Bummer One of my top 5 WRX Wagons.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:55 AM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 2005
This is just too sad
Old 08-01-2012, 07:58 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX
what will this mean for your *******
Old 08-01-2012, 11:03 AM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
Not sure , still waiting on a final verdict from insurance , it's a slower process because they are dealing with the police report. Shaggy is technically not totaled just yet . I really don't know =\
Old 08-01-2012, 11:21 AM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
Wow, that really sucks. I hope the girl gets what is coming to her, dumb texting or drinking and driving.

Hope everything works out in your favor, one of my favorite wagons for sure.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:20 PM

Car Info: 2012 SWP WRX 5dr
I'm glad that you weren't in the car when it happened, and for that matter I hope the other driver wasn't injured as a result of her idiocy and learns her lesson. Hope everything works out with insurance though...
Old 08-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
yes what everyone has been saying is true, they will *try* to just give you the settlement on the book value of the car alone, though they are obligated to pay on the rest of the property that was on the car as well, but you might have to fight a bit. Is it at a body shop yet? I know a couple good body shops that work with show/specialty cars and will write the estimate correctly so you get the right settlement, let me know if you need any help.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:17 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
So was she insured or are you going through your insurance? It is better to go through hers if she was insured, because there is no claim on your side.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by 04GG
So was she insured or are you going through your insurance? It is better to go through hers if she was insured, because there is no claim on your side.
it always goes through the insurance of whos at fault though if she only had minimum liability and hit 3 cars thats def not going to be enough to cover everything so the difference will be covered by your un-insured/under-insured policy on your own insurance.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:26 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by Krinkov
it always goes through the insurance of whos at fault though if she only had minimum liability and hit 3 cars thats def not going to be enough to cover everything so the difference will be covered by your un-insured/under-insured policy on your own insurance.
No, you are not required to go through the other person's insurance. You can make a claim to your own insurance for ANY incident and then have the insurance go after the other person's company, since these things can take time while that company investigates and tries to figure out what to do. IMO, it is still better to keep it off your insurance info though. I know, because I had some guy's insurance company try to mess with me before (USAA) trying to get me to say it was partially my fault which it completely wasn't (dude who hit me was on the phone) and offer me money before I had even found out the bill for damages to the car and before I got the doctor bills. I talked to my insurance and they said they could handle the claim for me. I told the other insurance company that and they offered a settlement instead.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:35 PM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
yes what everyone has been saying is true, they will *try* to just give you the settlement on the book value of the car alone, though they are obligated to pay on the rest of the property that was on the car as well, but you might have to fight a bit. Is it at a body shop yet? I know a couple good body shops that work with show/specialty cars and will write the estimate correctly so you get the right settlement, let me know if you need any help.
when my Mr2 was totalled out by another car rear ending us their insurance only tried giving me the book value of the car even when i showed them receipts for my built motor etc. You will have to fight for a while to obtain the rest of the money.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by 04GG
No, you are not required to go through the other person's insurance. You can make a claim to your own insurance for ANY incident and then have the insurance go after the other person's company, since these things can take time while that company investigates and tries to figure out what to do. IMO, it is still better to keep it off your insurance info though. I know, because I had some guy's insurance company try to mess with me before (USAA) trying to get me to say it was partially my fault which it completely wasn't (dude who hit me was on the phone) and offer me money before I had even found out the bill for damages to the car and before I got the doctor bills. I talked to my insurance and they said they could handle the claim for me. I told the other insurance company that and they offered a settlement instead.
Sorry if I wasnt clear, of course you will call and report the accident to your own insurance company immediately, when I said it "goes through" the at-fault parties insurance I meant they will be the ones who ultimately pay, if your insurance pays any coverage to you while its being resolved it still doesnt count against you and you wont have to pay a deductible as long as you are not at fault, as is the case here.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by aznpride65o
when my Mr2 was totalled out by another car rear ending us their insurance only tried giving me the book value of the car even when i showed them receipts for my built motor etc. You will have to fight for a while to obtain the rest of the money.
yes and sometimes it comes down to getting a lawyer and taking them to court, is that what you finally had to do?
Old 08-01-2012, 04:27 PM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
yes and sometimes it comes down to getting a lawyer and taking them to court, is that what you finally had to do?
I ended up settling for blue book i believe maybe a bit more + the shell and i parted everything out. Still lost money but i didnt have a choice i needed to purchase another car.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:29 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by aznpride65o
Same here. One of my cars I had JUST had a full rebuild of the motor, like within 1k mi. I had receipts so they had to include that because my car had was totaled by some doofus who rear ended me while I was stopped at a light.

Quick Reply: Yup, that just happened =(