WRX Accident Seen on HWY 120

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 09:14 PM

Car Info: WRB '08 WRX 5 Door
subaru's awesome crash ratings are proved in situations like this... civic had worse odds...
Old 03-10-2009, 09:37 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
That is terrible...
Old 03-16-2009, 04:36 PM

Car Info: 97 Dodge Ram 2500
My parents were in the black car and my mom died. It was NOT there fault. The blue Subaru crossed the line and hot my mom and dad. My dad is in ICU fighting for his life.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by scorpionsfury
My parents were in the black car and my mom died. It was NOT there fault. The blue Subaru crossed the line and hot my mom and dad. My dad is in ICU fighting for his life.
First of all, all I can offer is my most sincere condolences for your loss and what you and your family must be going through right now. I cant even imagine what the last week has been like for you.

Im sure you might have come here looking for more info as well. From everything Ive read so far, I am inclined to believe that it was not your parents fault, as do the others here that responded. I would like you to know though, that we here take this very seriously. We are a very close knit community of Subaru enthusiasts that do not tolerate any mention of street racing or otherwise irresponsible driving at all on these pages. Believe me, no one is ever more embarrassed or ashamed to hear of any of these kids that run out and buy a WRX and act like idiots than all of us here. Unfortunately, this happens all too often with nearly ever fast car that comes out, but I hope you understand that this was purely on this one individual and not a reflection on our car or our community here.

Your father and your family will be in our prayers and thoughts. I dont know what I can offer you, but if theres anything we can do to help please let us know.
thanks for taking the time to find us and post this.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:16 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Crazy that the 14 year old passenger lived and the driver died in the civic as the passenger side looks gnarly.

Scorpionsfury. Truly sorry for your loss. I can only pray your dad makes it out alright.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:24 PM

Car Info: 2007 WRX CGM
Originally Posted by scorpionsfury
My sincerest condolences to you and your family. When I read those words.. it hit home in a whole different way than when I first read this thread. Both of my parents have gone through almost life threatening conditions and it was truly a scary and tough time for my family.

I just can't imagine how I would've felt if things didn't go the way they did. Like Krinkov said.. there isn't anything we can offer that will make things better but know that our community is full of good people that will do what we can to help. I usually don't pray but every once in a blue moon I will bring back my Catholic roots and tonight will be one of them.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 AM

My Parents

Originally Posted by Krinkov
First of all, all I can offer is my most sincere condolences for your loss and what you and your family must be going through right now. I cant even imagine what the last week has been like for you.

Im sure you might have come here looking for more info as well. From everything Ive read so far, I am inclined to believe that it was not your parents fault, as do the others here that responded. I would like you to know though, that we here take this very seriously. We are a very close knit community of Subaru enthusiasts that do not tolerate any mention of street racing or otherwise irresponsible driving at all on these pages. Believe me, no one is ever more embarrassed or ashamed to hear of any of these kids that run out and buy a WRX and act like idiots than all of us here. Unfortunately, this happens all too often with nearly ever fast car that comes out, but I hope you understand that this was purely on this one individual and not a reflection on our car or our community here.

Your father and your family will be in our prayers and thoughts. I dont know what I can offer you, but if theres anything we can do to help please let us know.
thanks for taking the time to find us and post this.
Your right in the sense I am in here looking for alot of answers. Although I know I am not going to find most of them, its comforting to know people do really care.
The accident the killed my Mom was due to NEGLAGENCE, nothing more and nothing less. anyone who crosses a solid double yellow line and can come to my home and tell me he doesnt know how he did it, is lying.
I do know he was going faster then 55 mph. Which makes this even more wreckless. I am just at a loss and dont understand. My father is doing well as of the moment, he still is unaware that his wife is gone.
The pain he is feeling now due to his injuries is nothing compared to the pain he is going to feel when I tell him about my Mom.
You asked if there was anything you can do for me and my family?
There is, I would like to set up a fund for my Mom in Memory of her. can you help me?
I would like to know more about the accidnt, because as of today there is still no police report. So the more I can find out the better I am going to be for personal reasons.
Thank you for your thoughts.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by jondl
My sincerest condolences to you and your family. When I read those words.. it hit home in a whole different way than when I first read this thread. Both of my parents have gone through almost life threatening conditions and it was truly a scary and tough time for my family.

