View Poll Results: Would you prefer spray or wipe?
Spray
65.00%
Wipe
25.00%
Both
10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Wipe or Spray?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
Wipe or Spray?

I am looking at some Lexol leather conditioner, cleaner, and vinylex. They come in spray and wipe. Which one would you guys prefer?

Leo
Old 04-09-2009, 10:50 AM

Car Info: '07 OBP STI
I'm a fan of sprays over wipes
Old 04-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor

Lexol pH Leather Cleaner - 500 ml Pump Spray

Deep cleans dirt, oil and leftover perspiration salts that build up and destroy leather interiors. Lexol is adjusted to the pH of leather, so it will not harm the finish or fibers of the leather. Rinses easily and quickly with water, leaving no residue or dulling film. Apply with either a damp Lexol Applicator Sponge or a damp, soft cloth to work up a foam that lifts out the dirt. Rinse thoroughly with another clean, wet sponge or cloth. Once all traces of cleaner have been rinsed off, pat dry with a soft, 100% cotton towel. To keep your interior in top condition, clean the leather about twice a year and immediately follow with Lexol Conditioner. Do not use on suede. (Our favorite leather cleaner.)
Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Former Vendor

Lexol pH Leather Cleaner Quick Wipes Canister

The resealable canister contains 25 Cleaner saturated, pop-up, Quick Wipe towelettes. Use the easy popup Cleaner saturated towelette to deep clean dirt, oil and leftover perspiration salts that build up and destroy leather interiors. Apply a few drops of water to the pH Cleaner saturated towelette and then use the towelette to work up a foam that lifts out the dirt. Remove all traces of the cleaner with a clean, wet sponge or cloth. Rinse the cloth or sponge frequently in clean water. Once all traces of cleaner have been thoroughly rinsed off, pat dry with a soft, 100% cotton towel. To keep your interior in top condition, clean the leather about twice a year and immediately follow with Lexol Conditioner. Do not use on suede. (Our favorite leather cleaner.)
Attached Thumbnails Wipe or Spray?-10731.jpg  
Old 04-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Former Vendor

Lexol Leather Conditioner - 500 ml Pump Spray

A unique emulsion that "feeds" leather to keep it soft and supple while maintaining strength and durability. Regular use will maintain leather in top condition and not leave the surface slick or greasy, unlike other "all purpose" products. Work into the leather with a clean, soft, 100% cotton cloth or Lexol Applicator Sponge; allow the conditioner to be fully absorbed (15-20 minutes) and then buff off the excess with another soft, clean, 100% cotton cloth. Use 3-4 times a year to keep your leather in top condition. You do not have to clean the leather every time you condition, but you must condition every time you clean it. Do not use on suede. (Our favorite leather conditioner)
Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor

Lexol Leather Conditioner Quick Wipes Canister

The resealable canister contains 25 Conditioner saturated, pop-up, Quick Wipe towelettes. Lexol Conditioner is a unique emulsion that “feeds” leather to keep it soft and supple while maintaining strength and durability. Regular use will maintain leather in top condition and not leave the surface slick or greasy, unlike other “all purpose” products. Use the Conditioner saturated towelette to apply a thin, even coat of Conditioner to the leather. Allow the Conditioner to be fully absorbed into the leather (15-20 minutes) and then buff off the excess with a soft, clean, 100% cotton cloth. Use 4-5 times a year to keep your leather in top condition. You do not have to clean the leather every time you condition, but you must condition every time you clean it. Do not use on suede. (Our favorite leather conditioner)
Attached Thumbnails Wipe or Spray?-10735.jpg  
Old 04-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor

Lexol Vinylex Protectant - 500 ml Pump Spray

Vinylex gently cleans, conditions, protects and renews vinyl, rubber and plastic without leaving an excessively greasy look or feel. DH-60 Ultraviolet Sunscreen (one of the strongest on the market) protects against fading, cracking or drying caused by age, environmental pollution and the sun's ultraviolet rays. Apply with a Lexol Applicator Sponge or soft, 100% cotton cloth, allow to penetrate the vinyl for 10-15 minutes and then buff off the excess with another soft, 100% cotton cloth. Leaves a satin finish without greasiness and does not contain raw silicone oil. The lowest "sheen" product we have found. (Our favorite vinyl protectant.)
Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor

Lexol Vinylex Protectant Quick Wipes Canister

The resealable canister contains 25 Vinylex saturated, pop-up, Quick Wipe towelettes. Each easy pop-up towelette gently cleans, conditions, protects and renews vinyl, rubber and plastic without leaving an excessively greasy look or feel. DH-60 Ultraviolet Sunscreen (one of the strongest on the market) protects against fading, cracking or drying caused by age, environmental pollution and the sun's ultraviolet rays. Use the Vinylex saturated towelette to apply a thin, even coat of Vinylex, allow to penetrate the vinyl for 10-15 minutes and then buff off the excess with a soft, 100% cotton cloth. Leaves a satin finish without greasiness and does not contain raw silicone oil. The lowest "sheen" product we have found. (Our favorite vinyl protectant.)
Attached Thumbnails Wipe or Spray?-10740.jpg  
Old 04-09-2009, 11:04 AM

Car Info: 05 Saab 92x
Spray, that way the user has control of how much product to use depending on the condition of the panel/seat/upholstery being cleaned.

I wasn't too impressed with the cleaning ability of the Lexol actually....either that or it loosed up the gunk on a friends headrest I was cleaning and the 3m leather cleaner finished up the job.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Former Vendor

interesting information. Where did you get your Lexol btw, online or in-store?

Leo

Originally Posted by Mars_D
Spray, that way the user has control of how much product to use depending on the condition of the panel/seat/upholstery being cleaned.

I wasn't too impressed with the cleaning ability of the Lexol actually....either that or it loosed up the gunk on a friends headrest I was cleaning and the 3m leather cleaner finished up the job.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:24 AM

Car Info: 05 Saab 92x
I got the Lexol from a friend, he's had it for sometime and rarely used it. If I had to take a guess, my friend got it in-store somewhere.

Is there a difference between the potency if bought online vs in-store?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:32 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I am not a fan of Lexol, it is not what it used to be. It is great to make leather pretty or shiny if you are selling your car for a but but to condition it, you need something like Leatherique which contains the natural oils and such used for leather tanning in the first place. My father used to use rags soaked in Lexol to restore old cracked leather back in the day but it just doesn't do that anymore for some reason. Vinylex however is great for interior plastics especially on older cars where dashes start to crack and such.

NOTE: the message says it easily cleans up with water... You should never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever put water on your leather seats. Use a cleaner and wipe away with a clean rag but never use water. Water and leather do not mix.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:51 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I like spray...more useable product per penny.

BTW, I really like FoMoCo's interior cleaning spray.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
spray, then i can lay it on thick!
Old 04-09-2009, 02:07 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
I used to use that stuff until i tried the Porsche cleaner and conditioner and wont use lexol again.

Quick Reply: Wipe or Spray?