WRX Gone :( But hello STI

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 12:01 PM

Car Info: 05 Impreza CGM
yup you need nothing but a reflash. Believe me I had all kinds of stuff, turbo, injectors, loud exhaust. I got rid of everything and only have an ECUTEC reflash.
254whp/275 torque at 16 psi (this is on a dyno dynamics dyno). Stock it did 219whp on the same dyno.

Now I can gun the car without being afraid that everyone within two blocks knows I have an aftermarket exhaust.

cheers

Nick
Old 02-16-2005, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by titsataki
yup you need nothing but a reflash. Believe me I had all kinds of stuff, turbo, injectors, loud exhaust. I got rid of everything and only have an ECUTEC reflash.
254whp/275 torque at 16 psi (this is on a dyno dynamics dyno). Stock it did 219whp on the same dyno.

Now I can gun the car without being afraid that everyone within two blocks knows I have an aftermarket exhaust.

cheers

Nick

Ok well that sounds great and only seems to build up the accessport. So are their maps just bad? If so in a month they will have street tuner software so I could tune it myself. Is there any downside?

-joe
Old 02-16-2005, 12:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Wow, I looked at the pictures and all I could think was "That's it? That little damage and they totalled it?" Am I not seeing something? Which insurance company do you have?

jason
Old 02-16-2005, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by mmboost
Wow, I looked at the pictures and all I could think was "That's it? That little damage and they totalled it?" Am I not seeing something? Which insurance company do you have?

jason
Yeah it was crazy. I went through the guy who hit me's insurance... 'Unitrin' I had never heard of it be they were quite nice and didn't give me a hard time. They said that the massive number of body panels (full front and back ends) were a large portion of the cost. And all the accessories were supposedly damaged. AKA alternator, AC so on. I looked and nothing was touching them. Suspension wasn't harmed as far as I could tell. But u never know about the frame. Any way they said it was 16k to fix so they gave me 21k+tax/reg.

Not bad in my eyes.

-Joe
Old 02-16-2005, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by vapo
Ok well that sounds great and only seems to build up the accessport. So are their maps just bad? If so in a month they will have street tuner software so I could tune it myself. Is there any downside?

-joe

I never said accessport is bad or good. I have no experience with it. But on the other hand I am a bit sceptical to install an out of the box engine management solution when there are like 3-4 options within driving distance in the Bay Area than custom tune the STi. Again I personally have no interest to tune my own car but I would rather have a prodesionally custom tuned map for my car.

Cheers

Nick
Old 02-16-2005, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by vapo
Yeah it was crazy. I went through the guy who hit me's insurance... 'Unitrin' I had never heard of it be they were quite nice and didn't give me a hard time. They said that the massive number of body panels (full front and back ends) were a large portion of the cost. And all the accessories were supposedly damaged. AKA alternator, AC so on. I looked and nothing was touching them. Suspension wasn't harmed as far as I could tell. But u never know about the frame. Any way they said it was 16k to fix so they gave me 21k+tax/reg.

Not bad in my eyes.

-Joe
Any more pics of the damage on the Volvo SUV? It seems next to no damage on it.
Anyways 21k payout is a good deal. As long as you did not hurt yourself.

Cheers

Nick