WTF is up with this getting dark early crap?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I'm STILL not used to it! I have half the store cleaned up half an hour early because I thought it was a lot later
Old 11-19-2008, 09:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 2.5RS pacifica blue with black Tarmacs
DST used to be for farmers so they could work with more light blah, blah, blah. Now they use machines with GPS and oh yea lights.

Now DST is for the kiddies going to school in the morning so it's not dark. For the life of me though I can't figure out why they just don't start school one hour later. Oh well
Old 11-20-2008, 08:35 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
At least you can get more use out of your modified lighting system.....or if you have not modified yet, it could be time to
Old 11-20-2008, 08:51 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
i work at night and take over for the 9-5 people...and they always ask me what the weather is like before they leave, as if they haven't been outside all day! lol sad. I really dred working 9-5...ive done 6-2 and thats wayyy better.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:26 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Racenut
haha, dude, daylight savings time is what we get in the summer that makes the day EXTRA long.

Daylight savings and time changes are really all about MORNING time. They shift it an hour in the summer so farmers don't have to get up at 4am.

It's just a nice side effect for the rest of us lazy asses that get daylight till 9PM in the summer.
word. same difference. I hate standard time.

"Everyone appreciates the long, light evenings. Everyone laments their shortage as Autumn approaches; and everyone has given utterance to regret that the clear, bright light of an early morning during Spring and Summer months is so seldom seen or used."

Most of this crap was thought of when electricity wasn't the norm and driving to work and getting home at 7:30 wasn't the norm.

I wish we could stay on daylight savings time as you loose light during the winter anyways.

oh... and the farmers don't need the light anyways and most of them don't get up any later or any earlier regardless of season. I used to hate getting up when it was dark to start feeding the horses and watering the plants. The farmers at my place show up around 7 by the way. haaaaa.

so yeah... I hate it. Means that I don't have ANY day light when I get home and can't do isht outside and sorry but no way and hell am I getting up at 5am to work on my car BEFORE I go to work. That's just weird. But getting home at 7 and smashing away til 9... that makes perfect sense.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:27 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by SubySal
DST used to be for farmers so they could work with more light blah, blah, blah. Now they use machines with GPS and oh yea lights.

Now DST is for the kiddies going to school in the morning so it's not dark. For the life of me though I can't figure out why they just don't start school one hour later. Oh well
word. I see tractors driving around a friggin 2am sometimes.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
hahah true that... I used to hang at Speed Element until they close, but now I leave around 5-6PM... Plus, can't do detail in the dark so I have no excuse for the wife...

Originally Posted by SubieFoo
I like it though! I'll be hanging out and be like "aww its hella late i gotta go" and then I check the time and im like "oh $hit its still hella early" hahahahh