Wrecked (pt 2) [GOOD NEWS! :)] (help request)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 02:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Wrecked (pt 2) [GOOD NEWS! :)] (help request)

I'm posting this on both I-Club and NASIOC, so if you see this twice, my apologies, but thank you for reading.

First, I want to thank everyone in the BAIC - I've been (and continue to be) a member of many online auto forums for my past vehicles, and you guys are the coolest bunch I've ever come across. You're also extremely helpful - thank you for that. You guys (and gals) rock.

So anyway....

First, I talked with my insurance company today. Based on my statements, which I provided and are truthful (I refuse to lie ), they feel that the other driver may be at fault, so they are pursuing that..sweet! If they find me at fault, I will have to evaluate their reasoning, but I have the name of an EXCELLENT lawyer who defended my gf in a traffic accident law suit that I may contact. I hope it doesn't come to that so cross your fingers for me on that one.

So, below I've included some pics of the car I took at the body shop this morning. They removed a ton of stuff to look through the car and make sure they find everything to be fixed. Only two things are being repaired or refinished. My drivers side fender has a very minimal dent that they are going to repair (it's not major enough to get a replacement) and they're going to refinish the scoop to match the hood,..

I've also included pics of the estimate. Below are thumbnails that link to the big pictures that are readable. You can see what $10,000 in damage looks like to repair

Thanks a bunch.

Last edited by nachomc; 08-06-2003 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:54 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

funny how the color is listed as MUSTARD...
Old 08-06-2003, 03:01 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
That means you can buy used parts and they reimburse you new part price for it?
Old 08-06-2003, 03:10 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by bemani
That means you can buy used parts and they reimburse you new part price for it?
I *think* so. This may end up being very profitable
Old 08-06-2003, 03:11 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by ldivinag
funny how the color is listed as MUSTARD...
I know. I almost mentioned it to them, but figured they'd pull color codes off the door so I didn't need to be an *** pain
Old 08-06-2003, 03:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
BUMP until someone can really give you a good answer.

It's hard to believe that's 10k worth of damage. I'm not too sure if the head lights are a direct fit but im pretty sure they are Matt.

The only one's i'm pretty sure WON'T fit are the $2000 jdm sti projectors. I think the usdm style projectors run about $850-ish but im sure everything else should fit in regard to electrical etc.

Eric

Maybe you should give everyone a part from that list you want to replace with aftermarket stuff and give us some homework.

then we can post on what we know/find on fit price availability

start emailing vendors@ MPJ, Gruppe-s, S-squared, etc. etc. etc. to see what they know. even try Tom and Mark at Kartboy. they are cool guys too.

KEEP ALL YOUR RECEIPTS!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 03:28 PM
VIP Member

How's this:

Grille:

Lights:

Don't wanna steal suby_dude bandwidth, so it's linked:
http://www.subydude.com/parts/details.php?110

(are the above lights the same?)

Corners:

or

(might look too bumblebee-ish though...)

Me thinks I like this badge:

Old 08-06-2003, 03:29 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
Originally posted by sonicsuby
I *think* so. This may end up being very profitable
No kidding ... $130 for the grille, $40 for the emblem, that's like $150 of profit right there
Old 08-06-2003, 03:35 PM

A little confused

So let me understand a little better. The person doing the repair work is going to bill you insurance company for the stock parts, but not buy them, and in return credit you back the money he billed the insurance company?

If that's the case, then isn't the person doing the repair flirting with fraud by billing for parts that are not purchased.

Aren't you only responsible for your deductible?

I may be missing something, but it sounds a little suspisious that you would be able to buy the sweet aftermarket parts for a fraction of their cost.

Just curious.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:38 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
you do NOT want the JDM STi projectors, and no matter what people try to tell you, they DO concentrate the beam pattern directly in the eyes of oncoming drivers. be sure to pay the extra hundred or two dollars and get a set of EDM STi projectors that are meant for cars that drive on the RIGHT side of the road. this means that the lights will be LHD lights because the cars have the steering wheel on the left side whereas the japanese cars have the steering wheel on the wrong (right) side.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:39 PM
VIP Member

Re: A little confused

Originally posted by EWThompson13
So let me understand a little better. The person doing the repair work is going to bill you insurance company for the stock parts, but not buy them, and in return credit you back the money he billed the insurance company?

If that's the case, then isn't the person doing the repair flirting with fraud by billing for parts that are not purchased.

Aren't you only responsible for your deductible?

I may be missing something, but it sounds a little suspisious that you would be able to buy the sweet aftermarket parts for a fraction of their cost.

Just curious.
The insurance company is responsible for putting my car back to stock. Anything I do outside of that is up to me. I don't think I could start buying used parts and have him credit me for them - that probably wouldn't work. But the aftermarket stuff is cool. He has to have the stock peices on the estimate, and I'm owed that money anyway because it goes towards fixing my car, he credits me the amount for the stock parts.

It's just like if the ins co cut me a check to fix my car with stock parts and I bought aftermarket parts. Same principle. I also might not be explaining it properly.

We only briefly talked about it, so I may not have all the info. He'll probably require that I provide receipts and he'll reimburse me for the cost of the part, or the cost of the stock part, which ever is less.

I gaurantee you I'm not out to fraud anybody..in fact, until you mentioned it that thought didn't even come to mind.

Last edited by nachomc; 08-06-2003 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:42 PM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
the projectors are not plug n play. i believe u need a wiring harness to connect them. (electrically that is. physically they'll slide right in)
Old 08-06-2003, 03:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
be careful Matt because this seems a little fishy to me.

Make sure you find out for sure because it sounds like the bodyshop found a "not-so-legal" loop-hole with the insurance company.

Make sure you get a paper trail of everything you and the bodyshop does that says it's okay. that includes receipts, contracts and any other insurance and bodyshop documents you get in regard to this mess.

eric
Old 08-06-2003, 04:02 PM
VIP Member

I'll just have them put everything back to stock..forget I even mentioned it.

Last thing I want to do is get them or me in trouble. Either way, like I said, I probably posted the details wrong, no biggie

Last edited by nachomc; 08-06-2003 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:43 PM

weird that doesnt even look like 10k in damage..

Quick Reply: Wrecked (pt 2) [GOOD NEWS! :)] (help request)