View Poll Results: Which would you take PS3 or Xbox?
Xbox
45.00%
PS3
55.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

XBOX or PS3?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 10:18 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
I personally like the 360's controllers better than the PS3s, but would rather have PS3 for sure.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
I'm 6'4 and have good sized hands and the ps3 controller fits perfect. I've never liked the feeling of the xbox controller. I did prefer the logitech wireless controller for the ps2, but the ps3 controller is a little larger than the old ps2 controller. At least it feels that way.

And whether the online is better on xbox or not, I'd never pay to play online. And then deal with twice as many cheaters and hackers to boot.
That's funny because I was a Logitech wireless controller user with the PS2 as well

I don't game much anyways (less than an hour a week by my estimates) and don't really play online games that much so paying for it would be a complete waste for me. The free PSN is just what the doctor ordered AFAIC.

-Brian
Old 10-31-2011, 11:25 AM

Car Info: 02 PSM Impreza WRX
Go with what most of your friends/family members have because its more fun to play with others that you know.

Me personally I got the ps3 because I didnt want to pay for a monthly subscription when I'm already paying for the internet at home. Also because most of my cousins who plays alot are using the ps3 therefore leaning me towards it.

As for RROD and YLOD, there is no way to avoid either one if its going to happen its going to happen. I already got the YLOD on my ps3 (from playing codmw2 nonstop when I first got it LOLOLOL).

Just do what you think is best for you because people will always have their own opinion about which is better just like EVO vs STi topic.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:38 AM

Car Info: subaru legacy, 01 4eat
Originally Posted by bkblitzed
imo xbox. People will say ps3 cus of blueray and free wifi, but the servers are terrible. Personally i think PS3 is mostly for single player based games and xbox is for multiplayer games
QFT - I used to be a PS\PS2 fan but after realizing where gaming was going (online mmo style) I switched to the xbox fan club.

50$ a yr = 5$ a month and after buying a few games that last 3yrs or more you're paying next to nothing for endless entertainment.

I like the Play station for the single player games, but I couldn't see buying BOTH consoles when there are really only a handful of GOOD console specific games.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
IMO The box baby, two versions of PS and the box is still going strong... Built to last...
Old 10-31-2011, 01:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Red face

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
I have had my 360 since launch back in 2005. In that time it has RRoD'd 4 times.

1st time, it was out of warranty but I still sent it to Microsoft. Paid out the *** and they fixed it. Few months later Microsoft extended the warranty and refunded my money.

2nd time, very out of warranty. One of my close friends had gotten into repairing Xboxes so I sent it his way and he fixed it for me.

3rd time, couple friends helped me diagnose the problem and I fixed it myself.

4th time, same problem as #3. I fixed it again but using a different technique.

It feels really solid now. However I still want to put a bullet through the damn thing. But, as ****ty as this thing has been, I would still go out and get another Xbox. I have played on a PS3, one of my old roommates had a PS3, I have absolutely zero desire to ever own a PS3.
Originally Posted by ipozestu
IMO The box baby, two versions of PS and the box is still going strong... Built to last...
Yup...sounds like they're rock solid

Seriously though, this debate could go on longer than IOS vs. Android. It's all subjective and ultimately up to the individual. I'm sure the OP will be very happy with his PS3.

-Brian