The WRX's Future: a separate model line from the Impreza?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 05:03 PM

Car Info: "Shadow"
^Should be called STiWRX for dyno beast or was that TREX for dino beast, either way it's still da king of beasts-lol. If they stick to their guns and really make it radically modified & shorter length with 1.6L turbo engine (not ****ing supercharged) then viola, instant WRC rally hatchback for the street. They can't fool us with those specs, looks like Subaru's next WRC/pro rally contender which we could possibly buy, albeit in consumer street form. Like i've said before, it would be the only thing i'd be willing to trade into, being that my 06 STi is the best ever model. I'd def be all over this car if it ever comes true, a small, lightweight, powerful, awd turbo street beast-oh yeah, finally Subaru has heard my prayers. I'm getting prematurely excited, but good news nonetheless. That new 2.0L engine is made for good fuel economy & NA, so it can't be highly turbocharged, hence their decision to split the performance line from the reg Imprezas. It's about time, $40k for hopped up Imprezas just don't cut it anymore. Just don't try and make it a ****ing hybrid like the rumored next Evo, that's too gay, heavy, & expensive. Looks like STi is going back on track, literally, cuz they lost their way lately.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
Hmmmm....

1.6L

Same size as a Yaris???

What does that remind you of?

Wishful thinking...maybe, but why else would they drop it to 1.6L randomly?

-Brian
^Uh huh-exactly! I hope so (fingers crossed)!
Old 07-15-2011, 05:08 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by STiWRX06
^Should be called STiWRX for dyno beast or was that TREX for dino beast, either way it's still da king of beasts-lol. If they stick to their guns and really make it radically modified & shorter length with 1.6L turbo engine (not ****ing supercharged) then viola, instant WRC rally hatchback for the street. They can't fool us with those specs, looks like Subaru's next WRC/pro rally contender which we could possibly buy, albeit in consumer street form. Like i've said before, it would be the only thing i'd be willing to trade into, being that my 06 STi is the best ever model. I'd def be all over this car if it ever comes true, a small, lightweight, powerful, awd turbo street beast-oh yeah, finally Subaru has heard my prayers. I'm getting prematurely excited, but good news nonetheless. That new 2.0L engine is made for good fuel economy & NA, so it can't be highly turbocharged, hence their decision to split the performance line from the reg Imprezas. It's about time, $40k for hopped up Imprezas just don't cut it anymore. Just don't try and make it a ****ing hybrid like the rumored next Evo, that's too gay, heavy, & expensive. Looks like STi is going back on track, literally, cuz they lost their way lately.

I really hope you're right.

It would be good for the new Subaru consumer base... safe, economic, family cars.

And it would be good for us... fast, reliable, tunable, AWD mosters.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:11 PM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
If it's for the effort of going back to the main World Rally Champioinship series, I'm fine with what they do, supercharged or turbocharged. An FB16 or 1.6L Subaru BOXER engine doesn't bother me.

Just please DON'T give the WRX/WRX STI 2 pedals only. Subaru should stick (no pun intended) to keeping the WRX and WRX STI available only in a manual transmission.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:14 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by AWDfreak
If it's for the effort of going back to the main World Rally Champioinship series, I'm fine with what they do, supercharged or turbocharged. An FB16 or 1.6L Subaru BOXER engine doesn't bother me.

Just please DON'T give the WRX/WRX STI 2 pedals only. Subaru should stick (no pun intended) to keeping the WRX and WRX STI available only in a manual transmission.
werd... coming out with a 2 pedal only Forester XT was STUPID.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:17 PM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
werd... coming out with a 2 pedal only Forester XT was STUPID.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

THIS!!! Yeah that.

Seriously Subaru, you KNOW there's a community of Subaru enthusiasts that desire a turbocharged Forester with a manual transmission!

When I emailed Subaru of America about it, they said sales were not high enough. Maybe if they offered it again, they could conclude from that instead of the older turbo manual Forester's sales numbers!
Old 07-15-2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by AWDfreak

Yup, real men (enthusiasts) drive stick, autos are for pussies man! Look at Mitsu's TC-SST, breaks with too much power & easily overheats after just a few hot laps. WTF-my 6-speed manual tranny don't know "limp mode" when it gets too hot, & it's suppose to only be on "MR" models, Mitsubishi RACING my ***-lol. Who wants a auto tranny that overheats & goes limp while racing, ****ing dumbasses man! You're suppose to get hard when in heat, not limp-lmao!