Your 2012 Oakland Athletics Baseball Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 01:24 PM

Car Info: 03 Wrx black sedan + 2013 BRZ
Originally Posted by SR20steve
Love how now that the A's are doing good all the 89' leftovers are comng out the woodwork and reppin. Real question...how many games at O.Co have you been to this year? Im a Giants fan, so lets remember that the Giants have straight up OWNAGE on the A's this year. And FWIW I have been to 3 A's games this year as a Giants fan...
I'm a season ticket holder. I went to Japan in March to watch the A's open up the season. I've been to O.Co many many many times.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:24 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
An ESPN sports writer said A's are Story of the Year most didn't think we were gonna win this many games especially trading away a few pitchers . Josh Reddick for MVP !
Old 09-03-2012, 03:01 PM

Car Info: 05 saabaru
ill be at the game wednesday! if ur there lemme know where you are gunna park
Old 09-03-2012, 06:27 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
Boo.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:56 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Can't win 'em all.

Better than the last time they lost where it was something like a 3 hit shutout against the Rays. If the A's have proven anything this year, it's that they aren't afraid to bounce right back.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by SR20steve
Love how now that the A's are doing good all the 89' leftovers are comng out the woodwork and reppin. Real question...how many games at O.Co have you been to this year? Im a Giants fan, so lets remember that the Giants have straight up OWNAGE on the A's this year. And FWIW I have been to 3 A's games this year as a Giants fan...
I feel ya, Steve. Kinda like how 2 yrs ago, I sure did see A LOT of new Giants gear on display by fair-weather fans, bandwagoneers, etc. Happens everywhere... all the time... no matter the sport.

This season, I think I've only been to 4 games w/ 2 of those in the past 3 weeks. Gone are the days when I had a hook-up as well as the time to catch a game or two per homestand.

How many of those 3 games you went to were Battle of the Bay?

Originally Posted by 92xsaabaru
ill be at the game wednesday! if ur there lemme know where you are gunna park
I'll be there, but will likely bart it in. If that changes or me & my peeps decide to tailgate, I'll keep y'all posted.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:47 PM

Ouch, hope McCarthy's ok. If anybody didn't see the game today, he took a hit from a baseball right to the side/back of his head (hitter hit up the middle with the ball going straight at his head). Went down quick and was dazed for a couple minutes. Was also taken out of the game after that.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:34 PM

A's recent statement on McCarthy:

"Brandon McCarthy is conscious and doing well.** Doctors at Summit Hospital want him to stay overnight for further observation.* He will not accompany the team on the charter flight to Seattle tomorrow afternoon."

Sounds like good news, considering. Haven't seen the play, but sounded brutal on the post game talk radio. Hit by the ball and then by the ground.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:23 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...3170--mlb.html

Check out the video for the hit

Only thing the above video doesn't show was that McCarthy's eyes rolled back, and his right arm seemed temporarily paralyzed as he went down and into a fetal position. He laid there about a minute before sitting up and running his hands through his hair. Some commenters say he might have had a small seizure at that point.

Last edited by TurnWRX; 09-05-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:28 PM

McCarthy Update:

A's McCarthy progressing after surgery

A's McCarthy progressing after surgery

“Our first concern is Brandon’s health, and we are heartened to learn he has shown progress in his recovery after surgery,” said Billy Beane, the A’s vice president and general manager. “We are glad to report he is stable, awake and alert. The team will provide further updates as they become available in the coming days. We would ask members of the media to respect the privacy of Brandon and his family during this time. As we travel to Seattle today, Brandon remains in everyone’s thoughts as we wish him a speedy recovery.”
Best wishes to McCarthy and his family.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:05 PM

Skull fracture and internal bleeding in the head. Ouch. Glad he's going to be ok.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:40 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Brain Hemorrhage ftl
Old 09-06-2012, 06:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Thoughts & prayers to Mac & his family.

I was at the game on Wed, and it was extremely tough to witness (and hear) that go down. Yes, even from our seats out by the LF foul pole, we could actually hear the sound of that 2nd instance of contact. So cringe-worthy that it was kinda sickening to see the replay later on in the news.

Here's to a full & complete recovery.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:57 AM

McCarthy is continuing to show progress. He's surviving through every pitcher's worst nightmare I'm sure.

In more lighthearted news, the A's knocked Hernandez out of the game in under 5 innings and stayed on top of the wildcard standings.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:25 PM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
nice bounce back to sweep the the mariners after being swept. anaheim series on deck. hoping for some payback, but the the pitching needs to stays solid.

Last edited by turfshark; 09-09-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Your 2012 Oakland Athletics Baseball Thread