Wyotech

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX (RIP) // 2007 STi "OMGASTI"
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
From what I've heard other people post on here, it isn't worth it. It's over rated, over priced, and isn't a stand out feature on a résumé to most employers in the field.

I remember someone saying something to the effect of "Even dealerships don't hire Wyotech grads"
Back when i was at de anza taking auto classes, i was looking into their auto tech program, and supposedly its amazing on a resume around the bay area. If i remember correctly, it was only like a bit higher than $3k a set (like 4 sets, u chose which and how many). Mostly pays for your tools. guy i know at capitol suby went there and is still working
Old 06-04-2009, 07:46 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 08
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
So I am thinking about taking Auto Technology classes at Wyotech, but I have a few Questions for those that have gone through Wyotech.

What did you think of the classes?

How much did it cost?

Was it all worth it?

Any and all thoughts/comments/replies will be greatly appreciated.

-Jourdan

Its like highschool all over again.

I went there for 2 years and got my automotive and service managment diploma which equals to associates degree. If you plan on being a tech for BMW or something they have an awesome step program where you can have a contract with them and start soon as you're done with wyotech & their own 4 month class. If you're not sure and you want to get a job anywhere else I would hands down go to deanza.

Sure Wyotech is big and has alot more tools and cars but also alot more students. Its a little harder to get hands on experiance. Teachers there are awesome, I dont think i had any issues with any one of them. All of them are there for your education and to prepare you out for the real world.

It is super expensive and im about 26k in debt. Luckily I had grants and all that good stuff so i was actually around 20k.

Oh and what I mean by its highschool all over again, as demon said you have alot of retards there who dont know jack **** about cars. If you dont take it seriously its going to be just like highschool. You will see tons of kids wasting their parents money by ditching, goofing off, or being retarded.

Their career services is awesome too. They make your resume and call and apply to jobs for you and get you the interviews. Many students make a mistake and dont take full advantage of the things wyotech offers.

Is it worth 20k? No.

But it was fun and you meet really cool people
Old 06-05-2009, 11:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
my friend went there and went thru the bmw program and has a nice job now fwiw.,