written declaration help

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 07:19 PM

Car Info: 03 sedan 2nd wrx
written declaration help

Does anyone have a templet of what this not guilty pled is suposs to look like? And do I need to pay in advance or what I need some help fast thanks everyone
Peace Miguel
Old 04-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
You pay in advance, when you give them your little letter about not being guilty...

http://www.ticketassassin.com

He's got everything you need. Give him the $15 he asks for, cause he's doing a lot.

-Gagan
Old 04-21-2003, 09:36 PM

Car Info: 2003 Silver WRX Sedan, 1982 Corvette Collectors Ed.
I know you may send in a written declaration if you live more than 100 miles from the court where you need to go. However, it is always in your best interest to go to the court in person in a court date.

The reason for this is that you may luck out if the officer does not show. Now if you send in a declaration, the cop can submit his evidence in writing as well. Many times if you do not live in the county the officers will assume you wont show so they dont come either. You seem to think you may be able to fight it, so it's worth the trip.

Just as a side note, not for my last court date but the previous one (yes, I have been a "few" times) the officer came (I would have beat it anyway) yet, he forgot to bring something....the ticket...and apparently his brain because he didnt remember all the details, so the judge said he was not able to give testimony and with a smile sent me on my way.

Robb
Old 04-21-2003, 10:15 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally posted by robb
I know you may send in a written declaration if you live more than 100 miles from the court where you need to go. However, it is always in your best interest to go to the court in person in a court date.

The reason for this is that you may luck out if the officer does not show. Now if you send in a declaration, the cop can submit his evidence in writing as well. Many times if you do not live in the county the officers will assume you wont show so they dont come either. You seem to think you may be able to fight it, so it's worth the trip.

Just as a side note, not for my last court date but the previous one (yes, I have been a "few" times) the officer came (I would have beat it anyway) yet, he forgot to bring something....the ticket...and apparently his brain because he didnt remember all the details, so the judge said he was not able to give testimony and with a smile sent me on my way.

Robb

Robb,

Doing a trial by written declaration is your right as a resident of the state of california. Also, it's ALWAYS better to do a written declaration instead of a in person trial, because if the written declaration doesn't go your way, and you are determined to fight this, you can then get a Trial De Novo (new trial) which is IN person only... now this would be typically now 5-7 months after a citation was issued, and then is your real chance of an officer not showing up!

-Gagan