The worst school shooting to date...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 08:58 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
Yeah I think, or I HOPE, we can all agree this has nothing to do with gun control. Personally I know countless people that own guns... I know ZERO people that would ever harm a child. This whole story makes me so sick. School shootings aren't something that should happen. Murder/suicide ect. have occurred for as long as man has been alive, but someone shooting up a class room of kids?? Makes me sick to the stomach every time I think about it
Old 12-14-2012, 09:04 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
I blame the society that made it possible for nutjobs to have access to guns.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by w0ng3r
I think that you can just stop there and everyone can ignore that comment.

For your own good.

If you don't know why......

Then you're in trouble.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
or rocks, or plastic knives, or lego, or cars

BAN everything right?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rescuer
or rocks, or plastic knives, or lego, or cars

BAN everything right?
If you believe that the availability of guns has no correlation to gun related violence, I don't think you will ever learn.

find me a school shooting in a country where firearms are outlawed and I shall gladly concede my position.

The washington post did a seemingly thorough piece on the issue, complete with actual statistics, it also compares the correlation of gun control laws vs shootings, the source of said guns in shootings and comparisons with other countries.

Twelve facts about guns and mass shootings in the United States

Four more studies done by Harvard University:
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/research...ath/index.html

You can give me all the anecdotal evidence about responsible, sane gun owners, but I still adhere to facts and numbers. If you can provide factual evidence to refute this, by all means, go ahead. I'm listening.

Last edited by w0ng3r; 12-14-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:03 PM

If you believe that the availability of guns has no correlation to gun related violence, I don't think you will ever learn.

find me a school shooting in a country where firearms are outlawed and I shall gladly concede my position.

The washington post did a seemingly thorough piece on the issue, complete with actual statistics, it also compares the correlation of gun control laws vs shootings, the source of said guns in shootings and comparisons with other countries.

Twelve facts about guns and mass shootings in the United States

Four more studies done by Harvard University:
Homicide - Firearms Research - Harvard Injury Control Research Center - Harvard School of Public Health

You can give me all the anecdotal evidence about responsible, sane gun owners, but I still adhere to facts and numbers. If you can provide factual evidence to refute this, by all means, go ahead. I'm listening.

If you believe that guns are the only correlation to murder, then I know you will never ever learn.

Your statements and beliefs reflect upon a more neutral, generalized, average citizen on the bell curve mentality. Whats being questioned here is really the chemical unbalance, psychotic and psychological make up of a disturbed and possibly mentally ill individual at a early stage who's rage has been directed towards unrelated individuals and innocent bystanders. You do not try to weigh the mentally disturbed mind with an averagely sane one. You do not mix crazy and try to fight it with sound reasoning. In other word, oil and water do not mix.

Lets step back and think about a couple of things. In the mind of a serial killer, or an extremist, terrorist, or even a homicidal maniac; if their intent is to harm others, then that is exactly what they will try to achieve. You think that guns will stop something from beginning? You mention repeatedly that it is soooooo easy for individuals to get fire arms, do you know whats even easier? Pulling the trigger and firing a fire arm. Guns are the first to get acknowledgement because of the simplicity of the whole tool. Aim, pull, fire. Guns are not the most convenient method to take out individuals or a vast demographic. When a murderer chooses a fire arm, it is more out of enjoyment to control and see which one of the victims that stand before you fall first. It is a mind game, in that game their thirst or anger is fed with satisfaction through the reasoning that they see and believe through their eyes and psychological mentality. They do it to enjoy the experience, to gain satisfaction in every second until the bitter inevitable end. What ever the reason it may be, from scarred past events or just the sheer hunger of specific bodily chemicals being released into their blood stream.

If they didn't have fire arms..... well I can honestly name multiple methods that are lot more effective and convenient when trying to target and remove a vast demographic. Many are DIY and home made with readily available resources. The information is even easier to find, since the intranet is our vast information system.

Now from the pictures recovered, I see that this 20 year old looks more than a child if anything even if they are a legal USA adult. So now the reasoning behind this is whole event is even more intricate and complicated. I never met the kid so I don't have an opinion of who he really is. Since he offed him self, no one will really know the whole truth of the matter.

Last edited by pho_shizzle; 12-14-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:10 PM

Car Info: Nadda

This is why there should be guns in "gun free" zones.

First of all, I believe in there are more same folks than insane. You have more sane folks with weapons, people defend themselves more often and prevent stuff from going too far.

