X Games Rally Cross

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRB WRX
Or just hire that douche to ram Loeb's car into the wall, the faust can win easily!

Can't compare apple to oranges, both are drivers but both have completely different backgrounds and skill sets.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:51 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
While I agree with you, if this race allowed more traffic and congestion and more abilities to pass I think Tanner, if his car wasn't damaged would have won. Loeb is not really used to running in traffic, could he adapt, of course. But Tanner is prepared better for that. Loeb is a calculated, precise driver. Tanner is a raw talent that in the right circumstances could do more than Loeb.
Exactly. Fousts career has been down a different path than Loebs.

Comparing Foust and Loeb is only possible because they both drive in rally. But Loeb is a rally driver. Tanner really isn't. I would love to see Loeb try to drift with Foust. And on the road I'd bet on Foust every time.

If Foust had focused on rally I'd venture to guess he'd have the stats loeb has if not more. But it's not his focus. The dude is a celebrity now. He does shows and occasionally races.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:51 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by SubbieMedic
Or just hire that douche to ram Loeb's car into the wall, the faust can win easily!

Can't compare apple to oranges, both are drivers but both have completely different backgrounds and skill sets.
LOL.... I was posting this exact thing but you did it much... simpler. LOL!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:00 PM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
This thread just made me lol...

I highly doubt Foust could play in the wrc and win 8 or more championships if he focused on it. People who were born in the sport and raced from the time they could reach the pedals such as makkinen (has 4 championships) haven't even touched him.

this is somewhat apples to oranges but loebs oranges are much much bigger than tanners apples and much more significant in motorsport.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
LOL.... I was posting this exact thing but you did it much... simpler. LOL!
I'd blame it on the stress of organizing the BAM =P
I'm just sitting here chillin gettin ready for a run up to the mountains, yay!
(except my rallyarmor mudflaps arent in yet, god dammit)
Old 07-02-2012, 06:19 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by bobb126
This thread just made me lol...

I highly doubt Foust could play in the wrc and win 8 or more championships if he focused on it. People who were born in the sport and raced from the time they could reach the pedals such as makkinen (has 4 championships) haven't even touched him.

this is somewhat apples to oranges but loebs oranges are much much bigger than tanners apples and much more significant in motorsport.
WRC drivers are the best in the world as far as I'm concerned but I kind of disagree as far as what I think tanner could do. I think a lot of people hate on him because he's hollywood and can be a bit douchey but I think the dude can drive and would probably come in to his own in WRC if he had gone that route when he was young like Loeb and Makkinen. Those guys were RALLY drivers. That was my point anyways.

Tanner isn't a rally driver. He just does it every now and again and does really well for doing what he does.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by bobb126
Loeb has run in traffic numerous times, notably in Le Mans twice, FFSA GT, and Formula 1/GP2.

I agree he doesn't race in traffic all the time, but I still think that he is just a better racer than Tanner is, period. Tanner does have raw talent, but so does Loeb. If you go on youtube and watch Foust and Loeb racing each other, its clear that Loeb is smoother and quicker, thus pulling out a lead.

I guess I am sick of ESPN not realizing how good Loeb is and focusing their media on Tanner Foust and the other Americans...but hey it's what the public want and are interested in. However the gold medal speaks for itsself.
ESPN doesn't even know Loeb. He is a "rookie" to rallycross and ESPN. They didn't know Marcus gronholm either in his first xgames. But they know him now.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:04 PM

Yeah its hilarious how they keep calling Loeb a rookie... Give me a break.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:12 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by SubbieMedic
Yeah its hilarious how they keep calling Loeb a rookie... Give me a break.
The announcers are friggin idiots. And ESPN doesn't cover WRC so unless it's nascar they don't know what they're talking about.

Still can't figure out why the hell we don't support WRC in the U.S. We have insanely perfect areas to support the sport and the fan base for it. Stupid.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:17 PM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
WRC drivers are the best in the world as far as I'm concerned but I kind of disagree as far as what I think tanner could do. I think a lot of people hate on him because he's hollywood and can be a bit douchey but I think the dude can drive and would probably come in to his own in WRC if he had gone that route when he was young like Loeb and Makkinen. Those guys were RALLY drivers. That was my point anyways.

Tanner isn't a rally driver. He just does it every now and again and does really well for doing what he does.
oh absolutely I agree, had Tanner focused on it at a young age and through his life I'd say he could compete well in the WRC but I still am highly skeptical of how he could match Loeb's pace or string of championships. Loeb is far more than just a rally driver if you look at his history in motorsport.

What bothers me most about this is that Americans as a whole don't see the bigger motorsport picture. The best drivers in the world are predominantly European. When a silly event like x games rally x comes on ESPN and euro drivers show up, it always seems like they are in a different league than the Americans, typically. ESPN has no idea what these guys can do so they downplay newcomers like Loeb, Gronholm, etc. and give way more credit to Block, Foust, and company. Most Americans probably did watch that x games final expecting an American to win, but really I thought Loeb was going to win from the start.

Loeb competes or has competed in:

WRC
Formula 1
GP2
Le Mans
RoC
Porsche Cup
FFSA

Foust has done:

Formula Drift
Rallycross
Stunt Driving
Rally America

So yeah I blame this on terrible American coverage of world wide motorsport. I don't think many people understand how good Loeb or other foreign drivers are. Much of European motorsport is top tier, while much much less would be said of North American motorsport. If people were better educated on this then I think people would see my side of the argument better.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:23 PM

Anyone who knows anything about motorsports knew loeb was gonna stomp this competition, not just because hes the best driver but also because hes got the best team/car.

Luckily for faust hes making way more money doing the hollywood thing so why would he bother with rally? just not a smart business decision.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Yea I posted on my facebook when I saw Loeb in his heat. The same time I posted this thread. I said, there is your winner. I knew Loeb would win cause I know how good he is unlike the announcers.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:16 PM

Car Info: Flared 2007 STI, EQ built and tuned
Originally Posted by onboostsubie
x games los angeles 2012: Rallycross finals - youtube

very disappointed with the event.

Andy scott should have been disqualified for hitting t.p.

The course sucked, too small and tight

all you saw was loeb in front on the tv coverage, didn't see the battles in back

it could be so great, yet they make it so shivy
++1
Old 07-02-2012, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Yea I posted on my facebook when I saw Loeb in his heat. The same time I posted this thread. I said, there is your winner. I knew Loeb would win cause I know how good he is unlike the announcers.
Let's be honest, those announcers could have done 10 minutes of research and it woulda been announced 100% differently.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:34 AM

Car Info: Black 2001 2.5RS
Full Gallery here:

Photos from the 2012 X Games Rallycross competition in Los Angeles, CA. Qualifying and Finals went down on July 1st, 2012. The event underwent several changes throughout the week, first after Toomas Heikkien crashed on the gap jump (came up short). The gap was closed to make a table-top style ramp to ramp jump which essentially eliminated the joker lap option. Marcus Gronholm sustained injuries after hitting a concrete post during practice, he was not able to enter the qualifying rounds. In the end WRC champion Sebastian Loeb ended up in first position by a large margin.
Enjoy the photos!

Quick Reply: X Games Rally Cross