X Games Rally Cross

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 02:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
X Games Rally Cross

Wow, Sebastian Loeb is racing in X Games Rallycross.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:54 PM
VIP Member

And Travis pastrana just got screwed.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 2013 BRZ
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
And Travis pastrana just got screwed.
He got owned! Poor guy, he has had some bad luck all year.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:09 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by onboostsubie
He got owned! Poor guy, he has had some bad luck all year.
Yea, I'm surprised they allowed Scott to run in the LCQ. You could see him brake late, then let off, run into Travis and then brake again. Almost like he was trying to ram him out of the way and then undercut him.

Last edited by bluwrxwgn; 07-01-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
^ yea i kinda felt the same way
Old 07-01-2012, 10:50 PM

Car Info: 2013 BRZ
X Games Los Angeles 2012: RallyCross Finals - YouTube

Very disappointed with the event.

Andy scott should have been disqualified for hitting T.P.

The course sucked, too small and tight

All you saw was Loeb in front on the TV coverage, didn't see the battles in back

It could be so great, yet they make it so shivy
Old 07-01-2012, 11:31 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRB WRX
Pretty boring final race, woulda been better to see ken jump 60 ft on 3wheels.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:50 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Faust is the better driver over Loeb and block, but that car of his just doesn't have the power to keep up. Watching the whole thing the only reason Loeb is getting out there in front is the motor in his car not skill.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:34 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Overbear
Faust is the better driver over Loeb and block, but that car of his just doesn't have the power to keep up. Watching the whole thing the only reason Loeb is getting out there in front is the motor in his car not skill.
That's an arguable point but it would probably go in circles. I argee he's better than Block anyday, but Loeb is questionable. I think it would depend on the situation. Faust's car is fast, there is a reason there was 4 Ford's in the final. He gets a good start as well, but he didn't qualify first. Loeb did.

But the course sucked. Once you had the lead, it was yours and that was that. The only way to pass would be to wait for the car in front to make a mistake or to ram them out of the way. It all hinged on the start and making that first turn cleanly. The really should have done it the way they do the Global Rally cross. You have to take the 'short' cut lap at least once and every other lap goes over the jump. Makes for a little more parity.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:33 PM

Car Info: '06 CGM STI
Why the heck is baseball in the X-games? Or was that just the announcer leading up to upcoming programming?
Old 07-02-2012, 04:50 PM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
You HAVE to be kidding me. Faust a better driver than Loeb? Do you even realize what Loeb has done in his career? He's won every WRC championship since 2004, been on the podium at Le Mans (for all you tarmac people) and has tested Formula 1 cars, GP2 cars, etc. and all his times have been right in mid pack.

There is no supporting evidence that Tanner Foust (although a great driver) is anywhere NEAR the level of Loeb.

Power levels have nothing to do with what happened at the X games. What happened was Loeb, a world class driver, was going up against some famous american drivers. As good as Ken Block and Tanner Foust are, they will never be as talented or as skilled as Loeb on gravel or tarmac.

There's a reason why Loeb is known as the Tarmac King in case any of you don't follow the WRC or any other motorsport he's tested in.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:11 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by bobb126
You HAVE to be kidding me. Faust a better driver than Loeb? Do you even realize what Loeb has done in his career? He's won every WRC championship since 2004, been on the podium at Le Mans (for all you tarmac people) and has tested Formula 1 cars, GP2 cars, etc. and all his times have been right in mid pack.

There is no supporting evidence that Tanner Foust (although a great driver) is anywhere NEAR the level of Loeb.

Power levels have nothing to do with what happened at the X games. What happened was Loeb, a world class driver, was going up against some famous american drivers. As good as Ken Block and Tanner Foust are, they will never be as talented or as skilled as Loeb on gravel or tarmac.

There's a reason why Loeb is known as the Tarmac King in case any of you don't follow the WRC or any other motorsport he's tested in.
And I think your 100% wrong, Foust is on the same level of skill that the late, great Mcrae was. A level that Loeb, while a good driver, will never be. He lacks the raw talent, the core skill that Foust was born with and displays every time he gets behind the wheel of anything.