Go make a thread on gun control elsewhere, this is not the avenue for it. What we have is all skepticism. What we do know is that guns exist, they aren't leaving or disappearing no matter how strict the laws. Bad folks will always find means to get weapons, knife/gun/steel toe boot/whatever.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
If you believe that guns are the only correlation to murder, then I know you will never ever learn.

Your statements and beliefs reflect upon a more neutral, generalized, average citizen on the bell curve mentality. Whats being questioned here is really the chemical unbalance, psychotic and psychological make up of a disturbed and possibly mentally ill individual at a early stage who's rage has been directed towards unrelated individuals and innocent bystanders. You do not try to weigh the mentally disturbed mind with an averagely sane one. You do not mix crazy and try to fight it with sound reasoning. In other word, oil and water do not mix.

Lets step back and think about a couple of things. In the mind of a serial killer, or an extremist, terrorist, or even a homicidal maniac; if their intent is to harm others, then that is exactly what they will try to achieve. You think that guns will stop something from beginning? You mention repeatedly that it is soooooo easy for individuals to get fire arms, do you know whats even easier? Pulling the trigger and firing a fire arm. Guns are the first to get acknowledgement because of the simplicity of the whole tool. Aim, pull, fire. Guns are not the most convenient method to take out individuals or a vast demographic. When a murderer chooses a fire arm, it is more out of enjoyment to control and see which one of the victims that stand before you fall first. It is a mind game, in that game their thirst or anger is fed with satisfaction through the reasoning that they see and believe through their eyes and psychological mentality. They do it to enjoy the experience, to gain satisfaction in every second until the bitter inevitable end. What ever the reason it may be, from scarred past events or just the sheer hunger of specific bodily chemicals being released into their blood stream.

If they didn't have fire arms..... well I can honestly name multiple methods that are lot more effective and convenient when trying to target and remove a vast demographic. Many are DIY and home made with readily available resources. The information is even easier to find, since the intranet is our vast information system.

Now from the pictures recovered, I see that this 20 year old looks more than a child if anything even if they are a legal USA adult. So now the reasoning behind this is whole event is even more intricate and complicated. I never met the kid so I don't have an opinion of who he really is. Since he offed him self, no one will really know the whole truth of the matter.
In order for a shooting to occur, you need two things: Someone with intent and a means to do it.

Guns are an easy means to kill, the shooters mother was shot with her own rifle. Don't you think that makes a very clear statement? Like I've said all along, banning guns alone won't solve the problem, but the fact remains that a nutjob who is able to get hold of a gun is far more dangerous than one without.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:53 PM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
In order for a shooting to occur, you need two things: Someone with intent and a means to do it.

Guns are an easy means to kill, the shooters mother was shot with her own rifle. Don't you think that makes a very clear statement? Like I've said all along, banning guns alone won't solve the problem, but the fact remains that a nutjob who is able to get hold of a gun is far more dangerous than one without.
what about good ol timmy mcveigh?
Old 12-14-2012, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by McLovinMyWRX
what about good ol timmy mcveigh?
Quoting an exception in a series doesn't prove anything, he is just that, an exception.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:58 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
If gun control laws in the us were like those in singapore, this would never happen
If you feel it's safer for you back in your homeland Singapore, then I think you should move back there.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lurk
If you feel it's safer for you back in your homeland Singapore, then I think you should move back there.
I'm sorry, this is beneficial to the discussion, how? I shall give the benefit of the doubt that there isn't some form of "GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM" xenophobia going on here. And for the record, yes, the crime rate is Singapore is one of the lowest in the world. I don't just FEEL that it's safer, I KNOW it is.

Last edited by w0ng3r; 12-14-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:23 PM

What about a nutjob who can create explosives and bombs and only need guns for the cool look renegade factor?
Old 12-14-2012, 11:28 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
I'm sorry, this is beneficial to the discussion, how? I shall give the benefit of the doubt that there isn't some form of "GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM" xenophobia going on here. And for the record, yes, the crime rate is Singapore is one of the lowest in the world. I don't just FEEL that it's safer, I KNOW it is.
It seems like your grasp of the Constitution is tenuous at best. I'm not going to debate 2nd Amendment issues with someone who comes from a place where the right to bear arms doesn't even exist. If you don't "get it", that's fine. But don't get on your soapbox and turn this tragedy into an opportunity for you to demonize firearms.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
What about a nutjob who can create explosives and bombs and only need guns for the cool look renegade factor?
Sale of fertilizers in large quantities is regulated. You can't prevent people from killing other people, you can only make it harder for them to.

Ammonium Nitrate Security Statutes and Regulations | Homeland Security

Quick Reply: The worst school shooting to date...