally Posted by dk
you're quoting me out of context of the discussion, which was comparing development between the evo and the vette. but i've lost interest in that rathole.

i never said the evo couldn't be fast.

suggestion: review the thread before posting.
There has been almost the same amount of development between an evo 4 and a evo 9 than a c4 and a c6, so I was responding to what your where saying. I also don't understand what 'flaws' you are speaking of with the evo? Or is that going to turn into the same "the interior sucks" discussion?

Originally Posted by dk
I own an EVO, had a WRX before, and 6 Talons and Eclipses before that.

Last edited by earlyapex; 12-23-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:27 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by dk

I drive a Subaru cuz the evo wasn't out when I bought my subaru.

I could afford an evo, but depreciation is a ***** and I didnt want to take a hit on a car that i already owned, then buy another car thats gonna depreciate just as much, which intern would cause me to loose money on 2 cars instead of 1, so I just modded the car I already had.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:17 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
I drive a Subaru cuz the evo wasn't out when I bought my subaru.

I could afford an evo, but depreciation is a ***** and I didnt want to take a hit on a car that i already owned, then buy another car thats gonna depreciate just as much, which intern would cause me to loose money on 2 cars instead of 1, so I just modded the car I already had.

Haha werd2s. But yeah. Big fkn deal. Buy the car you want and enjoy the ride.

Quick Reply: '06 EVO IX MR vs '06 STI