Yup, that just happened =(

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 05:39 PM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
I have receipts for everything (thank you Mach III and Speed Element) and my body shop has handled incidents like this before , so if it's deemed totaled, ill be pushing for everything I can. I'm lucky with the lawyer thing as wifey works for a firm, but hopefully it doesn't come to that. It's just gonna be a long slow process I can see it already
Old 08-01-2012, 05:56 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Shagon Wagon
I have receipts for everything (thank you Mach III and Speed Element) and my body shop has handled incidents like this before , so if it's deemed totaled, ill be pushing for everything I can. I'm lucky with the lawyer thing as wifey works for a firm, but hopefully it doesn't come to that. It's just gonna be a long slow process I can see it already
That's best case scenario so that's good. Good luck man.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:01 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Insurance companies won't give you the full value of the aftermarket parts. They'll review your receipts and then give you the "depreciated value" of the parts, which is usually .50c on the dollar. That's the SOP for most insurance companies.

GL
Old 08-01-2012, 09:53 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
sorry for the bad news. i didnt know you painted it red!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 AM
jic

Car Info: 98 2.5rs/94 rx7/04 mazda6/06 audi s4/12 GT-R
dem volks....
Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Lurk
Insurance companies won't give you the full value of the aftermarket parts. They'll review your receipts and then give you the "depreciated value" of the parts, which is usually .50c on the dollar. That's the SOP for most insurance companies.

GL
They will try but he has plenty ground to stand on with the condition and age of said products. That car hasn't even been together a full year I don't think.

They will ALWAYS shoot low... you shoot high... meet in the middle.

Hell my insurance company has paid MORE than the value of said products before. One time my car was gutted and they came and picked it up at BART. Dropped it off at a top level shop. They not only replaced and fixed everything they gave me a new deck. Mine wasn't that old but a newer model was "coming" out that was a step up. They got that one for me. When I called Clarion to ask how to work a certain function they said... that deck isn't on the market yet... I said... well it's in my car. I ended up being a tester for it. LOL!

So it's possible depending on his insurance company and hers that he could be o.k. considering he has the lawyer option and he has the receipts. Most folks don't.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:38 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
They will try but he has plenty ground to stand on with the condition and age of said products. That car hasn't even been together a full year I don't think.

They will ALWAYS shoot low... you shoot high... meet in the middle.

Hell my insurance company has paid MORE than the value of said products before. One time my car was gutted and they came and picked it up at BART. Dropped it off at a top level shop. They not only replaced and fixed everything they gave me a new deck. Mine wasn't that old but a newer model was "coming" out that was a step up. They got that one for me. When I called Clarion to ask how to work a certain function they said... that deck isn't on the market yet... I said... well it's in my car. I ended up being a tester for it. LOL!

So it's possible depending on his insurance company and hers that he could be o.k. considering he has the lawyer option and he has the receipts. Most folks don't.
Sounds like they took pretty good care of you. Who was your insurance company?

Most people have to fight tooth and nail with them to get them to cover anything. Having a good lawyer on call always helps though.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:35 PM
General Pimpin'

Back then it was Mercury and my insurance agent was awesome. I was with them for a LONG time. Like 10 years or so. My room mate had the same agent and I referred a couple other people to him.

Then one day I was talking to my finance councilor and called him to see if we could get a rate reduction. Turned out they had reduced my insurance coverage to the state minimum and were still charging me out the butt. He yelled at her when she said how much she was paying and said she must ride a skateboard... we had the speakerphone on. I called my folks state farm agent and asked her about it and she said... oh god we'd never let anyone drive with that little... we're talking like 15/30k coverage. Thank god I'm a good driver and don't get in accidents.

I signed up with State Farm and got like 300k in coverage and saved I think $1000 a year or some crap like that. Was obscene what I was paying for my wife and I. (both clean records and no accidents on the record... like $550 a month!)

We pay less now and she has a new car.

But yeah back then they took care of me big time. Not sure what happened.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Lil' Slugger

Car Info: 05 WRB STi Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Ugh sucks so bad. I am sorry. One of the best wagons out there. Best of luck!