I just can't imagine how I would've felt if things didn't go the way they did. Like Krinkov said.. there isn't anything we can offer that will make things better but know that our community is full of good people that will do what we can to help. I usually don't pray but every once in a blue moon I will bring back my Catholic roots and tonight will be one of them.

I know that this community is full of good people thats why I came here in hopes to find a few answers. Not that I will but I am going to search anyway.
I would like you to help if you can, I would like to set up a fund in Memory of my Mom, think you can help me do this?
My Mom touched so many people throughout her life its hard even for me to picture my life without her. Although I know she is in a better place it makes it no easier for me and my fmaily. The hardest is yet to come, for I still need to tell my Father his wife of 43 yrs is gone.
Yesterday was My moms 63 Bday and on May first was the Wedding Anniversery. These days are filled with hurt and sorrow, but I know she is in a better place. Nothing will make this loss any easier but Thank you for the Prayers.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Crazy that the 14 year old passenger lived and the driver died in the civic as the passenger side looks gnarly.

Scorpionsfury. Truly sorry for your loss. I can only pray your dad makes it out alright.
My dad gets better with each passing day. I just hope that when I tell him my Mom is no longer with us he dont take a down hill spiral.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
I think it'd be interesting to find out what caused him to be out of place, I wouldn't be so quick to deem it "irresponsible" when it said he was going the speed limit

He wasnt going the speed limit. Ryan says he was going 55 mph. The case is still being investigated. When I have that Police report I will have something to stand on.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:45 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
If you want to set up a fund so that people can make donations in memory of your mother, I would recommend speaking with an attorney first so that the account is properly set up and used for the proper reasons. Sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:47 AM

To all that have quated on this accident:
The people in the Black Honda are my Mom and Dad.
My mom died in this crash. My Dad is Critical and does not know his wife passed in the accident. This is hard to see. I keep coming back looking for answers on how this happened and why. This makes me cry knowing this could have been avoided by someone paying attention to the road and not something else or someone else in the car. This crash is a 55 mph +. I am 41 yrs old & I have a 15 yr old sister I now have to raise thanks to this. I have 4 kids and they all range in age 18 being my oldest and 1 1/2 as my youngest. My youngest will never get to know her grandmother. All she will ever remember of her are the the things I can tell her and some pictures I can show her as my youngest grows.
You never think this will happen to you until one day all the things you thought are shattered in an instant. I will cherish what I had with my Mom as for my Dad he is unaware of my Moms passing. Now as he starts coming out of all the sedation and starts feeling all the pain due to injuries caused by this accident he gets to also feel the pain of LOSS. For when he wakes up all the way I get to tell him my Mom is gone.
He is a strong Man, I do NOT know how strong he will be after hearing what I have to tell him. This Man I love more than anything in the world and worshiped the ground my mother stood on is going to fall apart, and I get to watch this. I am strong but this will devistate me. I don't know how he will do being she was his whole life.
Its now left on me to make sure he pulls through and knows he has reason for being here. He has his kids and grandkids I will need to keep him busy with them so he knows how very much we love him and need him.
This ACCIDENT could have been avoided had Ryan just paid a little more attention to the ROAD and what he was doing.
This is Neglagence behind the wheel. This kills, look at the results. My parents were innocent by standers in this and were just driving to meet me. I am blown away..!!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:28 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
I am truly sorry for all you are going through and my heart goes out to you and your family. I know nothing i can really say will change things but i pray for strength to get through the rough times. May your father heal and recover and you all stay strong together.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
scorpionsfury, I am truly sorry for your loss and I'm just as shocked. it takes alot of courage to come onto these boards and tell us of your loss. we will be thinking about your whole family in our prayers.

on another note, will Ryan Rice be charged with anything?
Old 04-02-2009, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
Wow, I hardly ever get tears in my eyes but after reading scorpions responses I now feel really bad. I will pray for you and your family along with everyone else involved. I know how that road is, I use to live in Copperopolis and I have a lot of family there still. The whole having to tell your dad thing is really tough man, I hope he pulls throuogh after you tell him

-Gio

Quick Reply: WRX Accident Seen on HWY 120