Which wires to tap into for front speakers and on/off switch?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 12:55 AM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Which wires to tap into for front speakers and on/off switch?

Okay this one's for you WW.

I just got installing a Kicker sub/amp in my wagon, but there's just a couple more things I need to complete the job:

Which wires on the harness do I tap into to get the front speakers? (I'm using a Navone Engineering N-777 LOC)

Which wire on the harness do I tap into for the on/off switch on the amp? (A little diagram would be awesome but just colors will be fine. )

And one last question if you have some extra time: What the hell is that headphone plug-looking male connector that plugs in beside the harness?

BTW I am pretty proud of myself for doing this install cleanly without breaking off some PITA little plastic thing somewhere. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:38 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

here ya go:

http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/m.../radiowrx.html

unfortunately, there is no remote turn-in trigger. yopu may need to buy this too:

http://www.davidnavone.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=N-902

or if you want to have the amp turn on when you start the car, use pin 10 for the trigger. use a relay to turn the neg trigger into a positive one. ask me how to do this,... n
Old 01-29-2003, 03:56 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by Steppin Razor
Okay this one's for you WW.

I just got installing a Kicker sub/amp in my wagon, but there's just a couple more things I need to complete the job:
I'm here for you, man. By the way, do you know that i-Club has a radio/TV/stereo forum, or something like that?

I haven't messed with the factory system. I don't listen to much music in any car I've ever owned, except maybe on trips longer than two hours. Weird, isn't it? Passengers riding along will sit there for about a half hour and then ask, "Does your radio work?"

I'm gonna have to pick up a flatbed scanner at Costco. I've got a near-complete set of MY02 Subaru Impreza shop manuals, but no way to post suspension diagrams or wiring schematics on i-Club.

And one last question if you have some extra time: What the hell is that headphone plug-looking male connector that plugs in beside the harness?
Um, could it be the antenna lead?

BTW I am pretty proud of myself for doing this install cleanly without breaking off some PITA little plastic thing somewhere. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
I'd be most worried about installing it securely enough to prevent rattles and vibration when I crank it up.

--
^ww^
"...axles of evil..." - George W. Bush