Wrecked (pt 2) [GOOD NEWS! :)] (help request)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 06:01 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

if you look at the 4 pixs of the estimate, every single nook and cranny is dealt with.

damn computers.

which the insurance probably has the same thing too.

hence my insurance for the STi is close to $950 per 6 months...
Old 08-06-2003, 06:03 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by Sisqocqk
be careful Matt because this seems a little fishy to me.

Make sure you find out for sure because it sounds like the bodyshop found a "not-so-legal" loop-hole with the insurance company.

Make sure you get a paper trail of everything you and the bodyshop does that says it's okay. that includes receipts, contracts and any other insurance and bodyshop documents you get in regard to this mess.

eric
Usually what happens is, the insurance of the at-fault party cuts both vehicle owners a check for the damages based on estimates. You can spend it however you want- you don't even have to fix it if you don't want to. What they owe you is the cost of fixing your car- not the act of fixing it.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:04 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by ldivinag
hence my insurance for the STi is close to $950 per 6 months...
Wah. I pay $750 per 6 months just for an RS and have no points on my record. I'm also 24.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally posted by BAN SUVS
Usually what happens is, the insurance of the at-fault party cuts both vehicle owners a check for the damages based on estimates. You can spend it however you want- you don't even have to fix it if you don't want to. What they owe you is the cost of fixing your car- not the act of fixing it.
that's what I was trying to say earlier..perfect

thanks.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
well in that case aftermarket it up yo.

i've never been in a accident so i wouldn't have known.

eric
Old 08-06-2003, 07:09 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
The only problem you may come accross is the lein holder on the car might have a fit with how they do it. If you held the pink slip on the car, the ins company would just make the check out to you and say "have a nice day" ( although for them to cover the car further in another accident down the road, they would want proof the car was fixed ie receipts and pictures of the work)

the leinholder will prolly want proof the work was completed and the car is back to the condition it was in before. They are usualy ok with the fact that you use other parts to put it back to running condition, just as long as it looks like it is supose to, not all primered and busted
Old 08-06-2003, 09:55 PM
VIP Member

i have too much pride to let my car be primered and busted

I e-mailed Nate about seeing if I could get some aftermarket stuff through you guys. I've decided to bring my POS rental to the bbq, so maybe we can talk more then.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:36 AM

Car Info: 2010 370z Roadster, 2008 Frontier CrewCab
Good luck with your repair!

Last edited by GR8-WRX; 08-07-2003 at 06:41 AM.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:13 AM

Car Info: 98 RS
Hey i am pretty sure what ever your claim adjuster ends up saying they will pay is what you get. In the form of a check written out to you. You then take this and go buy what ever parts you want. **** you could take 10k blow it all on beer and stripers, then go on a vacation.
At least this is the way it has been when i have had to make claims. I have never had one over 4k so i dont know if they have different regulations when the monitary value is that high.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:12 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Originally posted by ldivinag
funny how the color is listed as MUSTARD...
Yeah, I thought it was Cheez Whiz Yellow?
Old 08-07-2003, 09:42 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by BlingBlingBlue
Yeah, I thought it was Cheez Whiz Yellow?
hey now. Don't make me come over there
Old 08-07-2003, 10:53 AM

Car Info: 2010 370z Roadster, 2008 Frontier CrewCab
Originally posted by Subaruski42o
Hey i am pretty sure what ever your claim adjuster ends up saying they will pay is what you get. In the form of a check written out to you.
I think it depends on your insurer's relationship with the bodyshop. The way it worked for me before was that if I chose a bodyshop on my insurer's "preferred list", they would pay the body shop directly and all I would have to do is pickup the car. If I chose a different shop not on their list, I would be sent a check.

BTW, I had to use a bodyshop before because someone rear-ended me when I had my Integra.

sonicsuby, please be careful on what you post in the threads. I'd be inclined to post only what you wouldn't mind your insurance company seeing. Just looking out for you, bro.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

I haven't posted anything thus far that is not public record so it shouldn't be a problem. And all of it has been fully legal.

I don't lie, or cheat so I'm not afraid of anything that has happened. One good thing about always playing by the rules is that it doesn't give you anything to hide

Thanks for you concern though.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:12 AM

Car Info: 1999 Forester
Originally posted by sonicsuby
I *think* so. This may end up being very profitable
Be VERY careful with this. I thought I was able to do this when I got into my accident a while back, but it turned out not to be the case. I spent $1000 on v7 suspension stuff, and bought a new set of my rims (ROTA SDRs), thinking that I would get roughly $900 from my mechanic.

In the end, I supposedly owed him $60 though; he totally screwed me. He claimed that there was all this extra labor that his employees had to do on the car beucase the parts I bought were not stock for the car they were actually working on. Bull****! Just because a set of struts/springs/topmounts are from an STi doesn't mean it's going to cost me somewhere in the $960 to install them!

Anyways, just be careful going out and spending a bunch of money on new stuff for your car unless you are 100% sure that you'll get the money back. Perhaps it won't be such a loss to you, but for me, losing that $1400 has put me in a financial crunch for the last 6 months and I'm just barely getting out of it now.

(sorry if some of that doesn't make sense, I just recently got a concussion)
Old 08-07-2003, 11:24 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by milesmatics
Be VERY careful with this. I thought I was able to do this when I got into my accident a while back, but it turned out not to be the case. I spent $1000 on v7 suspension stuff, and bought a new set of my rims (ROTA SDRs), thinking that I would get roughly $900 from my mechanic.

In the end, I supposedly owed him $60 though; he totally screwed me. He claimed that there was all this extra labor that his employees had to do on the car beucase the parts I bought were not stock for the car they were actually working on. Bull****! Just because a set of struts/springs/topmounts are from an STi doesn't mean it's going to cost me somewhere in the $960 to install them!

Anyways, just be careful going out and spending a bunch of money on new stuff for your car unless you are 100% sure that you'll get the money back. Perhaps it won't be such a loss to you, but for me, losing that $1400 has put me in a financial crunch for the last 6 months and I'm just barely getting out of it now.

(sorry if some of that doesn't make sense, I just recently got a concussion)
Trust me, I know, money is kind of tight for me right now too