Power has a lot to do with it, Loeb had 600hp(I think I read 619hp) in his car, Foust's ford 500(504 I believe). Thats over 100hp more right there, couple that with a lighter car (citrone vs ford) and you get that the car, was the ONLY reason Loeb was able to beat the pack to the first turn...and as we have already said, the first turn was the win/loose mark on that track.

Block...well he is great at the hoon, but if he isn't sideways with all 4 wheels going nuts, he isn't really that great a driver, I would say betwene Block and Pastrana, that Pastrana is the better technical driver.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:30 PM

And I think your 100% wrong, Foust is on the same level of skill that the late, great Mcrae was. A level that Loeb, while a good driver, will never be. He lacks the raw talent, the core skill that Foust was born with and displays every time he gets behind the wheel of anything.

Power has a lot to do with it, Loeb had 600hp(I think I read 619hp) in his car, Foust's ford 500(504 I believe). Thats over 100hp more right there, couple that with a lighter car (citrone vs ford) and you get that the car, was the ONLY reason Loeb was able to beat the pack to the first turn...and as we have already said, the first turn was the win/loose mark on that track.

Block...well he is great at the hoon, but if he isn't sideways with all 4 wheels going nuts, he isn't really that great a driver, I would say betwene Block and Pastrana, that Pastrana is the better technical driver.
I think you're being ignorant placing the entire win on a car and not the one operating it...

and I lost you when you started comparing Foust to McRae.

I don't see much in the way of Tanner Foust fame, coverage, awards, records, etc but Loeb is stacked with all of the above.

I am just saying it is foolish to compare drivers and analyze the race the way you did because there is so much more than technical stats between the cars.

we all have opinions so im perfectly fine with you sticking to your guns but facts are facts and records are records...

Loeb 1, Foust 0. Look at the wikipedia entries, Loeb's wins outshine Foust by miles. I honestly don't see any evidence that Foust could touch Loeb, especially after he PROVED it at the stupid x games. Let's let Tanner Foust have a go in the WRC and see how he beats Loeb.

Loeb
Sébastien Loeb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Foust
Tanner Foust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 07-02-2012, 05:35 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bobb126
I think you're being ignorant placing the entire win on a car and not the one operating it...

and I lost you when you started comparing Foust to McRae.

I don't see much in the way of Tanner Foust fame, coverage, awards, records, etc but Loeb is stacked with all of the above.

I am just saying it is foolish to compare drivers and analyze the race the way you did because there is so much more than technical stats between the cars.

we all have opinions so im perfectly fine with you sticking to your guns but facts are facts and records are records...

Loeb 1, Foust 0. Look at the wikipedia entries, Loeb's wins outshine Foust by miles. I honestly don't see any evidence that Foust could touch Loeb, especially after he PROVED it at the stupid x games. Let's let Tanner Foust have a go in the WRC and see how he beats Loeb.

Loeb
Sébastien Loeb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Foust
Tanner Foust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
While I agree with you, if this race allowed more traffic and congestion and more abilities to pass I think Tanner, if his car wasn't damaged would have won. Loeb is not really used to running in traffic, could he adapt, of course. But Tanner is prepared better for that. Loeb is a calculated, precise driver. Tanner is a raw talent that in the right circumstances could do more than Loeb.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
While I agree with you, if this race allowed more traffic and congestion and more abilities to pass I think Tanner, if his car wasn't damaged would have won. Loeb is not really used to running in traffic, could he adapt, of course. But Tanner is prepared better for that. Loeb is a calculated, precise driver. Tanner is a raw talent that in the right circumstances could do more than Loeb.
Loeb has run in traffic numerous times, notably in Le Mans twice, FFSA GT, and Formula 1/GP2.

I agree he doesn't race in traffic all the time, but I still think that he is just a better racer than Tanner is, period. Tanner does have raw talent, but so does Loeb. If you go on youtube and watch Foust and Loeb racing each other, its clear that Loeb is smoother and quicker, thus pulling out a lead.

I guess I am sick of ESPN not realizing how good Loeb is and focusing their media on Tanner Foust and the other Americans...but hey it's what the public want and are interested in. However the gold medal speaks for itsself.

Quick Reply: X Games Rally Cross